Jack Monroe #535 Sic Transit Gloria

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shall we all have a nice day out and go? It's entirely not a good use of my money but I wouldn't mind a look out.

That said, I'm a prize soft prat and would end up feeling sorry for her and being her new best friend, there'd be Instagram stories about me and everything, so I should probably stay away.
We could have a nice day out and *not* go?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The honking actually makes me queasy at times. It's like evil asmr.
"Honking like Evil ASMR" for thread title 😂.

That's finished me off that. It is bleeping unbearable though. Do elocution lessons still exist? And can you get them for the resale price of a Cotswold Co sideboard?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Like the start of an obscure British horror film.

Actually, I'm so starved of attention half of that sounded appealing. Someone harpoon me in the temple 😭 😂
Buy a light up mirror and talk into it before you hang on to the roof of the sleeper train on Sunday night please ntbabes.

Loneliness is a continuum and right at the end, way beyond sadness, despair and hopelessness, is catching the eye of guest in an almost empty Scottish room.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think the honking would do me in and I'd be in the pub for a £27 pint quicker than you can say "slop".
When I was at that venue the other day it was £5.50
for 330ml can of Leith Lager. No bar area to sit or anything. Even the bar fella looked mortified and offered me some free water. It’s such a tit venue. So far from the main fringe.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Buy a light up mirror and talk into it before you hang on to the roof of the sleeper train on Sunday night please ntbabes.

Loneliness is a continuum and right at the end, way beyond sadness, despair and hopelessness, is catching the eye of guest in an almost empty Scottish room.
😂 😂 😂

This thread is a bleeping joy.
---
When I was at that venue the other day it was £5.50
for 330ml can of Leith Lager. No bar area to sit or anything. Even the bar fella looked mortified and offered me some free water. It’s such a tit venue. So far from the main fringe.
I'm so desentiised by city prices that seems reasonable. I can't remember the last time I bought a large glass of wine for under £7 or any sort of beer for less than £6. A far cry from my £1 vodka redbull uni days eh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
😂 😂 😂

This thread is a bleeping joy.
---

I'm so desentiised by city prices that seems reasonable. I can't remember the last time I bought a large glass of wine for under £7 or any sort of beer for less than £6. A far cry from my £1 vodka redbull uni days eh.
It was a teeny wee coke sized can though. Like practically a half. £7 for a large wine would be good at fringe.

Reactions: 9
Sorry for the abrupt topic-change, but what's all this about Jack having another dog a decade or so ago? ( Screenshot last thread) What happened to that unfortunate pooch, does anyone know?
This is what I'm referring to, btw. I hadn't seen this before.
6398A9CB-6ACF-4246-ABEB-B78CCD2FD1A7.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Jackie, here's a few of my fave non chain Edinburgh restaurants. You can write about them as if you've been. It's fine.

The Aroma outdoor cafe at the Mosque, Ting Thai Caravan, the Malaysian restaurant in quarter mile, (Ian rankin goes there), pizza posto (insanely cheap), and Biblos for fish n chips

How about YOU? 🤓

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Apologies, it was me who suggested she's on a grift for PIP type benefits - my reasoning was simply based on not only does she relentlessly layer herself with head to toe ailments, she also frequently points out the number of people who have to care for her. It comes off as so unreal and disingenuous, I just assumed it's all part of a grift because everything else she says and does is.

It's ludicrously difficult to meet the bar and I didn't mean to trigger anyone or demean anyone's genuine struggle, the struggle is real and people absolutely deserve to claim for what they need. I've heard tell there's far more people not claiming their due and unclaimed funds than there are cheats. I truly didn't mean to hurt anyone here :(
---

I honestly don't think that and apologise for that's how it came off :(
just wanted to acknowledge this and say everything is okay and I am also sorry for causing upset! 🧡

on topic, headlines in tomorrow’s Edinburgh papers as news spreads of suspicious last minute ticket sales of niche food blogger fringe show (I tried to photoshop the jackadder selfie over trump but the photoshop app demanded I PAY for the upgraded version so that I could do this so you’ll all just have to imagine it instead):

E9BA616C-B3B8-4284-856F-F03908CEB2DC.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Feel like Jack Monroe Wikipedia edit section and Jack Monroe Tattle need to have a social.

Far too early for "uses language in a [...] somewhat manipulative, reversible-raincoat way" as thread title, which is a shame
I’m having an OUTING

These were both me in the original comments on Wikipedia. I had previously been arguing against her reported reasons for leaving Twitter because of “death threats”, reported in the Pink News (only source: Jack’s own Tweets, no evidential screen shots.) Wikipedia states that Tweets aren’t reputable sources, but because her unhinged Tweets of death threats had been reported without evidence by “reputable news outlet” Pink News, that was considered good enough. I then said it correctly that she’d left Twitter because of criticism of Mam’s dire taters. Hence unbelievable dialogue with twatty Wikipedia admin. There was more. I kept arguing it was potatoes. Wiki said death threats. duck’s sake.

15FD87AD-B8AA-4F2A-BC97-8C6D77853778.jpeg

It was also me in the “Para” military argument because 🍉 1. My dad is ex-Royal Artillery and 2. Was also jump trained and ended up being attached to a commando unit in some very hairy overseas operations, but like Gunner H, would always say he’s ex-RA and not a para, although guest was STILL trying to say he was a paratrooper AFTER he’d tried to wade in and set the record straight!
224A2748-749D-4979-B6A7-9A2E5A2FE003.jpeg

So, all in all, I’ve always been trying to fight the good fight on Wikipedia’s editing page, and elsewhere, prior to being here, on behalf of the the poor huddled masses, but mostly for the terminal lack of critical thinking but over-blessed in the salary department useless middle class arseholes who give her money every month.

Actually, it’s all the useless middle class arseholes. I’m genuinely working class, and not me, nor any of my folk, would ever, ever be stupid enough to be sucked in and give this obviously fake poor twit any of our very hard earned money.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
<grunking disclaimer>
this is one of my favourite photoshop fails. What was she trying to achieve?

IMG_1270.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I'm now imagining you being a national expert on why you can't put baby wipes down the loo or something equally bizarre. Like you got a standing ovation for a speech ending "and because of my expertise, one less residential street was full of fresh uncleaned poo wipe filled slops last June".
---

Nit shampoo? "before I bought no more nasty nits slightly burny weird smelling shampoo, I had to shave my hair to this. With no more nasty nits and its wide range of products (available in all good pharmacies) I'm free to lay on unhoovered carpets as much as I like."

Would be a nitche/niche we wouldn't have seen coming. Except me. I've seen it. I've seen it very early. Thanks. Very. Thanks. Much.
I am reliably informed that nit shampoo can be bought at other outlets for similar prices.
---
I'm sure this must have been discussed before because it's from last year, but the Wiki arguments over the dire potatoes never fails to make me chortle:

View attachment 2373469

Forever immortalised on the internet. Her mum must be so proud.
That’s me, again!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
What is tatlle? Is it nicer than here? Sounds French.

I remember going to therapy many moons ago. The lady was lovely, but I couldn't verbalise the reason for my MH issue. I was always more chronic chemical imbalance/series of compounding issues not a smaller number of more traumatic events. So I used to sit there and was not able to tell her my problem. Just fussing about talking about what a rubbish week I'd had since the last time I couldn't verbalise my problem. Which then made me think I failed at therapy even harder than I failed at happiness. Compound fails all round. In hindsight I should have tried something else because it became a bit of a doom circuit. But I'm good now so can laugh about that time of my life. Moral of the story? Try another thing until you find a good whatever it is. I wish I'd tried some sort of art therapy where I could have thrown a load of paint or clay around. Rather than hopeful talking lady. Bless her heart.
It’s by a little village called Dis Lecksia 😉😘

I really feel you with your therapy experience, and I’m so glad your good now.

Can you, or anyone here, imagine the mental luxury of Jack’s famous claim of having three therapists on speed dial?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Only 246 tickets left for the dazzling spectacle that is the one and only Jack Monroe honking yet again about bread, jam, weetabix and water, home-made coal tar bubble bath in squash bottles and missing fingers in just one hour in Edinburgh.

Come and sit with 154 other listless people, of whom 77 are there because some idiot got them a free ticket on a BOGOF without even bothering to check whether they wanted to come or not, and pretend to look interested while some bird who you’ve vaguely heard of talks shite about carabiners, glueing ring pulls to the inside of your Mulberry bags and putting stuffing mix on lasagne to save money.

May I remind you, the pubs are open.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Only 246 tickets left for the dazzling spectacle that is the one and only Jack Monroe honking yet again about bread, jam, weetabix and water, home-made coal tar bubble bath in squash bottles and missing fingers in just one hour in Edinburgh.

Come and sit with 154 other listless people, of whom 77 are there because some idiot got them a free ticket on a BOGOF without even bothering to check whether they wanted to come or not, and pretend to look interested while some bird who you’ve vaguely heard of talks shite about carabiners, glueing ring pulls to the inside of your Mulberry bags and putting stuffing mix on lasagne to save money.

May I remind you, the pubs are open.
it’s a big room, it’s going to feel empty

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I'm trying to imagine a group of us ninnies sitting there growling under our breath and giving her the Begbie stare.
What a lovely thought (just kidding guset 👋)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.