Jack Monroe #535 Sic Transit Gloria

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Jack. It can't be nice staring at a room of empty seats.

Jack will probably try to style it out by claiming trolls bought all the tickets like she did at Stroud ( spoiler - they didn't).

And anyone checking on seat availability, don't forget to empty your basket - we don't want to be giving Jack anything to support her claims of troll sabotage. Besides there may just be people who genuinely want to buy tickets Yes, it is possible, even if they have confused her with someone else.
Pah… I’ve done fringe shows to an audience of 3 🍉. It’s par for the course. 150 is no too shabby even in a large space

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I am at a photo shoot to be included in an exhibition at the opening of the new theatre/arts complex. Scarily it will be a 1.5 X 1 metre high shot of just your face, so it's going against every fibre of my body. I have yet to see a good photo of me, but we'll see what a professional can do.

They asked you to bring along something that represents yourself. I brought a hat, because I love hats.

I was musing over what Jack would bring. I came up with a gram of J1G and a begging bowl.

Any better suggestions?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96
I am at a photo shoot to be included in an exhibition at the opening of the new theatre/arts complex. Scarily it will be a 1.5 X 1 metre high shot of just your face, so it's going against every fibre of my body. I have yet to see a good photo of me, but we'll see what a professional can do.

They asked you to bring along something that represents yourself. I brought a hat, because I love hats.

I was musing over what Jack would bring. I came up with a gram of J1G and a begging bowl.

Any better suggestions?
That sounds amazing @MancBee. And terrifying. Hope it goes well!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Any better suggestions?
I hope it’s one of our tattle hats! What an amazing thing to be part of.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

Any better suggestions?
What a fab thing to do :)

I reckon Jack would bring a bookcase artfully arranged with all her books, her double doctorates, and all the awards she's won (apart from the large bronze Eagle that SB was apparently distraught about breaking).

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Any better suggestions?
I know what it definitely wouldn’t be: a photo of her son.
Id love to see your portrait, Manc Bee.
can I be very curious and ask if it’s related to a project the LGBT foundation? I know someone involved in something with them at the moment that doesn’t sound a million miles away from this.
Don’t answer if you don’t want to xx

Reactions: 22

Any better suggestions?
A fancy guest approved portrait mode for the photographer.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Pah… I’ve done fringe shows to an audience of 3 🍉. It’s par for the course. 150 is no too shabby even in a large space
Yeah 400 is actually massive for the fringe, I don’t think these midday shows are expected to sell that many, the Stand probably got the room for cool evening stuff and chucked this in at lunchtime as filler

Reactions: 23

Any better suggestions?
Facts? She loves them.

• Haha
She won't cancel, because:

a) she loves Edinburgh
b) she loves being fawned over at these things
c) public speaking is the only non grifted income source she has now and she will want to at least pretend she earns her money not just grifts it
d) Agent Adrian will probably ensure she fulfils.

That said she'll probably be late after some sort of chaos.
Also because she's had her hair cut specially

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think she could quite easily get a job, just not a particularly good nor interesting one and not one she would want to take. There are a lot of places who are desperate for employees, or don't care about how their business is represented.

I always think she looks like she’s got cling film on her head in this photo. I live the way she’s left a grey edge at the top of all her teeth too
She looks like she's shaved her hair off and doused it in talcum powder whilst it's wet.

I'm kinda confused what I'm looking at here. What's actually happened to her hair?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I would laugh if she turned up with the Orthodox Housewife wig covering up the terrible "hair by the council" hatchet job.
I wasn't around on this forum when the Old Harold relationship was unfolding and then FOLDED but assume her Orthodox HausFrau cosplay was for luring him into engagement no. 5 / 6 ? Was he an elderly jewish chap by any chance? Do we actually know who he is? I've got a knowledge gap here.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know what it definitely wouldn’t be: a photo of her son.
Id love to see your portrait, Manc Bee.
can I be very curious and ask if it’s related to a project the LGBT foundation? I know someone involved in something with them at the moment that doesn’t sound a million miles away from this.
Don’t answer if you don’t want to xx
No, it's an exhibition for the International Festival and the photos will be projected on the side of the new building, which is huge. 😳

I've picked a picture and am now regretting my choice.

I really cannot understand Jack (I know, I shouldn't even try) but she says she has so little confidence and yet posts photo after photo of herself. I just couldn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.