Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god, the woman on Sort Your Life Out that isn't Stacey Solomon just did an inventory of the food in a freezer. Guest's radiators will be a-flying off the walls.

Everyone's up her niche!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Okay this made me laugh so here's a bit of tea that shouldn't give anyone's identity away! (Yes I realise I am now just like Jack saying I'm not sticking around and then, in fact, sticking around.)

Re. DKL - Yep, Matt couldn't stand her once they started working together, but he wasn't even keen on the idea to start with. Another SK regular who is friends with Matt (but who wasn't on DKL) complained and said Jack's whole thing felt 'off', but for whatever reason the producers went ahead with the choice. It caused them a major headache - she was specifically asked to stop picking arguments on social media but ignored them. It also wound the crew up that she'd claim the show and prep was taking her ludicrous hours every day, which made them look like they were breaking all sorts of rules. Obviously it was nothing like the hours she claimed. Source said (verified on Twitter, but sent this by DM early hours of a Saturday morning so I suspect they may have regretted it!) that it was made very clear to Jack that she wasn't doing the prep she should and wasn't behaving in a professional manner but she ignored it. Their theory is that she must have known there was no chance of the production crew or Matt wanting to work with her again, but she chose to spin it as a big success on social media. In terms of industry insiders calling her out - one publisher has been speaking out against her for years after they asked her to contribute a recipe for a charity cookbook. Jack said yes then ignored all further contact, until finally the publisher got back a response along the lines of Jack's Kickstarter and Patreon excuses, e.g. please stop hassling me it's very bad for my mental health, I've had a very hard time etc. There was also some incident I don't know the details of with a BBC Good Food demo and they now won't touch her for anything live. Oh and also a photographer who worked with Jack on a few different media things said she'd have a new designer something every time they saw her and it was always 'oh a friend treated me' or 'I bought this with my book advance' etc.

Oh finally someone who Jack seems to think is her pal on Twitter used to contact me all the time about her and wanted to help me to create a podcast. It almost makes me feel bad for her when I see her interact with them.

I will obviously sell out anyone's and everyone's confidentiality if anyone can dish the truth about Dordrecht.
So, just as we suspected.
She was an absolute horror to work with, slagged off the audience and was absolutely tit at presenting.
No wonder Matt was at the end of his tether. Probably thought his career was over.

Reactions: 29
I thought this too but then remembered in our last house move I managed to lose all our birth certificates, my passport and my marriage certificate. Whoops! Send cashos?
yep. can't find my degree certificates or my birth certificate. Can find approx. 10 million old birthday cards. When I judge guest for hoarding crap, I'm a massive hypocrite.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
yep. can't find my degree certificates or my birth certificate. Can find approx. 10 million old birthday cards. When I judge guest for hoarding crap, I'm a massive hypocrite.
Are you blaming it on your assistant who has hands, your ADHD, or your smol filing cabinets getting them mixed up with all those pesky coroner reports? Or have you just accepted they're probably somewhere and you don't need to crowdfund to look for them?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Who takes kids 'on holiday' to a B&B for only one night? You're either local (in which case you take the kids to the seaside even if it means a bus or a train ride) or not, in which case you don't travel to another area for a one night holiday. Makes no sense. Maybe she was a hook up of grandpops...

But its an opportunity to showboat generosity and charity but what makes me cringe is the selectiveness of that kind of charity (not that its real cos it aint) and the 'worthiness' of the single mum with two kids. Ugh.
There's a strange pattern online where everyone who'll admit to being a landlord is putting up the most tragic and marginalised of tenants for well below the going market rates and providing them with all manner of 'free extras' but nobody online who has a landlord has ever managed to find one of these seemingly very common saints. Unsurprising that Grandad Monroe fits this perfectly: can you imagine if Jack Monroe - THE Jack Monroe! - was related to one of the bad landlords who make a profit from the Poors?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Nevermind the abomination that is the 'white sauce' she also claims a slosh of tea is a good substitute for red wine in the other layers if you don't drink alcohol as it supplies 'the tannin' ! Clearly this revelation has been eclipsed by the spunk sauce but it deserves its five minutes of fame.
I did this in a recipe for the slopalong. It was broadly fine. It didn't really provide the right depth to be honest although I was more upset about not cooking the mushrooms before adding to them to the sauce.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Hi, I just want to say thanks to those who answered my questions earlier about canal and grunk and herren & frauen - much appreciated :)

I read thread #31 months ago, must revisit, but even to this day 'am I making you feel uncomfortable' and 'as you were' still stick in my mind as being deeply creepy. Also asking for a toilet break and go fetch snacks before answering some direct questions, as if anyone can stop a person on the other side of the internet from doing exactly what she wants, and then *not* taking a break, staying several hours longer, but never answering the questions. Classic Narc swerve, guest.

I'm not sure what DKL is as I don't watch tv but in my mind it's 'Dirty Kitchen, Live' and her garden shed broadcasts are from the Grubby Shack.
I'm waaaay behind but DKL was Daily Kitchen Live, the BBC's offering to the world in the early days of covid.
All episodes are in our Wiki which is good because the BBC and Cactus Productions have nuked all trace of it out of sheer embarrassment.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Thank you! It’s very easy to mix things up after so many threads.

But at least in searching for the Emin post I came across some arse clenching vintage cringe that the newbies might enjoy.

View attachment 2284234
View attachment 2284238

Also Jack thinks every speech is a keynote.
She looks like she's been tidied away into the store room of her local comprehensive (not grammar) school and has been playing around with some of the lost property clothes whilst she's there.

Jeez.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Galton Blackiston,Jason Atherton and Theo Randall always look like they would take no prisoners in a kitchen environment.
It can't be Michel Roux because he tweeted in support of her.

Reactions: 14
For new people - I re read thread 31 a while ago and cringed myself inside out at how I tried to be kind in my responses to her. I mentioned it here at the time of re reading that I’d have a different response after so many threads but want to clarify again that I find her an insufferable grifting lying animal abusing complete and utter hole. If you read my responses on 31 imagine them much less friendly 😂
I'm glad you said that because I was feeling sickly at how some people had made heartfelt, thoughtful, painstaking outreach to the rancid grifter.

Reactions: 16
i still remember how absolutely RAGING i was on thread 31 lol, now i'd give anything to have her back for round 2

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I'd love it if the "friend" was Mom, and her promotion of Jack's begging was just a way of easing her guilt at bitching behind her back

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.