Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BIB don't. You might summon her with a recipe for smelling salts.

Really, don't. It will have ground up bits of dog hair /tit and orange peel in for sure as an aromatic base. And plenty of black pepper.

WARNED
I seem to remember radiator dried mushrooms bring a thing. They'd have to go in. Worst summoning smell spell ever

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
It's funny.
You want a chaos but then if it's a hilarious one and it's bad timing as you are working you end up trying to not look like you have a UTI because you're visiting the loo so often to catch up.
Or
If it's one where she is having a pity party you actively dislike her so much for baiting that you have to log out then grunk like hell when refreshed.
Maybe that's just me 😜
That right there is the Monrollercoaster

• Haha
Did she ever actually sell anything? Can we add "profit" to the dictionary, please?!
I'm guessing sales were low to non existent. A more competent frau may be able to find the links (I think they are archived maybe on something called 'wayback'?) Its worth a look to see how she had an idea, overestimated her skills / motivation /commitment did the fun work - eg posting about it, setting up online shop & making plans to invest the imagined vast profits without doing the solid hard work of having a craft business by making some sale quality crafts. Its quite similar to the teemill fiasco many years later. x

Reactions: 21
The giveaway for me (apart from “terrible”) was Matt’s brilliantly subtle yet deep burn of “this is all quite unorthodox” (read: “what the everloving f**k are you doing?”) while Guest was making the horse spunk lasagne.

New ninnies can behold the creation of the horse spunk lasagne from 25 minutes in:

I made a lasagne last week and the sauce didn't quite thicken as much as usual. At first I was annoyed at myself but then I realised that it still looked much better than the horse spunk abomination which really cheered me up. Thanks Jack for all you do.

I'm really enjoying all these reminders of chaoi past. My personal fave will always be the time her hips fell under a train but her (inexplicably Mediterranean) bum didn't. I still have screenshots of the diagrams some of you lovely ninnies drew to try to explain it to me, and I still cry with laughter whenever I look at them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Vlad is showing me ads for a "boomerbuggy", which looks like what we used to call an electric scooter or mobility aid. With all her ouchies, guest should crowdfund to buy herself one of these. She could put on a Viv (RIP) leather jacket and raise hell driving around the sidewalks of Southend.
What about the roundabouts tho?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I've a question.... Is there anybody out there actually still able to get on the Hellsite? She could be having a chaoi in the deepest, darkest,quietest part of t'interweb and absolutely nobody would know.........

ETA except the💫 comments Club🌟 who may not wish to waste their very limited tweet-reads on her.

You are rate limited is currently my fave phrase for guest exposure to an.. y audience!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I did this in a recipe for the slopalong. It was broadly fine. It didn't really provide the right depth to be honest although I was more upset about not cooking the mushrooms before adding to them to the sauce.
Unlike the horse spunk lasagne where to no one’s surprise, sloshing white sauce ingredients about over lentils and mushrooms and bunging them into the oven does not magically turn them into a white sauce.

Bread and Jam cufflinks
F65D3FF6-F141-4849-9367-3CF26B9090EF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
On the rare occasions I'm in a foul mood, I lighten it with a replay of Lingreenie on YouTube and I hoot with lusty abandon.

Reader, it is the absolute worst. Eamonn's stoic yet withering expression throughout the entire mess. Ruth desperately trying to make the segment work when Jack is inexplicably silent and keeps her back turned away from the camera, "explain what you're doing now, Jack". Ruth must've had the director screaming in her ear the whole time, poor thing. Then the final presentation of hard, uncooked pasta covered in lurid green slop.

The clip should've been used on Googlebox, it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television. Dire.
Along with Lozza Fox on Jeremy Vine and the Prince Andrew interview, Lingreene is my favourite viewing.

The bit I like best is when Ruth says Well done! In that voice you use when your child uses a potty.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Unlike the horse spunk lasagne where to no one’s surprise, sloshing white sauce ingredients about over lentils and mushrooms and bunging them into the oven does not magically turn them into a white sauce.

Bread and Jam cufflinks
View attachment 2285438
WTF. Very few men would wear cufflinks that say they are "cute". Talk about not understanding your target audience....

Bread and Jam cufflinks
View attachment 2285438
This absolutely baffled me the first time I saw it. Why would you want cufflinks that just look like buttons? Just get a shirt with buttoned cuffs! My dad had a few pairs of cufflinks, they were quite fancy, which I always thought was the whole point of them!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
WTF. Very few men would wear cufflinks that say they are "cute". Talk about not understanding your target audience....
I think they're intended for lesbian transgender non binary men, such as herself.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
This absolutely baffled me the first time I saw it. Why would you want cufflinks that just look like buttons? Just get a shirt with buttoned cuffs! My dad had a few pairs of cufflinks, they were quite fancy, which I always thought was the whole point of them!
It's the narc thing of if I like it, everyone likes it. She is fond of that phrase. See also expensive non vegan hat mithering

Reactions: 21
Imagine of she had of mafe it on DKL. She could be known now as the artist formerly known as guest. Also My opinion on it all is this. No one wants to be the one to tell her NO. She had made a lot of people think she is teetering on the edge and no one wants to be the one that causes her to fall. She has no shame, a decent person would withdraw, rather than let a company deal with their personal tit show. Its clear from the statement they are keeping her on the bill, but it sounds like someone has MADE this possible. A frank word in someones ear, extra cash, endless talent for years to come....the statment isnt complimentary far from it, in fact i think its rather mean. They have stated she is far from being ideal to talk about this stuff and she needs to work on her mistakes. It actually sounds a bit like they are throwing her to the dogs. Imagine putting someone out on a stage in front of a braying crowd, only to be ridiculed or are they going the route of the last festival and bascially buying their guests to ensure heckling doesn't happen. She is literally is a festival car crash.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The craft business - oh my giddy aunt. Somewhere floating about is a picture of a dress that she made which is basically a top sewn to a non-matching skirt with a random ribbon and two rows of exceptionally wavy topstitching. It. Is. Awful. Not just bad, but bleeping awful. The topstitching wanders more than my OH does when he divides his time between here and chez Maman.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.