Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also remember where I was and what I did on the sacred day of thread 31. I painstakingly, forensically detailed every last comment to my then partner who I went on to leave due to abuse - the absolute only reason I want to ever sit down in the same vicinity with him is to tell him what a collosal duck up Jack has made since we split up because he was so invested in her chaos 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
That story about the freebie for the single mum alway reads as a bit creepy to me.
And even if it’s not, it’s yet another member of her family blowing their own trumpet about what a great guy they are (see also: Big Dave).
It also makes it sound like the single Mum took her kids on holiday without a reservation or any money? Either that or she was just so obviously povvo he couldn't find it in his heart to accept any money.

Reactions: 20
As an oft brain fogged frau, I appreciate the posts from the past Marm, helps me remember little forgotten gems. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It also makes it sound like the single Mum took her kids on holiday without a reservation or any money? Either that or she was just so obviously povvo he couldn't find it in his heart to accept any money.
They saved up all year for a single night? They would be travelling both days and barely spend any time there. Sounds exaggerated/made up.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’d never seen Terrible until today. Thank(space)you very Matt much Yel and Vali, that was delicious

• Haha
Reactions: 29
OMG what is this shite. Unless you're really famous, which guest doesn't qualify as, you don't get your agent's staff to manage and screen your fan mail. The cluelessness and entitlement here are unbelievable. And don't get me started on the " 🥺 I'm so sad, pleease send me kind words and tell me how much you love me" nonsense.

Plus, if those letters were so important to guest, she would have been sure she knew where they were, no matter how many times she moved.
And surely most of the moving was during the pov? Maybe Leggy and LJC had to use them as loo roll in desperation when Jacks food made them uncontrolled SH!TTERS.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Put a big obvious sticking plaster over it and make sure it's on show at all times, but never explain why it's there.

EDIT to add I meant over the bite NOT YOUR FANNY

I am actually LITERALLY crying with laughter now. I keep re-reading it and it's as funny as the first time.

• Haha
Who takes kids 'on holiday' to a B&B for only one night? You're either local (in which case you take the kids to the seaside even if it means a bus or a train ride) or not, in which case you don't travel to another area for a one night holiday. Makes no sense. Maybe she was a hook up of grandpops...

But its an opportunity to showboat generosity and charity but what makes me cringe is the selectiveness of that kind of charity (not that its real cos it aint) and the 'worthiness' of the single mum with two kids. Ugh.

Reactions: 28
Can’t believe Captain Tom’s daughter has taken pole Position on the grifter grid from our Jackie gal.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
I might be Jack. I’ve done nothing of value at work for ages.
I got bitten by a horsefly LAST WEEK and it’s still not healed. I was going to put a picture on Twitter to ask for advice but it’s on my arm and I can’t get my fanny in shot without doing myself a mischief.

I shall run a book on what will happen first - my horsefly bite healing or a chaos.
New here so don't know if I've done this right but if it's not getting better go and see your GP or pharmacist as you may need antibiotics - horsefly bites this summer are causing dermatitis/allergic reactions. HTH thankspaceyou

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Lol the Guardian comments have LEFT but the self promoting, insufferable twit remains. What a w⚓

IMG_0657.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I’ve never actually got through thread 31 cos it’s way too cringe and I couldn’t get past guest talking about her own “sad little face”. However, I’ve been determinedly and relentlessly working my way through and so am back from the past to say LOL this one from hasn’t aged well has it? Given recent doxing courtesy of le Guest. View attachment 2285007

Secondly. Did she filter her phase on the photo to tattle. Double lol!
View attachment 2285009
That bleeping denial! What could be a more convincing way to phrase "no" than, "I can't remember if I did this very specific thing I would never, ever have done so I mustn't have done it but if I did then I'm very disappointed in myself"

She's bleeping unhinged.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Who takes kids 'on holiday' to a B&B for only one night? You're either local (in which case you take the kids to the seaside even if it means a bus or a train ride) or not, in which case you don't travel to another area for a one night holiday. Makes no sense. Maybe she was a hook up of grandpops...

But its an opportunity to showboat generosity and charity but what makes me cringe is the selectiveness of that kind of charity (not that its real cos it aint) and the 'worthiness' of the single mum with two kids. Ugh.
Sometimes you just have to admire her commitment to spouting shite. Any old shite will do.

Saved the whole year to bring her kids to Southend for the night? Sounds like someone who either doesn't exist, or could give guest a few grifting lessons.

• Haha
omg, she’s so rude! cutting matt off with “now you’ve stopped talking”, matt’s “good to know” under his breath... this man deserves a standing ovation for the way he’s suffered in guest’s proximity with all her honking 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
omg, she’s so rude! cutting matt off with “now you’ve stopped talking”, matt’s “good to know” under his breath... this man deserves a standing ovation for the way he’s suffered in guest’s proximity with all her honking 😭
She's unwatchable 😭. It's instant cringe.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Wasn’t a meet and greet/dinner/who the hell knows included as one of the top tier pledges on the infamous Kickstarter? Those who contributed a certain amount were promised they’d be invited to some kind of launch celebration?

How absolutely shocking that that never materialised, she’s normally so good at keeping her promises
---
I was looking for the cover of her KS book earlier ( side note: all her book covers are terrible) and got led to the Kickstarter page. Thirty people pledged 200 quid each for a party invite and one a̵b̵s̵o̵l̵u̵t̵e̵ ̵s̵u̵c̵k̵e̵r̵ poor deluded soul seems to have paid TWO GRAND to be cooked dinner at home. There's comments saying "there was no party" but I wonder what happened to the private dinner backer.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.