Jack Monroe #3 I got ninety nine problems, but a future TV career ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right watched it back, he definitely says terrible. But is he talking about her or the video quality? Or both? ;)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
It's extraordinary that as soon as the programme finishes, Jack runs to twitter to get through a long list of excuses explaining why it went so badly. The work should speak for itself. Many people do not have twitter, all they see is the programme, not endless updates blaming everyone but herself for a poor performance. It is so unprofessional.

Matt needs to be very careful or he will be accused of bullying next. He can be replaced, the same as Jack.

Reactions: 12
Jack really fucked up when she tried to throw a sickie. Totally left everyone in the lurch with hardly any opportunity to ship her some decent equipment at the last minute (although they could have sent her some stuff after Day One’s shitshow).

She said she had a “minor coughing bout over the weekend”. Everyone knows by now that ONE COUGHING FIT is not a reason to self-isolate 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
She reminds me in a strange way of Jess Phillips. Always has to be the centre of attention, always has to play the victim, always milks the media attention for all its worth. Both seem to think they are a bigger deal than they really are. It's just me, me, me, all the bloody time. I used to know a couple of people like that, actually, one of whom, now I come to think of it, was a lot like Jack. Nothing was ever good enough, there was always some issue with their lives, it was always someone else's fault. Bit like Rimmer from Red Dwarf. "It's not my fault, I had the wrong parents!"

Reactions: 10
BIB - from what I've heard, the pub his parents ran was frequented by a lot of BBC producer/exec types, and that's how he got his break in telly. I don't know how much of this is true, mind - this is all just stuff I've heard.
I've heard it being said countless times it was because he worked in the river cafe and was seen in a documentary filmed there. Or maybe that's not true to hide family connections?

Reactions: 9
Jack really fucked up when she tried to throw a sickie. Totally left everyone in the lurch with hardly any opportunity to ship her some decent equipment at the last minute (although they could have sent her some stuff after Day One’s shitshow).

She said she had a “minor coughing bout over the weekend”. Everyone knows by now that ONE COUGHING FIT is not a reason to self-isolate 🤣
But I’m confused. She’s been tweeting everywhere about being immunocompromised and that she shouldn’t be going out - also what has happened to her hair falling out? I haven’t seen any of this?

So the BBC were prepared to bring an immunocompromised woman into the studio with Matt to present, but apparently this slight coughing fit was the real reason she wasn’t allowed in the studio?

Literally none of this makes sense. She’s have been better off missing the coughing fit about and sticking with being immunocompromised.

Reactions: 16
It's the eye roll he does as he says terrible at her, clipped it a bit better several times and zoomed in on my crappy laptop with the free movie maker

:LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
I've heard it being said countless times it was because he worked in the river cafe and was seen in a documentary filmed there. Or maybe that's not true to hide family connections?
I've heard that too, and that might well have been the case. The thing about BBC types frequenting his parents' pub is just what I heard from someone I used to know who was a professional chef. Could very well have all been complete bowlicks, of course, but it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe the truth lies somewhere inbetween?

Reactions: 3
I remember first seeing Jamie doing a segment on Live and Kicking when he was doing the naked chef so he been around long time.

Reactions: 4
Hold on a minute!

So they evidently do a read through prior to the show airing and the script is approved. Why did Matt then have the go-ahead to talk to Jack (a recovering alcoholic don’t you know?) about gin and tonic?

Surely if she was a recovering alcoholic then these sort of lines should be nowhere near the show, and Matt should know about it so he can alter his lines accordingly? Or is it that she’s just a compulsive liar.

Reactions: 20
If she'd have actually bothered to film videos herself and learn some skills and get experience rather than just expecting to walk into a national TV show she wouldn't be making such a tit of herself.

It's good for her own sake she's on her crappy 4:3 webcam and can be cut off and ingored. Would be more of a mess in the studio
View attachment 108927
The way he cuts her off mid sentence is hilarious! Seriously though if she wants a career in television, as you say she needs to practice her delivery, which at present is awful, jiggling around, flapping her hands, pulling silly faces - an hour's session with an advisor would make her aware of these problems. But Jack knows best!

Reactions: 13
she is just awful. Full of excuses. Stories left right and centre. Getting caught now in her own tangled web.

Sometimes people have to be happy with what's them. She has had success in her books her quirkiness suits the pages and people can put them down closed if it's not them for them. To be on TV you need to be likeable. Relatable. Multiskilled. Comfortable in your skin and confident in your abilities.

None of which Jack is portrays on tv or from hiding behind her Twitter account.

Reactions: 11
Episode 2 for those that are outside of the UK or don't want to give a view

Reactions: 11
It's the eye roll he does as he says terrible at her, clipped it a bit better on my crappy laptop with the free movie maker
View attachment 108992
:LOL:
Omg incredibly well spotted, yeah he looks at someone off screen & puts his head down and whispers terrible! I assume to a mic so producers can hear, surely Jack would have heard that too as she’s wearing a headset at home...?!

Edit @Yel just seen your edit with the watermark, a woman of many talents !

• Haha
she is just awful. Full of excuses. Stories left right and centre. Getting caught now in her own tangled web.

Sometimes people have to be happy with what's them. She has had success in her books her quirkiness suits the pages and people can put them down closed if it's not them for them. To be on TV you need to be likeable. Relatable. Multiskilled. Comfortable in your skin and confident in your abilities.

None of which Jack is portrays on tv or from hiding behind her Twitter account.
Exactly, the books suit her and they do help those genuinely in need of cooking from only canned goods. The issue is with trying to become some sort of perfect celebrity chef.

Reactions: 3
In Matts defence it must be really hard for him in the studio trying to do a live show and Jack on the first day has her tv exec partner making it difficult to hear anything then on the second day the internet goes down as the partner is apparently hogging the broadband. Jack has such old tech making his life even more difficult and he's been forced to work with her. She has no professionalism about her, she is the weakest link by far. If we are struggling to hear her he sure is.

He is snippy but I get that it's his style and Jack is turning the show into a car crash. This is exactly why they should have at least tested to know what a mess it would be rather than just force her in because a gang of idiots on twitter kicked up a fuss after being instigated by Jack.
I had never warmed to Matt before on stuff I have seen him on in the past, but you know what, I quite like him on this, he is quite funny, you'd have to be in a situation like this, he is pretty much having to carry the whole show because of the technical issues and having to ad lib because its not going to plan because of said issues

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.