Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A "coven of mavens" actually has a really nice ring to it in my opinion. I'm blushing at the lovely compliment from R Jackie šŸ˜˜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Sheā€™s being rude to people on twitterabout that fasting app, saying it triggered her and shouting at people that itā€™s advertising to kids when it clearly isnā€™t, all the while not trigger warning her own posts and triggering

other people, so I cba and am not going to screenshot. Silly cow.
She is a bleeping hypocrite she posts triggering posts yet calls this app out

she has been asked what are her guidelines for posting on SM to avoid triggering

Umm she doesnā€™t have any re ED but in general

1: Sad fish
2: Itā€™s all about meeeeeee
3: Will this get me attention
4: Meeeeeeee
5: Sad fish
6: Tweet delete

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 16.52.55.png

A nice groundbreaking statement from our Dear Heart. Sick of her making obvious statements that easily yield heaps of RTs as if she's ever done anything to support the Windrush campaign (a quick Google finds nothing). I find it an absolute gall that you make statements like this while cosying up to Sarah Vine and the Goves on Twitter, hun x

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I care not about unread emails or any sort of notifications.. my phone is always covered in them.

But if a battery indicator dips below 50% then I am instantly frantic. Whether that's mine or anyone else's. My best mate used to text me screenshots of her battery on sub-10% levels just to amuse herself.
My husband has over 11,000 unread emails in his inbox (maybe heā€™s been scouted??) at any given time and every time I see that notification, my eye starts twitching........ aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhh

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Hi all, I took some time away from our JM (every time I write that it makes me think JUST ME which just about sums her up tbh) as I was finding her too intense and draining mentally.
Plus my Dr is trying to persuade me to get in touch with the mental health team, where I live you have to self refer and I physically can't ring them or talk on the phone so MH has gone right down. Whilst also awaiting special neuropsychology help. Along with my various tics and twitches deciding to play up, so I now have a cup with a lid on after far too many drinks being chucked over myselfšŸ™„šŸ¤£
Along with having a flare up of one of the many actual diagnoses I have (I'm like a vampire burning under light šŸ™„, triangulate that one Jack). Anyway I'm going to stay in this thread rather than reading much into the past ones.. I'm sure JM has more identities and side to her than a rubix cube. Gah! Love to @MrsOgre and hope you're feeling well @MancBee plus anyone else that needs it today. Right need to make a cuppa and going to read this thread.
Thank you prawny and to everyone else thinking of me too, I'm dipping in and out mainly on the ptwm threads but have been briefly over here, I see there is another new thread now but not going to see what I've missed yetšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø let me guess it's Jack being her usual wacky chaos self.
I've been prescribed antidepressants but haven't got them yet, hopefully can start tomorrow. its been a huge bonus to have a gp actually listen to me and am feeling a bit better, I've been in a terrible state lately and realised it's the best thing to back off from Jack for a bit. Can't get talking therapy yet, they won't do telephone counselling with me as my ptsd is so complex but hoping medication will help in the meantime.
I'm going to try and catch up soon but I'm not pressuring myself to do so.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
It took 3 friends and myself 2 days to make some of these delicious dolmas, bleeding fiddly work. As they are homemade they may look rather wonky though šŸ˜‰ I wish you all a lovely weekend and thank you so much you lovely hausfrau cabal. I need to step away for a few days, just to recharge my batteries. Please do tuck in.
soupie2.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 52
We are the same person! I wanted to add a print screen of my iPhone homepage chaos to disturb our organised frau but unfortunately my background is our wedding photo so Jack would be down that A13 before you can say leather interior Land Rover, so highlights of my red blobs:
* work folder 5.7k
* personal email 29.4k
* messages 164
* Instagram 7
* calls 98
* money folder just 1, from Monzo!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Does she always have to be so over-dramatic about everything?!

View attachment 190943
What is it with this infantilised way of speaking? Jack does it, this follower does it ā€œmakes me so tearsā€ the friend Iā€™ve mentioned here before (my Jack IRL) does it - she posted something the other day which said ā€œwe done chatteringā€ - it makes me itch

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
She added that last bit in! Hiya, Jack! Or should I say Chaz (speculation)?

Mavens? This is a new word although I'm not sure if she knows what it means...

Wikipedia says: "A maven (also mavin) is a trusted expert in a particular field, who seeks to pass timely and relevant knowledge on to others in the respective field."

Does that mean we're trusted experts in the field of Slopology? I suppose she knows that deep down, we know her true colours a lot better than her Jackolite fans.

Moreover, if it's not a subtweet, why did you choose a quote about a partner leaving? #SheLeft
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Love that she called us mavens. I hope it was an autocorrect and sheā€™s annoyed to have called us that!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What is it with this infantilised way of speaking? Jack does it, this follower does it ā€œmakes me so tearsā€ the friend Iā€™ve mentioned here before (my Jack IRL) does it - she posted something the other day which said ā€œwe done chatteringā€ - it makes me itch
I think people find comfort in infantilising themselves, it's both a regression to a simpler time and also a product of a capitalist society which babies us in order to make us feel that we are in need of more stuff to evoke that sense of bliss last experienced in the womb. You've only got to look at Innocent smoothies with their stupid wooly hat campaign, or the utterly ridiculous signage in the bathrooms of Virgin trains about not "flushing your ex's sweater or your hopes and dreams" down the toilet to see that we're being coddled into finking we are wickle and helpless.

If I was being charitable, I'd say Jack's self-infantilisation is a product of feeling rejected as a child because other children were brought into her home and demanded attention. This is perhaps evidenced by her definite mummy type - Louisa and Allegra both had that vibe IMO.

However I think the real answer is more that it's a strategy to throw her followers off her constant lies and manipulation. "oh no, poor baby Jack, she wouldn't harm a fly". When really she's Black Phillip.

ETA: (babies us? babys us? I have no idea anymore. Time to open the wine.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Thank you prawny and to everyone else thinking of me too, I'm dipping in and out mainly on the ptwm threads but have been briefly over here, I see there is another new thread now but not going to see what I've missed yetšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø let me guess it's Jack being her usual wacky chaos self.
I've been prescribed antidepressants but haven't got them yet, hopefully can start tomorrow. its been a huge bonus to have a gp actually listen to me and am feeling a bit better, I've been in a terrible state lately and realised it's the best thing to back off from Jack for a bit. Can't get talking therapy yet, they won't do telephone counselling with me as my ptsd is so complex but hoping medication will help in the meantime.
I'm going to try and catch up soon but I'm not pressuring myself to do so.

Take it easy and dont push yourself too hard @MrsOgre , I know that's easier said than done. With regards to meds if you have a fave sweet or something I always found having one a day after taking mine as a sort of rewarding myself for taking them and doing well. Also it's an excuse to treat yourself to something that is solely yours only. Hopefully it doesn't sound patronising when I say that you're doing fab for as far as you've got. (Hopefully that makes sense) Always an ear even if it's just to say, yes buy yourself those nice biscuits.

In other news JM always reminds me of my OH ex wife, which always makes me feel a little sad when I see how it's played out in real life. Plus why can't JM just make a normal cheese sandwich (other varieties are available) without turning it into some crazy recipe maverick thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Agreed!! Itā€™s pathetic. Itā€™s like something that kids do in a playground. Worryingly, it seems to be becomingly broadly popular. At the expense of sounding like miserable old git, it does seem to be a collective and wilful dumbing down of society.

Reactions: 21
I have been on an Adam Buxton podcast binge today and am half way through the one with Joe about Ad's Mum.

I can't bear to hear him cry. Isn't it funny how you grow up watching people and listening to them so much that they kinda become like family? Genuine emotion gets me every time

I've got a date with big plate of pasta so will check back with Jackie's antics later!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Mother and daughter both guilt-tripping each other......
Yep, I take back my earlier post when I said it looked like good natured banter.

Also, I had some Irregular Choice shoes and I sold them on eBay.

<whispers> they were the most uncomfortable things I have ever put on my feet. Like walking on knives. I didnā€™t even make it out of the house in them.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It took 3 friends and myself 2 days to make some of these delicious dolmas, bleeding fiddly work. As they are homemade they may look rather wonky though šŸ˜‰ I wish you all a lovely weekend and thank you so much you lovely hausfrau cabal. I need to step away for a few days, just to recharge my batteries. Please do tuck in. View attachment 191298
funky fork, I like it. FANCY

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Her mum's reply as well though about watching her friend's funeral and feeling sad....it just strikes me as so odd. Unless Jack ignores her messages like she does emails. Everything about it just seems so... odd and off.
Do you think she gets the sad fishing from her mum?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.