Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Yes, I agree - repeatedly bragging about how she’s always told she is “too pretty to be poor”, “too pretty to be gay”, “too pretty to be a Guardian columnist.” It’s not about her looks, it’s the way she stereotypes others. If she is “too pretty to be poor” is a poor person ugly? It’s like how she likes to emphasise that she wasn’t one of those “Jeremy Kyle” poor people

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Foxvint

VIP Member
I think the diversity of the crowd point is just gently mocking the fact that she thinks she's Queerio Queen Leader of the Oppressed when her fans are always 50+ white people who look like they got lost on the way to the tea shop at a National Trust site.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
My office is right in the middle of the Fringe area, and every time I see one of those stupid headphony silent disco tribes girating under my window, I long for a pot of boiling oil. Gardez lou!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I generally agree re comments re appearance but Guest distorts her images and words and you are left wondering what is real.
I mean Shrunken head - how can you not comment? It was truly bizarre. As a species we do notice and point out the stuff that doesn't look right, like the filthy nails when she is kneading dough or a collapsing nose. I think in the beginning we tried not to mention her appearance too much. The nails were noticed from early on, she had filthy nails in 2020 but also in photos from years before. It's clearly an ongoing problem. The one I should feel guilty about is veiny cock hands. We did that a few times in 2020. She probably can't help that unless the smoking and drugs cause that. I've tried not to mention them for a while. To Guest, I will apologise for that. Not the coke nose though, she knows what happens if you play with fire. But then there are the urban decay black eye pic, thot shots and the black fishing images. Or the shots where she makes herself look thinner. Those are harmful, deceitful images. I think it's OK to question their integrity and joke about the ludicrous aspects. Perhaps the worst ones are where she looks ill (possibly fake) but is canoodling that poor emaciated kitten. They are sickening pics. She is exuding narc glee and fragility (calculated) whilst abusing and manipulating an extremely ill baby. Just so she can manipulate more money from followers. Saying she smells might be a little unfair but she does have filthy habits, again the nails but also the dirty rooms, the filthy kitchen on national TV. We know she spends hours socking it online Somo time to clean. Her deceased rabbit's accommodation was filthy, no indication of it being cleaned regularly. Her video sorting out the junk room, the clutter pics etc etc. This is not someone who cleans regularly be it her house or herself. The dog with matted fur, the possible cat sick in one picture. The filthy spoon drawer (sorry Mancbee). I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest hygiene is poor. And when somebody is constantly blotto on drink and drugs, are they really brushing their teeth or showering on the regular? Of course that brings me to her teeth. She probably can't help them but again what role do drink and drugs play? She certainly has gingivitis and the number one cause after smoking is poor dental hygiene. The woman can't look after herself, she certainly should not have sole care for any animals or children. We said it back in 2020, she needs help, from a proper organisation for her actual issues, not pretend alcoholism. A little wholesome living wouldn't hurt her.
Come on Guest, time to address your narc issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

MoistenedGussets

Chatty Member
You could say her whole 'career' was an accidental by product.of her manipulation.

Got pregnant.
Wanted to shift shifts to the ones she wanted.
Didn't get them so threatened to quit.
Made a show of handing in resignation.thinking the service would cave, don't they know who her dad is?..
Fire service accepted resignation and all the pleading poverty etc is tantrum and making a show of her dad and herself.

It's always stunk like a toddler not getting their own way.

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
‘standing next to a speaker three times at tall as i am!’

tell me you’ve never been to a ‘rave’ without telling me etc

• Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Apart from the “j1g“ message, I honestly don’t think she is on ❄ all the time, or at all.

This is just mithering speculation, but I think she just comes across that way because she’s a dull narc who‘s completely fascinated with herself.

I think the reason she doesn’t ever address or deny the speculation is because in her mind, “drugs rumours” make her seem like a proper celebrity and “edgy”, so she doesn’t mind.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Woah woah woah lets not denigrate Dr Dr Jack Monroe's academic achievements, book tokens and all.
Xanthe Clay coming in hot with the understatement of all time.

IMG_9266.jpeg

Jack Monroe, perpetually, peripatetically, psephologically and perpendicularly unable to reascend to the lofty heights of “early promise” of a £5 book token prize at age 11.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Oh, I wasn't saying this was evidence of good intentions. It's things someone would tell themselves if they were convincing themselves that they had good intentions.
We were talking about having a good heart, and the right intentions!
At some point you have to say, Jack this is the 38th month of Patreon and you only sent postcards out once. You’ve also rattled your PayPal to fix your website and fund a court case. You didn’t. Stop saying you‘re going to do something with money, taking money, then not doing the thing.
---
The Hattenstone thing is interesting
She has a wierd habit of becoming very overly familiar with people she meets professionally. We've seen it a few times - Matt, Marcus, Martin Lewis, Kit de Waal - I'm sure there are others.
So in this interview with Shattenstone, which lasted many hours, she turns on her dubious charms, shows off terribly saying outrageous things to impress him, and likes to think they have a special and unique bond. So any justified criticism of the interview (and as you say which could've been a marvellous get out clause for her) she gets all 'Ackshully you wouldn't understand, I now consider Simon a dear friend'. I don't think her ego would accept he didn't fall for her smol quirky strangely attractive ways, and just viewed her dispassionately as a not terribly interesting bullshitting person he was paid to interview.
She was trying to lovebomb/hoover him in. Her defence of him was an extension of that.

ItchOfTheWestCoast

What if she gets back with her ex and THERE'S A WEDDING.

SORRY FOR SHOUTING.

Wedding Jack would be amazing. Roll her down the aisle on a sideboard. Content as a ring bearer doing a jobbie in the church. Something in the vows about how she's still 100% gay. SB only invited for the photos. Big Dave firing pumbles from his cannon. E upsetting everyone at the reception with her potatoes.

Got carried away there.

• Haha
  • Wow

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
I agree that no one should berate for her natural appearance (she is/was conventionally attractive, but that is irrelevant to what type of person she is). I think once Jack starts playing with fillers and botox, then lying about it, she leaves her self open - Pringles, for fucks sake.

I do think if Jamie Oliver prepared food with dirty hands he would get an equal kicking.
I think that if Jamie Oliver was online posting facetuned thirst shots all over social media, pretending he looks like either a chiselled hot version of himself or a weird blur or a shrunken head, people might notice and point out that actually he looks nothing like what he’s pretending to. And if he confessed to spending people’s donated money on booze and trammies, people would probably point out if he looked a bit unwell and run down. I appreciate the concern about misogyny, but in this case I don’t think that’s motivating the criticism or the piss-taking - I really do think that a man who did everything that Jack does would be mocked for the same reasons that Jack is mocked.

edit - and having recently visited the PS threads for the first time, he gets plenty of negative comments about his looks too - thin lips, dead eyes, collapsing nose, general haggardness, etc., etc. - so that type of comment isn’t just confined to the female figures who have threads on here.

• Heart

SusieTCones

VIP Member
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I’ve only just noticed—

E5DF8778-3BD5-4688-AC85-08BAE2AA86AD.jpeg

Does this mean she has given up blogging?
And how special is she that Jack is an author AND a writer?
It feels like that “etc.” is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

Foxvint

VIP Member
Cringing myself inside out here. Imagine being thirty five years old and someone’s mother and posting this on the internet. 🫠
She's really given up all pretence of him living with her. Any mum can have a night out of course but if you're working bank hol you'd imagine you'd be doing something with them at the weekend. There's never a dickie bird about any activities with him. It's the Just Jack show everytime. I hope to god he's not on twitter.

• Sad
  • Heart

WoolyMammoth

VIP Member
Exactly!

and as a Frau who was growing up down the road from Jack, and who actually was deprived of opportunity due to class status and access to capital etc., it just boggles my mind that she is the way she is. Yeah I was jealous of the kids from comfortable families, the girls who got to have ballet and music lessons, of course I was. There were lots of things I couldn’t have, and various reasons for not being able to have them, but the main reason was no money. But I was also aware that plenty of my mates were having a worse time than I was. My parents were together, Dad’s work was low paid but the roof over our head was largely secure; there was some serious illness in our family which was a constant source of stress and misery; and my parents did hit us (they thought it was normal then, they know it’s not now) but they didn’t beat us or abuse us like some of my friends’ parents were doing to them. We always got something for Christmas and birthdays, and that wasn’t true for all my mates. We didn’t have really nice food (except for when Grandad would come round with his Leigh treats, the cakes and shrimps!) but we always had some food, even if it was just something Ma had scraped together out of cupboard bits and flour - and there were times we had a couple of my schoolmates round for tea regularly, even though they weren’t actually my schoolfriends, specifically because Ma knew they weren’t getting fed at home at the time and wanted to make sure they had something. I always had a library card because it was free, so I always had books around. Not everyone had that, and some of my primary schoolmates thought I must be really clever simply because they knew I read books at home, and they didn’t.

So ever since I was in primary school I’ve always known I was lucky, even when I was sewing my own sock holes up (that’s prob a bit four Yorkshireman but it’s true 😂). I’ve always been grateful to my mum and dad for doing what they could. If they knew more, if they had more, they would have done more. But, they did what they could; and although I’ll always be a bit sad I didn’t get opportunities when I was younger, and although I’ll always be a tiny bit jealous of the people whose parents were always in a position to support them, I’ll also never forget that I’m actually one of the lucky ones - so I’ll always do stuff to help other people where I can. So I struggle to understand how Jack didn’t recognise her immense relative privilege and - if she really wanted to help people - why she didn’t make genuine efforts to capitalise upon it to do the things she said she wanted to do. I think it comes back to what Frauen have previously noted about her wanting to be famous for anything she could be famous for, and the poverty stuff was the only thing she got any traction with. Just goes to show what a massive great charade it all is.
It's the springboard effect isn't it? Whatever stage your parents get to, you are familiar with and can achieve because you know what sort of things that lifestyle involves. Then maybe if you learn along the way, get the right contacts and education (formal or more informal knowledge) you can edge yourself further. If your mum was a teacher, you have enough social capital and access to education to get to be a doctor, grades allowing. If your parents had low paid jobs, you have enough experience of teaching and learning to be a teacher. Or similar.

If your grandad had a million pounds worth of assets when he died, you have the awareness, and experience of abundance, if you choose to open your eyes, of how to be successful. If you choose not to be, that's on you. If you start your life lazy and keep going, with those opportunities, that's on you. If you feel hard done by because you don't have more than you can be bothered to get, that's on you.

I feel sorry for anyone at the bottom of the rung, who hasn't got experience of people working, or being academic, or being successful, or trying hard at something and being committed to it (whatever it is). Poverty of opportunity is as damaging if not more damaging long term than financial poverty. Those kids have an uphill struggle to learn that stuff whilst still at school, to leave school with the platform they need for a continuing constant uphill struggle to do well. If you haven't done reasonably OK by 16, you've missed the first and most straightforward way to get what you want. Yet how can a 10 or 12 yr old who's parents don't try, hope to analyse and overcome that social hurdle entirely and meet their peers by 16? It happens but the amount they have to do to get there is staggering. My parents didn't have the best jobs but they always valued education and being intelligent and thinking. So that road to 16 was fairly smooth for me. Beyond that we didn't have experience of uni but I was half way there by then. You can't underestimate the value of having these silent opportunities. Just like Lucy with her library card. Having a library card if you don't have the money to buy lots of books tells you a lot more than the item itself.

• Heart