Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
To continue from the previous thread, I think she is delusional and has a view of herself completely distorted from the reality. She’s convinced herself she lived in poverty, convinced herself that her backstory is all entirely true and convinced herself she’s this excellent maverick cook.

I believe when she sets up things like the kickstarter, the Patreon and even the Sue Lee fiasco, she genuinely thinks she’s going to deliver what she’s promised even though anyone else can easily see she won’t. (this doesn’t excuse that she doesn’t in any way)

I believe she believed she was moving and all the delaying now is because it was never going to happen in reality.

Consequently I think she saw the Shattenstone article as a lovely one written by her mate.

If she hadn’t, she’d have gone hard on how he’d taken advantage of her when the lecturer and others, entirely rightly, pointed out the issues with the setting for most of it. She was gifted an out, an opportunity to say she’d been put in an awful situation and then had her words twisted that Shattenstone and the Guardian would have found very hard to deny or deflect from - and she didn’t, because she genuinely thought that article made her look great.

Something is very, very off with the way she views everything and I think it’s getting worse as time goes on.
This is such a thoughtful and insightful point. She might well believe her own nonsense, but I don’t think her intentions are good, we’ve seen how many times she’s been disingenuous.

Reactions: 59

Foxvint

VIP Member
This (imaginary) mate is quoting a well known meme. God she's gonna be extra horrendous as she gets older. 1 of those sad Mrs Robinson types always trying to compete with the gorgeous young girls. Im always a bit loathe to say she's off her tits cos who can truly know but - she's off her tits. The announcing of utterly ordinary shit as if it's some massive inspirational insight is a dead giveaway.

• Haha

NellieBoo

VIP Member
Well, I *was* going to get a load of decorating done today, but it would appear that I am not.

Sorry, son1, you're living in the garage for another week. :ROFLMAO:
She always, always does this when I've planned to shampoo my lounge carpet. So I feel this may be my fault.

• Haha

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
I personally think guest is a bully, whether she's doing it herself or directing her comments club gang to do the dirty work for her. She has said some extremely mean things to people on twitter, so if others take a pop at her, well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Honk. The End.

• Haha

Ablemabel

VIP Member
I personally don’t think she started with honest intentions, she wanted to be famous, loved and adored. Just so happens that the budget cooking/ hungry post is what stuck.
I don’t know if all these things are true or it’s just rumours etc but didn’t she aggressively send out her Hunger Hurts blog to multiple newspapers or something? We’ve seen her ’talent profile’ on a website ( sorry can’t remember the name) and there is a rumour she went on X factor (tho never seen evidence of this so again not sure if true)
I think her plan was to be famous: no matter what.
Anyway what do I know I’m merely a ‘umble tattler…. I just don’t like her and all she stands for.
Babe, same x

IMO she's just a narc manipulator. It's all to service her own needs, whatever bandwagon of the day it happens to be. Hence zero support for Full Time Meals. Even if it were true that her ideas were stolen (as if), be the better person. Support it. It's apparently your thing.

• Heart

Limey

VIP Member
What a diverse audience! Weird how edgy/cool Jack never actually goes anywhere edge or cool, just spends her time selling her schtick to gullible middle class pensioners.

• Haha
  • Heart

streby

Chatty Member
Yes, it's interesting that this anti-poverty campaigner (especially one with a child) never talks about access to opportunity. There's no talk of things people can actually do to help themselves or the next generation out of poverty or of how the rest of society might help with that, just advice on how to wash the cheapest hoops. Jack's brand involves an acceptance of the inevitability of poverty, and it's not because she's worried that any focus on enabling people to use their own abilities might make it seem like the poor are feckless wasters, because what she does do is tell the general public that food should cost no more than £20 per family per week and that a recipe book with the word "thrifty" in the title is the most best help you can give to foodbank users. Similarly she has all these conditions but never discusses accessibility issues and the hidden costs of being disabled, or the importance of being able to get a timely diagnosis to help access help for those costs.

The VBI's a good example of Jack's priorites, actually. It would be evidence of how the poor are more affected by inflation (as if we didn't already know that) and a first step rather than an end goal. As it stands this (actually non-existent) index is touted as somehow in and of itself helping the poor. "Oh, Jack proved that inflation hurts the poor. She's basically ended poverty single-handedly now, let's all clap for all the good she does!" It's about getting her name out there not about helping anyone. She can talk about "feeding people" all she wants but who doesn't realilse that even if you fed every poor person decent food they'd still be poor and their problems would be far from over?

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Emmapism

VIP Member
Lads, I apologise for posting another oldie but I'm very busy researching and have just rediscovered an absolute gem which I need to share. It's a very rarely seen vintage post.

I WAS NOT KIDDING WHEN I SAID SUMMERTIME JACK IS THE BEST JACK.

(2020)

View attachment 2203906
View attachment 2203907
No Jack. You know what the carefully placed text is? An attempt to disguise the fact you've photoshopped your waist. What gives it away is the chair bending inwards around your stomach. HTH!

• Haha
  • Heart

MistyWindows

VIP Member
Can’t we just count how many troll tickets we’ve bought between us?
Oooh counting! I’ve bought none.
I got -3.

I ended up waiting in traffic next to a guy having a shit against a bin earlier and I’d rather watch that again than a Jack talk tbh.

• Haha
  • Wow

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Love Life Beyond My Wildest Dreams Jack because we can expect a mega chaos followed by Dark Place Jack very very soon. It usually takes about 15 minutes on Twitter but since she’s BUSY and likely enjoying her free hotel tonight, we might need to wait until tomorrow. Tuesday night chaos anyone?

• Haha

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
Too pretty to be poor/gay/whatever always makes me laugh. She's certainly not too pretty to be as thick as mince.

• Haha
Imagine for a moment the full insanity of boasting about not having bothered to go to bed before a work engagement. On a public platform where it’s likely to be seen by the people who’ve hired you. I cannot 🙈

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

houseofhoop

VIP Member
I try not to comment on her looks. She's marketed herself as a 'literal food expert' and regularly shows herself prepping food with dirty nails. That's just gross and anyone else doing it would be called out too.

Anyway the whole kitten thing made me void of any sympathy for her.
Same I also try not to comment on appearance…. UNLESS, she is out there obviously fishing for compliments… such as the classic ‘you’re too pretty to be poor’ then I have no qualms. Sorry if that’s unpopular, I have no time for false modesty.

• Heart
Reactions: 57