Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The canal is waaaay more diverse than her audience with lots of participants from the demographic she claims to represent. We don't need false messiahs and spokespeople ta luv.
I have a messiah and it’s @Marmalade Atkins 🤍

But seriously, I don’t make assumptions about the audience at these things being out of touch idiots because they appear to be older women, I make assumptions because they’re Jack’s fans💁🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm an outlier. I'm right handed and wear my watch on my right wrist (🍉). I don't know why I do this, I just always have. But it's unusual enough that it's been commented on a number of times.
Am I strange that when I'm at work I wear it on my left wrist and when I'm off I wear it on my right? 😳

Edit: I am right handed

• Wow
Reactions: 12
On their middle class pat on the back “Awh look at the those poor little uttersnipes” tour. Stopping off for refreshments but being sure to scream at every minimum wage hospitality worker they come across.
Yes! I get that the combo of ageism and misogyny that I wish there was a specific term for is an odious thing but anyone who has worked in customer service all their life will tell you the worst rudest customers are middle aged women 50-70. The entitlement is off the scale. Spoken as a woman hurtling into the lower bit of that bracket myself.
---
She's found her Instagram password!View attachment 2202955
Mustn't have had her Big Gay Eyes in
when she fell on all that cock.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Yes! I get that the very specific combo of ageism and misogyny that I wish there was a specific term for is an odious thing but anyone who has worked in customer service all their life will tell you the worst rudest customers are middle aged women 50-70. The entitlement is off the scale. Spoken as a woman hurtling into the lower bit of that bracket myself.
Mrs @stunrw would agree with you on that one especially. Shes not even customer facing where she works but unfortunately has to be in the same space sometimes. And shes said exactly what you just have. Except with more swearing

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Am I strange that when I'm at work I wear it on my left wrist and when I'm off I wear it on my right? 😳

Edit: I am right handed
Yeah you are odd, nevermind.
It was all about being able to wind the watch when on the wrist, or alter the time in the field.
If the crown's pointing up the arm that is fiddly to do.
Bullhead watches are a whole other thing

Eta, Jack's a dick

Reactions: 13
Yes! I get that the combo of ageism and misogyny that I wish there was a specific term for is an odious thing but anyone who has worked in customer service all their life will tell you the worst rudest customers are middle aged women 50-70. The entitlement is off the scale.
Not that it’s an anyway a justification but they are literally sick of everyone’s tit by that point of their lives and just want to crack on…

However - It’s never right to be rude to people x

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Back in the days when I used to wear a watch I would wear it on my right wrist even though I'm right-handed because it felt uncomfortable and distracting on my left. Then I'd have to take it off if I was writing a lot because it got in the way.

Unless the image has been reversed Jack's wearing hers on the 'wrong' hand to invite attention. I know she's not left-handed or she'd have mention it as another reason she's special/different/discriminated against.

My mother was a post-war baby who was left-handed and actually had her left hand tied to her belt at primary school to stop her writing with it. How cruel to do this to a child. She was pretty much ambidextrous in later life, and reverted back to using her left as her dominant hand although she did feel like a minority in a world of right-handers.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Not that it’s an anyway a justification but they are literally sick of everyone’s tit by that point of their lives and just want to crack on…

So am I mate but if I spoke to anyone the way I get spoken to all day by them I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. There's good reasons for the Karen memes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Yes! I get that the combo of ageism and misogyny that I wish there was a specific term for is an odious thing but anyone who has worked in customer service all their life will tell you the worst rudest customers are middle aged women 50-70. The entitlement is off the scale. Spoken as a woman hurtling into the lower bit of that bracket myself.
---

Mustn't have had her Big Gay Eyes in
when she fell on all that cock.
Oh my god YES.

The way I’ve been spoken to by that demographic at work is honestly ridiculous. I could tell some stories, but my personal favourite was the time a very posh white woman roughly that age cornered me and ranted for (and I’m not exaggerating) TWENTY MINUTES about how she felt discriminated against and ‘wouldn’t stand for it anymore’ because we only had one choice of gluten free cake. An hour before closing on a busy Saturday 🤦🏻‍♀️
Plus as @stunrw said they always want to talk to the manager because they think a young woman is too thick to sort it out. As soon as someone older (and preferable a male) comes along they’re happy as Larry and sweet as candy.

ANYWAY Cack mate, you look rough. Have some water and go to bed.
---

There’s a difference between not being up for chatting and being a rude arse though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Just catching up so apologies if someone else has pointed this out but if I saw this post as one of the organisers of the Hays festival, I’d be livid that a paid speaker was out raving until 3am the night before she was due to speak. Sober or not, less than three hours sleep is not conducive to a good talk. FFS, what an absolute amateur.

Has Adrian let her off the leash or has she slipped her collar? Toot toot!

Reactions: 34
So am I mate but if I spoke to anyone the way I get spoken to all day by them I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. There's good reasons for the Karen memes.
I agree - like I say just a light hearted comment & absolutely no right to speak with people that way x

Reactions: 14
Saw this on my travels over the weekend. Do we have Art Jack on the list? Has she been softly, gently advising Turner Prize-winning artists behind the scenes?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I waited tables for quite a few years when I was younger 🍉 and in Southend at least the worst demographic for diners was men in that age bracket, usually dining with their families - and often bullying the waiting staff simply because they had to be bullying someone at any given moment, and it wasn’t the done thing to bully your wife and kids in public. Well, not for most of them. There were some memorable exceptions 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Oh my god YES.

The way I’ve been spoken to by that demographic at work is honestly ridiculous. I could tell some stories, but my personal favourite was the time a very posh white woman roughly that age cornered me and ranted for (and I’m not exaggerating) TWENTY MINUTES about how she felt discriminated against and ‘wouldn’t stand for it anymore’ because we only had one choice of gluten free cake. An hour before closing on a busy Saturday 🤦🏻‍♀️
Plus as @stunrw said they always want to talk to the manager because they think a young woman is too thick to sort it out. As soon as someone older (and preferable a male) comes along they’re happy as Larry and sweet as candy.

ANYWAY Cack mate, you look rough. Have some water and go to bed.
---

There’s a difference between not being up for chatting and being a rude arse though.
Sounds similar to the horror stories she comes home from work with.

Unfortunately (for them) she is fairly bitey on a good day but lets them enough rope to hang themselves. Then she pounces. And she maintains its got worse since lockdown!

Im lucky at work that our “customers” remain the same whatever 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You picked up on it too…..closed off, not looking at the interviewer despite his body position being open and trying to make eye contact etc.

Is she left or right handed?
I guess she has to promote it because of contractual obligations, but knows full well it's s*ite.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.