Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s been a really chaos-y couple of weeks hasn’t it?!
She’ll brazen it out (ie ignore) Sue Lee Day but she has another CCJ coming doesn’t she?
Her last book flopped and I reckon TT will no longer “work” with her anymore - as a charity they have to do due diligence and the H&S
warning they had to give with the books was a bit of a fiasco-o
So bit by bit it will fall away
She does seem to be made of Teflon but it won’t last forever …

Reactions: 38
Let’s all take a minute to think about the pain and injustice Jack decided she experienced when she was called the N word, despite having no known African-Caribbean heritage. Truly humbling.
I really did think that claim was so offensive, because she was obviously never called that word, and it's so sly, using a word that has been used to oppress and insult Black people and therefore sneakily align herself with the systemic racism experienced by people of colour.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I really did think that claim was so offensive, because she was obviously never called that word, and it's so sly, using a word that has been used to oppress and insult Black people and therefore sneakily align herself with the systemic racism experienced by people of colour.
She knew what she was doing with the blackfishing selfies, she was all "I know what you're going to say, well it's not cultural appropriation, braids are traditional for Greek people!!!11" ignoring her very obvious heavy tan. And then the time she tried to imply she'd been racially profiled

Although I would not be surprised if she tries to pull some form of Black ancestry out of her anus, she collects identities like Pokemon cards

• Sad
Reactions: 59
I think we all know by now there is no oppressed identity our Foghorn Beghorn won’t appropriate for attention and £££…..utterly shameless!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I suspect she over promised in order to encourage the maximum possible number of people to subscribe at higher tiers. As I think @heretoreaditall2019 has hypothesised, she probably has a greater proportion of higher tier subs that one might expect from a content creator who claims that their work is aimed at lower earning people.
In the kindest interpretation, she didn't think it through and had no clue how hard it would be to deliver all those physical tiers. Even so, she should absolutely have stopped them and gone down to something that was possible much MUCH sooner. I guess she was just enjoying the cash too much.

Reactions: 37
In the kindest interpretation, she didn't think it through and had no clue how hard it would be to deliver all those physical tiers. Even so, she should absolutely have stopped them and gone down to something that was possible much MUCH sooner. I guess she was just enjoying the cash too much.
All she could see was the pennies

Thats all that motivates her

Edit: 🥕 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Someone very early on described her as 'Beggy Mitchell' and I like it so much I now try to incorporate it into day to day conversation wherever appropriate
Was half-hoping the 30p Lee thing would materialise so we could use Beggy Sue

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I wouldn't say Jack is Teflon coated at all. She has as many public figures rushing to her defense as has Phillip Schofield - none! Sadly she hasn't been named in MPQs yet, but you never know :LOL:

Most months she gains about 5-10 new Patreon subscribers after the new month drop off. This month she's gained 1.

Quite likely there'll be another big drop off next week.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 13.23.53.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
Here's a selection of public updates from the Kickstarter for those who haven't seen. You can peruse it as much as you like here (Cooking on a Bootstrap Kickstarter page).

Also lol, forgot she said her Nan was her copy editor, and she uses 'ordinary people' to test her recipes.

When you see these posts all laid out like this next to each other it has quite the impact, doesn't it? Imagine if someone collated all of this and put it on Twitter. It's all your own words Jack, all your own doing.

• Wow
Reactions: 54
When you see these posts all laid out like this next to each other it has quite the impact, doesn't it? Imagine if someone collated all of this and put it on Twitter. It's all your own words Jack, all your own doing.
But that would be *checks notes* bullying or some tit like that

Reactions: 34
Schofield: goes for much younger partners, spent years trying to pretend he wasn't gay

Jack: goes for much older partners (cuz they've got money), spent years trying to pretend she was gay

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 84
Just goes to show how warped she actually is to even think of making something like that up. Not to mention then typing out the full word, without even a courtesy asterisk, in her fictional account.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Ainsley Harriet grew up in Balham south London which admittedly wouldn’t have been as posh as it is now when he was young but it was still a “ nice” area . His dad was a well respected musician who ended up working for a tv company , and owned a restaurant.his mum was a nurse . Yes he trained as a chef ( while doing his comedy on the side ) but I think it’s fair to say his background helped him get into the tv chef/food celebrity role.

Like Jack, he has also dabbled in being on screen in a non food capacity , although he looked much better in his Red Dwarf role than Jack did in her blink and you will miss it poundshop Ruby Rose music video cameo
View attachment 2192721
oooh I didn’t know any of that! thank you 😊

I think I need to watch Red Dwarf over the weekend, it’s been a while, and I’m going to need a laugh … anyway I will still remain fond of Ainsley even if he didn’t have to claw his way up from absolutely nothing like I’d thought, he did still put in a lot of effort and he was always fun to watch. That’s how you get people interested in cooking, Jack - make some effort to make it fun! Don’t make it … well … don’t make it lingreenie.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I started to mither about the height difference between the smol scammer and Philth (5’11) and Holly (5’8 clearly wearing heels) in that picture but to be honest I lost the will to live before properly finishing my thoughts. Conclusion: is she duck 5’1(.7).

• Haha
Reactions: 33
oooh I didn’t know any of that! thank you 😊

I think I need to watch Red Dwarf over the weekend, it’s been a while, and I’m going to need a laugh … anyway I will still remain fond of Ainsley even if he didn’t have to claw his way up from absolutely nothing like I’d thought, he did still put in a lot of effort and he was always fun to watch. That’s how you get people interested in cooking, Jack - make some effort to make it fun! Don’t make it … well … don’t make it lingreenie.
Ainsley definitely looked better than Jack when he was in Red Dwarf……

Edit: Guest starring Jack Monroe as Spare Head 3

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.