Jack Monroe #486 Things like carrots and onions are widely sold in many other places for similar prices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t get over just what ridiculous bullshit this pigs head is. It’s almost like it’s been cooked up for our entertainment (badly cooked, of course).

You’re very ill and worried about your health which is impacting your day to day life to the extent that you can’t perform basic tasks. You are moving house. Your income is precarious. You have a pre- teenage boy to feed on that precarious income.

What do you do? Why, buy an entire pigs head to cook, of course! Delicious! Thrifty! Daring!

Absolute nonsense. Complete bollocks. Utter fabrication.

This is making me unfeasibly rage filled this morning. A bleeping pigs head. Argh!

• Heart
Reactions: 63
This has now been deleted

View attachment 2044711

Hopefully Jack "I love threatening litigation to scare people into silence" Monroe has had a little nudge from the guardian's legal dept about making false claims/libel/defamation of one of their staff.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Considering the current serious issue with infection control (admittedly for birds), would butchers allow a novice to take a partial pig carcass home on public transport? And if so surely you’d be under strict instruction on how to handle and dispose of it?

And Mumsnet moment but this sort of material is actually dangerous. what mother would allow for that to sit in her fridge rotting and risk a growing child getting E. coli or salmonella?

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
She’s on a delete spree, as above. Only seems to delete when the responses ask her to pause her Patreon. Really makes you think whilst your rotting pigs head stinks.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
“Patreon fucked up”

did they, aye?

my fuse is far too short to cope with this horseshit this morning. Despicable cowardly, liar. Grow up. Or duck off. Just STOP.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
0A91CEDC-63A8-43F9-A3D9-A7E49F6047E0.jpeg

This was the response to her now deleted tweet, maybe she spent an hour looking for proof she clarified it, admitted defeat and deleted 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
This has now been deleted

View attachment 2044711

She must have gone back to re-read it and realised she’d caught herself out.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
These anecdotes about strangers being so shocked about what she says - surely most people grow out of that stage at about 15? The hopeful 'omg everybody is looking at me' phase that teens go through.
She's such a try-hard. It's so embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I wouldn't give a flying banana if she was bringing the cash in on Patreon (*) and spending it on fifty million sideboards if

a) she was fulfilling the promised rewards (i) after having toned down the over-promising and/or ii) after having been honest that the backdated rewards are never getting sent out)
or
b) she changed the terms and conditions and made it clear that there are no rewards and this is just to fund her 'work' (i) with clear transparent updating of what the 'work' she's actually doing is)
and
c) she dropped the pretense of finding said nice things in puddles/sheds/charity shops or them being donated by well-meaning friends etc. etc. etc.

(*) ETA I'd still be annoyed about it and have a good old laugh, but people can spend their money on what they want after all

• Heart
Reactions: 64
😂
Who is bottom left in the fridge?

I'd feel sorry for the person standing behind her in the queue whatever. We all know she leaves a lingering honk.
It's Martin Daubney.

Has she explained why she allegedly has a pig's head in the fridge? Does she think she is David Cameron?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
So she's basically saying that a huge chunk of that article is factually incorrect? Because if I remember right, Shattenstone quizzed her on the missing funds, the unfulfilled rewards and she answered him and said she was trying to put it right, that she'd ripped people off? Is she saying Shattenstone made up a load of tit? I'd be absolutely furious if I were he and I'd be looking down legal avenues.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Just watched Miguel Barclay's bit on Jamie (told you I was BUSY 😂 ), and I thought it was really good. Yeah he's probably richer than Croesus in his own FANCY kitchen but he's not pretending otherwise, he just cooks in a simple, 'home cook' kind of way which I really like. I also appreciate him minimising the washing up.

Reactions: 34
Her takeaway from the guardian article would've been that he called her gorgeous when what everyone else sees is a bloated round jawed woman with bags under her eyes and a collapsing nose. I assume he meant it like the DM sidebar of shame does when it faux compliments some terrible unflattering click bait pic.
6200.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Yeah, to every single thing you’ve said and done in the last 24 hours/11 years (all time is interchangeable)
53D90CFC-7A5F-438A-AB6D-9683ED0A4006.jpeg

C36FC0A2-9CDB-4D65-AFB8-686CD7C4763B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Maybe Jack could put the pig skin Stetson on the pig's head and use as a quirky yet thrifty table centrepiece for when her one million friends come round for a soft gentle dinner?
With a tomato grown for her lovers in it's mouth.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
She honestly sounds like an amazing person to interview, because if you sit her down with a free dinner and stroke her ego a little while pretending to be on her side, she’ll get on a massive narc high. She was no doubt gleeful and trying to show off to her journo mate and she’s realised that it’s gone a bit wrong. Oops. If it had been the Daily Mail interviewing her she would have been so guarded, but she’s used to Simon types lapping up what she says without question.

Also those bath pennies photos make me feel so ill. Unshowered, just rolled out of bed Jack honking around in a load of grubby coins. Yuck.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.