Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love seeing evidence of Jack’s utter irrelevance and genuinely interesting women being highlighted:

0823ED17-B15A-4E0F-AB51-BF08346DB9AB.jpeg

30821459-E985-4E43-9B33-DC13D85E6682.jpeg

99048F12-1473-42A4-8F87-30DEC09B37CB.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Oh now I wish I'd ordered it, rather than the double gins we all had in lieu of pud @Slop n slide . It looks delicious! Yep nice pub in a very nice part of town, but LJC I am deceased today.
Double gins instead of puddings, babe mate, you took one for the Fraus, now duck off. Obvs gently, tenderly, and clearly steamedly…🤗

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I've just had a very genteel tea in a restaurant in St Andrew's Square, Celeryville. Basically a big grassy garden surrounded by restaurants..

So telling that Jackie recommends places like Lady Libertine, Hawksmoor, Dishoom. All in the square along with Bread Street, The Ivy, wagamama, wahaca, etc.

Not one independent place amongst them. Nice though, but... There's a whole world of incredible food in Edinburgh, but she only knows the Chain ones.

And all right next to her flatshare-aparthotel.

Dipstick
Also may I please remind you that Jack is not allowed to cross my beautiful bridge, thank (space)you. Not over the railway bridge on the Firth of Forth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I engraved “feck”, “arse”, “drink” onto some wooden hearts and hung them in my hallway as a protest against live, laugh, love. Some of the school people thought I was a bit unhinged.

Jackie would not get the reference.
My sister-in-law had carved wooden individual blocks on her bathroom shelf that said "LIVE LOVE"

It took her a full week to realise that after my visit it mysteriously said "EVIL VOLE" instead.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
My husband for Valentine's day gave me a tin sign which reads "No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes"
And I think he is probably right

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
My sister-in-law had carved wooden individual blocks on her bathroom shelf that said "LIVE LOVE"

It took her a full week to realise that after my visit it mysteriously said "EVIL VOLE" instead.
Friend had “let it snow” on a similar thing hanging up gaudily over Xmas. A bit of merlot-fuelled vandalism and the next morning her window proudly advertised TITS NOW

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Quoting myself like a twit to post the receipts because I forgot to come back and edit in time. Thanks to Marmalade Atkins for grabbing the original screenshot.

View attachment 2018938
Omfg the covid lockdown / nazi comparison is crazy. I feel like she’s defo one of those types who could end up going full blown conspiracy theorist at some point, she has quite a few traits that I notice some CTists also have.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I hate that the word pumble lives rent-free in my head.
It’s ok - the real life Pumble lives rent free under Jack’s sofa bed, wanking itself into a violent frenzy to the stench of freezer fish and eggs. It unleashes spores that contaminate her ❄ stash, which may explain the increasing bitterness but also may just be her conscience eating itself. LIVE LAUGH HATE.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Love seeing evidence of Jack’s utter irrelevance and genuinely interesting women being highlighted:

View attachment 2019158
View attachment 2019159

View attachment 2019154
Now, now, tenderheart, it specified "women in *food*". If it had been "women in slop" then Jack would rightly be at the head of the list.
---
Talking of scabs, I'd love to see Jack present MOTD tomorrow 🤣
The honking 🦆 and sniffing would be off the charts, and even the most pro-Tory anti-BBC viewers would be rising up to demand the regular presenters be invited back.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Earliest mention of Pumble I can find is 2012.

Screenshot_20230310_223145_Chrome.jpg

I don't know if that means anything to anyone, but I just got curious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Those bloody Emma Bridgewater plates that say bollocks like Dinner~Tea or Spaghetti~Bolognaise around the rim can get in the bin as well, along with signs stating the bleeding obvious. I mean, it’s so prescriptive. What if I want to put cereal in my pasta bowl? LJC, can you just stop being so bleeping prescriptive and judgy, Emma? So what if I put Rice Crispies in my Melanzane~alla~Parmagiana receptacle?

Although I would be totally on board with a Bridgewater/Monroe collab loo roll holder bearing the legend Clagnuts~Dangleberries-Winnets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I engraved “feck”, “arse”, “drink” onto some wooden hearts and hung them in my hallway as a protest against live, laugh, love. Some of the school people thought I was a bit unhinged.

Jackie would not get the reference.
If I was a school person I’d make best friends with you on seeing that!
would make a nice cross-stitch as well…

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Omfg the covid lockdown / nazi comparison is crazy. I feel like she’s defo one of those types who could end up going full blown conspiracy theorist at some point, she has quite a few traits that I notice some CTists also have.
I think she probably secretly already is, she’s just mostly managing to hide it on SM. Though she’s probably got a sock out there who’s all over it all!

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.