Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd rather blow him than eat Jack's slop
You might get cheese with that.

At the risk of doing a Jack and elevenerifing that……I managed to call my (German) boss a nazi in a email because the 🥕 changed “nos”

So instead of the email reading: These nos (numbers) will kill us, it changed it to These nazis will kill us
How are you still employed?
---
Never let it be said that our language isnt a minefield

View attachment 2011102
Ooh are you are real frau?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Argh noo I feel bad now. I didn't mean to ruin cheese for you both. 😬 I thought cheese mites were a well known thing. If it helps, they're not harmful at all and I don't think all types of cheese have them(?) That picture's not very flattering, but I'm sure Jack looks worse when she's magnified.

I'm just jealous because they get to eat any cheese they want without paying. Those mites are basically shoplifters going after the Cathedral City. Why can't they shuffle over to the discount cheeses? Do they want us to stop breathing?!
You know, not even mites are going to stop us eating cheese - we are known as Mr and Mrs Mouse to our friends, we even received a cheese hamper as a wedding gift. Can't see them, so don't care.😁
Best cheese eaten so far: Bigod Brie with truffle, from Fern Farm Dairy. Seriously 😋😋😋😋

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Well I’ve found the perfect gadget for Jack if she goes back to office work. Or gets that job as a train driver and needs to make tea or slop on the go.

View attachment 2010911
Seriously though, is this gadget just for people who want to piss off their coworkers? If your boss stops you working from home and makes you go into the office, cook up a batch of fish curry and honk up the place in protest.
I used to have a colleague who, when she first started, brought a rice cooker into the office and plugged it in to knock up a batch of rice for her and her husband (who worked on-site but in a different department). It was fairly low impact other than steam but we weren't even really allowed to bring our own phone chargers in so I had to tell her to knock that one on the head. And I had to tell her husband he wasn't allowed in our office. I crushed the youthful but enduring romance and codependency right out of them. (They probably just thought I was being mean, but I wasn't running a branch of Wagamama).

• Haha
Reactions: 63
You know, not even mites are going to stop us eating cheese - we are known as Mr and Mrs Mouse to our friends, we even received a cheese hamper as a wedding gift. Can't see them, so don't care.😁
Best cheese eaten so far: Bigod Brie with truffle, from Fern Farm Dairy. Seriously 😋😋😋😋
Our wedding cake was tiers of cheese ☺. Quite glad I've only discovered cheese mites now. 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I am Baron Bigod adjacent 🧀 and can testify it is the dog’s swingers.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If you want to see a cheese that will really turn your stomach, Google "casu martzu". Warning, it's pretty grim...

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Off topic but I just tried to play squig in a Wordfeud game. Was quite offended when it told me it wasn’t a word - doh 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
All this cheese chat has reminded me of high-times in the now barren Tanya Burr thread.

Her breakthrough acting role being the time she attempted both an American accent and the word ‘manchego’ for the first time.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It always makes me laugh how Jack tries to glom onto the 'i am a successful person with a career' bandwagon but she immediately shows her arse by writing in that really self aware way, designed to make you feel jealous of her.

I've been to the States quite often for work and it does feel pretty nice. I remember texting my Mum going 'they ordered me a car Mum! He had my name and everything!!' but I only mention it because I've never once referred to it in this excitable way to the wider world, despite *actually* getting paid for some of the stuff Jack pretends she does.

TL; DR She's a braggy horror and I'd wager between all of us here we actually have the experiences she claims she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.