Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I come here expecting Jack based mithering, hilarious jokes and tenderroot care and what do I get? Cheese mites! bleeping Cheese mites!

WARNED.
The cheese mites are preferable to the Celeb Gossip thread at the moment with their chatting about dogs licking Bovril off of willies.
I love Tattle.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Completely off topic but did anyone see Poppy O'Toole on Saturday Kitchen last weekend say "quim" four times, genuinely without a clue what it meant?!
Yes, bless her. Poor Poppy has clearly never read a Sarah Waters novel.
But clearly, she's far too busy providing quality potato content for her millions of followers on the tiktok rather than pretending to read eleventy books a week.

Makes you think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I have a home management book from the 1920’s which gives instructions on removing cheese mites. It involves placing the cheese in a bowl of cold water and watching them wriggle out. I could have sent it to Jack as an idea for her useless book.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Fellow fromage frau here. Can confirm that it is highly unlikely that ASDA 'Hard Cheese' is going to be anything like Comte considering that it's meant to be a cheap substitute for Parmesan or Grana Padano. Comte is generally even more spenny than even the more expensive (aged) Parmesan.

Reactions: 34
Remind me, where does "Makes you think" come from? Or is it just us????

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 2010852

A co-parent when it suits; a single mother when it doesn't 🤷‍♀️
So the eight years friendship followed by 5 years solid co parenting takes us through The Poverty© and beyond. So yet again - and this is treading very old ground - where the duck was this saintly father when SB was cold, hungry and wearing tight shoes? Why didn't he notice? Why didn't he give Monroe child support?
Unless of course, and this might be a leap, she was lying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Oh don't, I'm still cringing about using the word ostensibly incorrectly at work over two years ago 😳
You think thats bad, I once called a colleague a nonce (replace p with n!) when what I actually meant to call him was a numpty 😫

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I was gonna say 'yay Tuesday!' But then I remembered no matter what Jack we get, Chaos Jack, Namaste Jack, Angry Jack...it's all bleeping Jack and she usually says something that makes me super angry.

I still can't look away though, send get-a-lifeos.
There is some sort of morbid curiosity isn't there?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
You think thats bad, I once called a colleague a ponce (replace p with n!) when what I actually meant to call him was a numpty 😫
At the risk of doing a Jack and elevenerifing that……I managed to call my (German) boss a nazi in a email because the 🥕 changed “nos”

So instead of the email reading: These nos (numbers) will kill us, it changed it to These nazis will kill us

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.