Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the hecking heck is Jack playing at? Who has time to waste making fugly looking "lanterns" out of bits of string and old candle wax? Jack's totally lost it this time.

That looks like a burn mark on the kitchen surface. The landlordlady won't be happy.

And suggesting putting them on a bath edge....Eeeeek, especially as most baths are plastic now. I know someone who's teenage daughter put tealights on a bath surround and melted the bath. The housing association made her pay for it to be replaced. Nice Tip Jack, you going to stump up for anyone who damages a rental property with your madcap ideas?
Yep, looks like a burn mark on the worktop to me too.

And the delightful honk of burning plastic in the bathroom is sooooo relaxing.

Also, with metal being an excellent conductor of heat, it won't just be the top of the tin can that will be "toastie".

Haven't our overstretched A & E units got enough to do besides attending to 1st degree burns on Jackie's simpletons? Give me strength...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
She's not too good at this decluttering malarkey is she? Look at all that... well, clutter in the background.

I love having candles lit that have black smoke swirling off them. Creates such a relaxing ambience.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Wooden countertops plus hot hot metal and shitloads of counter clutter shoved in the corner. What could go wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Is Jack trying to reposition herself as a crafts maven? Yet another one of the desperate career paths of washed-up no-talent former celebrities (see: Tori Spelling).

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Nicely blackened soot stained tin can candle holder anyone? Lovely gift for mums day. Just punch a few holes in an old tin can, drop in a tealight and your good to go

• Haha
Reactions: 43
What a phenomenal waste of time AND they look tit as well as being a fire hazard.

ETA She's also essentially just admitted she's spent the afternoon making crap. The squigs are absolutely blind to it!

• Haha
Reactions: 59
And if she was meant to be moving last month, but it got delayed due to new landlord or whatever, why wasn't the "heckin big declutter" all done? Really makes you think 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Lads, relax it's fine. Jack spent literal months answering phones for the fire service. Skirt or no skirt, she's got experience dammit.
She's [nam eyes] heard things, okay?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Oh god are we getting Grifty Kitchen 2: Tin Candle Bugaloo?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.