Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remind me, where does "Makes you think" come from? Or is it just us????
Jack did say it in a tweet.
I'll try to find it. It was all to do with rumours or something and she thought she was being very clever and satirical no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
00A69252-0890-490F-8FBF-10252F851745.jpeg

I’ve never put the two things together before, but this was the day before she went on her “working holiday” to the US with her Diva/grim Ripper Museum pal.

bleeping hell Jack, “new and exciting work” is a truly novel way to describe jiggling the ol’ “famous DDs” and (🤜👊GAUCHE👊🤛) with the appalling Linda Riley in exchange for all expenses paid.

Holly Golightly you most certainly are not.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
Also, “good, healthy meals”??
When? Where? 🤔
---
Re Comté: it’s a cheese that cheffy types often rave about in TV, so I expect that’s where Jack got it from (or from Allegra). Cos she likes to think she’s one of them. 🙄 I tried it once and was a bit underwhelmed TBH.

P.S. Re accents on iPhone (someone mentioned this): you just keep your finger on the relevant letter on the keyboard and the accents pop up.

View attachment 2009950
That was me! Thank yøü for the tîp!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Well I’ve found the perfect gadget for Jack if she goes back to office work. Or gets that job as a train driver and needs to make tea or slop on the go.

7B56FC0A-4B73-461E-A286-9396FEAE4C99.jpeg

Seriously though, is this gadget just for people who want to piss off their coworkers? If your boss stops you working from home and makes you go into the office, cook up a batch of fish curry and honk up the place in protest.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
I eat cheese but also have a fear of cheese mites. I don't like them, I want them to stop eating all the cheese. I'm not prepared to make friends with them. I hope they get swallowed by a brambly mouse. I bet Jack's bungalow contains an entire nation of cheese mites.

View attachment 2010505
Love the spiky arse of a new-to-me beast, seriously it’s brilliant, but not sure how to expIain to Thing 1 that the veggie complications of cheese go beyond rennet and farming methods.

View attachment 2010568

Another wardrobe fail. She really is the perfect example of someone that can spend a fortune on an outfit and still look like a jumble sale
I thought she had a plaster on to save her foot from an ouchy shoe strap, but it’s a watermark. See Jack, I care about your welfare. Now please try not to be a bleep ODAAT💚

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Jack did say it in a tweet.
I'll try to find it. It was all to do with rumours or something and she thought she was being very clever and satirical no doubt.
It was something about the Tories I think. Trying to be edgy as normal and failing.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I eat cheese but also have a fear of cheese mites. I don't like them, I want them to stop eating all the cheese. I'm not prepared to make friends with them. I hope they get swallowed by a brambly mouse. I bet Jack's bungalow contains an entire nation of cheese mites.

View attachment 2010505
My Dad used to insist in keeping cheese in the airing cupboard until one time when it came out covered in maggots, I am REALLY hoping it actually was maggots now and not giant versions of them.

ON TOPIC... How does Jack always manage to make it sound like she's just heard a new fact/ cliche about autism every time she mentions it
---
At the risk of doing a Jack and elevenerifing that……I managed to call my (German) boss a nazi in a email because the 🥕 changed “nos”

So instead of the email reading: These nos (numbers) will kill us, it changed it to These nazis will kill us
I referred to Mumbai as Bombay in a presentation about orientalism
---
I'd rather blow him than eat Jack's slop
I'd rather pick up Jack's 'food' and clap

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
WTAF I can’t be the only person who went and googled this. Never eating cheese again!
Cheese Mites???

This is something that I did not need to know.
Argh noo I feel bad now. I didn't mean to ruin cheese for you both. 😬 I thought cheese mites were a well known thing. If it helps, they're not harmful at all and I don't think all types of cheese have them(?) That picture's not very flattering, but I'm sure Jack looks worse when she's magnified.

I'm just jealous because they get to eat any cheese they want without paying. Those mites are basically shoplifters going after the Cathedral City. Why can't they shuffle over to the discount cheeses? Do they want us to stop breathing?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Well I’ve found the perfect gadget for Jack if she goes back to office work. Or gets that job as a train driver and needs to make tea or slop on the go.

View attachment 2010911
Seriously though, is this gadget just for people who want to piss off their coworkers? If your boss stops you working from home and makes you go into the office, cook up a batch of fish curry and honk up the place in protest.
pass agg protips

• Haha
Reactions: 27

View attachment 2010911
Ooh a batch of Jack's liver and sultana casserole would go nicely in there.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Wasn't the 'makes you think' phrase something to do with the Tories and conspiracy theorising? I just tried to Google but it took me back to Tattle. 😂 Guessing Jack deleted the post long ago and it's archived here? That's what usually happens.

I come here expecting Jack based mithering, hilarious jokes and tenderroot care and what do I get? Cheese mites! bleeping Cheese mites!

WARNED.
Sorry

It's better than the GCSE chat though.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
My Dad used to insist in keeping cheese in the airing cupboard until one time when it came out covered in maggots, I am REALLY hoping it actually was maggots now and not giant versions of them.

ON TOPIC... How does Jack always manage to make it sound like she's just heard a new fact/ cliche about autism every time she mentions it
---

I referred to Mumbai as Bombay in a presentation about orientalism
---

I'd rather pick up Jack's 'food' and clap
When I was working in local government (housing dept) I sent a letter to 200 residents that began,
Dear *******.
That took some explaining.
---
When I was working in local government (housing dept) I sent a letter to 200 residents that began,
Dear *******.
That took some explaining.
ETA: it won’t let me use the word. It was re***ds

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
that generic 'hard cheese' is certainly nothing like comte, nor is it trying to be. i buy it quite often when cooking vegetarian because it's basically a copycat attempt at parmesan but without rennet (and presumably a certain amount of craft). annoyingly i finished one yesterday and left the wrapper in the sink binned the wrapper, but i'm pretty sure it claims to be 'italian-style', comte being french of course.

Reactions: 27
View attachment 2010852

A co-parent when it suits; a single mother when it doesn't 🤷‍♀️
'Happy safe, secure child'! Is that when he is not an anxious child who is in therapy and having his personal business plastered over the Internet? The same child that was in your care when you allegedly tried to commit
suicide
and and were out of your tits on booze and trammies? That safe, secure child that has supervised holidays with you? Mother of the year 🥳

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.