Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So if Jackie gal has CCJs against her surely no mortgage company would touch her? Maybe that’s why no move to date?

Reactions: 21
Yeah it’s that one. You don’t even have to have the sound up. When Jack speaks, Kimberley does an interested and engaged face. When Kimberley speaks, Jack is clearly not listening and is on her phone. So unprofessional
It's just so bloody rude. Woman I work with it like this. She used to ring me for a chat, which essentially meant talking at me about herself and whenever I piped up, you could hear her tapping at her keyboard or by her responses, tell she was reading her emails.

Fine. If you want to behave like that, knock yourself out. Just don't be surprised if you have no friends.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Cocaine use and noses 😱

Jack, WARNED!
Someone related to an in law of mine 🍉 has had a cocaine addiction for a few years and has recently been admitted to a rehab facility after finally seeking help. The reason he finally realised how bad it was is he now has a small hole in the roof of his mouth.
His parents, who are paying for the very expensive rehab had literally no idea he was using drugs to any extent until he turned up at their door crying and begging for help.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
She made it! Link here 2 hours 46

She's not on to talk about cost of living, she's on to talk about weight loss drugs to halt the rise of obesity/reducing benefits bill.

Right, big girl pants on ... I'm going to listen ...

ETA - update: I found it hard to listen to the content of what she's saying because I can hear her snuffling and snorting in the background while the presenter replies to her, and lip smacking while she speaks.

From what I did take in, she made some good points, none of which were intrisically disagreeable. And she managed not to talk about herself!
Oh my Christ, the honk. Has she ever referred to it in her many, many ailment complaints (complailments?!)? Or do we think her failure to ever acknowledge it is due to her actually being a boring you-know-what hag and not wanting to draw attention? It's worse every time I hear her speak so there's clearly something up one way or the other....

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Jack should go back to the USA and market her slop for those in the penal system. Her food would scare the prisoners straight.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Oh my Christ, the honk. Has she ever referred to it in her many, many ailment complaints (complailments?!)? Or do we think her failure to ever acknowledge it is due to her actually being a boring you-know-what hag and not wanting to draw attention? It's worse every time I hear her speak so there's clearly something up one way or the other....
From what I can remember, she's made vague allusions towards unspecified respiratory issues. And then there was the nose boner thing during the last all-night chaos. I don't think she's ever acknowledged it directly, but more experienced Frauen may have something to add that I've forgotten.

Reactions: 25
Oh my God, it is painful to listen to her. Whatever the hell is going on with her breathing needs to be sorted.

Reactions: 22
I didn't listen to Van Tulleken's bit because for some irrational and unknown reason those two brothers annoy the hell out of me, and I was already inflicting one annoyance on myself.

I didn't even clock that she was on to plug her book until the end when the presenter said "That was Jack Monroe and she's got a book out". I suppose maybe the intention was to talk about how it might be possible to have a balanced and enjoyable diet on a low budget and she's written the book to prove it (lol). Or maybe she was wearing her poverty activist hat. WFK.

To be fair to her, I'd forget to plug my book if I'd just woken up and not got out of bed (which I'm assuming was the case from at least some of the rustly noises in the background).
That makes me wonder if the reputation management company she is allegedly with paid Times Radio to have her on and promote her flop.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Of all the stuff she’s bought I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything for SB. She even wears his clothes. The only thing I recall is the Lego Hogwarts train, which was on a shelf out of reach and I’m fairly sure she said someone else had bought him that :(
Being extremely generous these are the items you could say are SB's. I wouldn't include clothes because of the 'communal wardrobe' shite.
Don't believe any of the lego is his personally, I think the flower bouquet and bonsai tree were bought for her by an ex but she said the ex bought them for SB.
Does she also have a lego hogwart's train? Not got that yet 🕵️‍♀️

100 CUDDLY TOY (Hamleys)
60 Lego flower bouquet
10 Jenga
350 Playstation (assumed 4)
0 small Star Wars figurines (safekeeping)
22 Scrabble
7 how to speak cat game
5 glowstick wristbands
16 Tiveez 1000 Piece jigsaw puzzle - Amsterdam Sunset Bicycle
10 vintage Fisher Price chatter phone (current value)
100 Super Nintendo (estimate)
350 Xbox (estimate)
45 Lego bonsai tree

Total: £1,075 of £162,357
For comparison she spent 3/4 of this amount (£771) just on x-rays for Sophie Ellis Pretzel (RIP)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
From what I can remember, she's made vague allusions towards unspecified respiratory issues. And then there was the nose boner thing during the last all-night chaos. I don't think she's ever acknowledged it directly, but more experienced Frauen may have something to add that I've forgotten.
I don't care what Jack says. It is not normal to have a nose boner

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Just listened to the Times Radio link 😬Someone clever should compile recordings of her ever changing voice starting with normal - large bulldog clip on her nose
I have done small clips of edinburgh and today’s link (recorded in a highly technical way on my phone’s voice memo app) but I can’t figure out how to upload. Super short (15 secs each) but the difference! Oy vey.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.