Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Kimberley Wilson. Jack was unspeakably rude to her in that British Library thing.
What happened?

Edit: Apologies again. I think the video you're talking about is the YouTube one upthread. Couldn't bring myself to watch it because the cringe is too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What happened?

Edit: Apologies again. I think the video you're talking about is the YouTube one upthread. Couldn't bring myself to watch it because the cringe is too much.
Yeah it’s that one. You don’t even have to have the sound up. When Jack speaks, Kimberley does an interested and engaged face. When Kimberley speaks, Jack is clearly not listening and is on her phone. So unprofessional

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Yeah it’s that one. You don’t even have to have the sound up. When Jack speaks, Kimberley does an interested and engaged face. When Kimberley speaks, Jack is clearly not listening and is on her phone. So unprofessional
Ugh that's horrible behaviour, but nothing surprising from Jack. I know she was checking her phone throughout the Daily Kitchen Live episodes, but apparently it was to answer questions or something? Either way, it wasn't a good look.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
And she leaves her seat while the others are talking 😳

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Not to be gauche, but I'd let either of them sample my pumble.
When did we start using pumble as a euphemism for our unruliest parts? :sick:

There is at least ten times as much stuff as almost anyone needs in that property. All this storage pots and pans and seemingly eleventymbillion flannels. Don't even start me on that cutlery bloody drawer.
I've never seen so much cutlery. She might run out of tin openers, but she'll never be short of spoons! I'm also starting to wonder if the move is taking so long because she's trying to softly, gently scoop herself into her new house.

At least it's not prunes
1678373409761.png

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yep. Jack has opened the massive pile of unopened mail at least three times.

24th October 2020
View attachment 2015506

10th February 2021
View attachment 2015508
View attachment 2015509

21st June 2022
View attachment 2015511

I am pretty sure she said her most recent ex, Mr OH, went through them all with her too 🥰
All of these have occurred whilst she has had plenty of money coming in to budget and keep debt-free. It is the staying debt-free that is generally the legacy of the fear of envelopes in poverty. You don't want to ever return there so you never again allow the envelope pile to build up. She's either self-sabotaging deliberately for the pity party, or she's stupid. Or both.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Jack’s a clagnut, hanging on by her promoter’s poo glue.

For me, the worst thing about DrC is DrX. Exposure to the latter makes me irritated with the former, like developing contact dermatitis from the methylisothiazolinone in fairy liquid. This opinion could flare into a full on allergy or fade if I can buy a pair of marigolds against DrX for long enough. Can’t tell yet.
Jack’s a clagnut, hanging on by her promoter’s poo glue.

Thread title?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Are we allowed to make wishes on the Easter Bunny? I want her landlady to write to the paper or appear here and dish out gallons of tea.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
That photo with about a dozen dishes, pans, etc, from three different charity shops, and the claim in the caption that she had change left over from £20 ?

<<Jimmy Nail.gif>>
Also, I fail to understand how she *cannot* afford to spend more than £20 on her weekly shop BUT it's ok to fritter 40 quid on assorted cheap crap? Unhinged (and lying), I tell you.

Reactions: 34
Just listened to the Times Radio link 😬Someone clever should compile recordings of her ever changing voice starting with normal - large bulldog clip on her nose

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I didn't listen to Van Tulleken's bit because for some irrational and unknown reason those two brothers annoy the hell out of me, and I was already inflicting one annoyance on myself.

I didn't even clock that she was on to plug her book until the end when the presenter said "That was Jack Monroe and she's got a book out". I suppose maybe the intention was to talk about how it might be possible to have a balanced and enjoyable diet on a low budget and she's written the book to prove it (lol). Or maybe she was wearing her poverty activist hat. WFK.

To be fair to her, I'd forget to plug my book if I'd just woken up and not got out of bed (which I'm assuming was the case from at least some of the rustly noises in the background).
His brother is a big Jack cheerleader. Along with James Wong, although Ralf Little seems to have seen the light.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.