Jack Monroe #481 The turnip does not pop up far from the swede

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourite thing about this little window into the past is that Jack once worried about needing an ice box to safely carry some pies home in. Quite the contrast to her happily travelling home from Croydon with a goat leg and various other bits of a meat shoved in a backpack.

Reactions: 49
Please, if there is any Justice in the world, I know it’s late but THREAD TITLE NOMINATION!

Reactions: 57
Just when I thought I could be surprised no longer, a squig has posted saying they're making this recipe

Mmmm, stuffing to make the bollock sausage go further ...

Reactions: 45
The most ludicrous thing in it all is the claim she was “babysitting”. Come on, Jack. Nobody in their right mind would ask you to do that. You being a prozzie and stealing food to survive in 2013 and having NO FRIDGE AND NO LIGHTBULBS for TWO YEARS is more believable.

Reactions: 38
I have norovirus to thank for finally catching up.
Can't say it's worth shitting through the eye of a needle and puking all over myself as she has LEFT.
She is so rude.

Seriously thanks for making me laugh , you lot are such funny fuxkers The GCSE bit though you can never repeat again

Reactions: 54
Just when I thought I could be surprised no longer, a squig has posted saying they're making this recipe

Mmmm, stuffing to make the bollock sausage go further ...

View attachment 1998318
Oh my sweet summer squig, I bet you don’t even have two big ol Top Shelf Stuffing Jars.

(That’s Jack telling you how to make your dinner “brilliant” by the way. By chucking stuffing mix into whatever it is)

Reactions: 42
Wait... why's she making a 400-mile round trip to babysit for free? Or is she there anyway, and doing a favour? If so, how's she got there - either her own train fare in which case, could probably afford to get a pizza in, or on expenses for some "work" thing in which case why's there no budget to EAT.

Tres bollaux, lads.

Reactions: 56
Hello ninnies - apologies this wasn't first thing but alas work has been a mad one.

Jack opened March 2023 with 479 Patreon subscribers, assuming an average per subscriber fee in line with Olia Hercules' £14.12 and less assumed platform fees of 12% this means £6.0k has just hit her account for sweet NISH! She lost 26 subscribers in month but gained 11, resulting in a net loss of 15 (-3.0% on prior month). This is the sixth consecutive month of losses tehe but worth remembering that she's still got twice as many subscribers as she did pre-Nigella (opening with 479 this month vs 244 Jan 2022 just before Nigella's co-sign).

Once again I implore Jack to unhide her revenue figure so we can capture that alongside subscriber count and we won't have to mither as to the magnitude of payday she's getting.

Reactions: 89
Past midnight here so shall not check if posted previously, just enjoy (again if necessary) this hack #wtf #lol #shouldbeonreddit

Reactions: 66
£6k a month.
I hope any lurkers are paying attention.

Reactions: 47
Mmmmm, salty
---
Why is her Angel Delight and Smash in jars? What a weirdo
It's all performative bullshit. I don't know why but it makes me uncomfortable than she mentions those two things and then mentions pappa al pomodoro and panzanella in the next breath.

I know I'm ex working class and we've moved on from the 70s (thank god) but it still feels likes she trying to pretend to be working class but winking at all the middle classes at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42
This is Panzanella, Jack, it isn't fucking stuffing mix chucked over toms

Reactions: 38
Get this as a thread title or you’re all WARNED.

Reactions: 35
This is a sentence rarely uttered but I fully believe Jack when she said they’d authorised the campaign.

I think they saw £££ and did without even a cursory glance at it and then went “shit” and threw her under the bus when people complained.

Reactions: 27
"I buy five boxes at a time and sieve them: fine powder in one jar [...] and the chunkier pieces in another"

https://giphy.com/0Vv0Ne2CnOClIExIuL ---
I don't think I even want to know the answer to this ... but has she ... ever ... bunged stuffing in a curry???

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.