Jack Monroe #481 The turnip does not pop up far from the swede

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello ninnies - apologies this wasn't first thing but alas work has been a mad one.

Jack opened March 2023 with 479 Patreon subscribers, assuming an average per subscriber fee in line with Olia Hercules' £14.12 and less assumed platform fees of 12% this means £6.0k has just hit her account for sweet NISH! She lost 26 subscribers in month but gained 11, resulting in a net loss of 15 (-3.0% on prior month). This is the sixth consecutive month of losses tehe but worth remembering that she's still got twice as many subscribers as she did pre-Nigella (opening with 479 this month vs 244 Jan 2022 just before Nigella's co-sign).

Once again I implore Jack to unhide her revenue figure so we can capture that alongside subscriber count and we won't have to mither as to the magnitude of payday she's getting.

View attachment 1998360
Hang on.. 11 NEW SUBSCRIBERS? Who are these idiots with money to waste?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
The thing about "many of the families I work work are in bedsits" is as hilarious as it is infuriating when you consider how many of her recipes in Tin Can't Cook involve a blender, which I would guess is not high on the priority list for people in such dire straits.
Hilarious but, to state the obvious, not true.

Reactions: 15
Hang on.. 11 NEW SUBSCRIBERS? Who are these idiots with money to waste?
Seriously wouldn't put it past her to just sign herself up with several different email addresses on the lowest tiers, just to make it look like she's still bringing 'em in.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I have just learned from Jack that you cook potatoes by simmering “until very tender”. I did not know “tender potatoes” were a thing, or that they were made so by chucking them into boiling water then “simmering” them

View attachment 1998295

“Oh Darling, this Côte de Boeuf is dreadfully tough this evening!”
“I concur, my Dearest, but how deliciously very tender these simmered potatoes”
My OH sometimes has tender potatoes if we have been, shall we say, getting on vigorously. And sometimes after rugby.
---
And apparently tax free… To earn the equivalent take home pay, you would need to earn a salary in excess of £110k
Not for much longer. HMRC are aware of her income.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
I have just learned from Jack that you cook potatoes by simmering “until very tender”. I did not know “tender potatoes” were a thing, or that they were made so by chucking them into boiling water then “simmering” them

View attachment 1998295

“Oh Darling, this Côte de Boeuf is dreadfully tough this evening!”
“I concur, my Dearest, but how deliciously very tender these simmered potatoes”
She just throws in adjectives willy-nilly cos she’s such a good writer person. Not incorrect if it’s in print from an actual publisher innit!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hang on, we know that big D is regularly mistaken for George?
Please stop posting pics of Big D on here, respect his privacy.

Just mithering on something which has likely been mithered on already. In the Diva article, Jack says she lost a deposit when she moved in with Leggy, are we sure she meant for a rental property?? I could just imagine her pulling out of a sale at the very last minute and losing her deposit but thinking it’s fine cos she’s bagged a millionaire anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Aww Steve Mackey (of Pulp fame) has died 😢 will this bring Jack out?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Please stop posting pics of Big D on here, respect his privacy.

Just mithering on something which has likely been mithered on already. In the Diva article, Jack says she lost a deposit when she moved in with Leggy, are we sure she meant for a rental property?? I could just imagine her pulling out of a sale at the very last minute and losing her deposit but thinking it’s fine cos she’s bagged a millionaire anyway.
I can also imagine Leggy breezily telling her it’s totally fine because to Leggy a rental, or even a small sale, deposit probably isn’t that significant in the grand scheme of things.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
£6k a month.
I hope any lurkers are paying attention.
That £6k is tax free too. That’s the equivalent of the take home for a salary of about £150,000 with a 6% pension contribution and Plan 2 student loan repayments. Jack Monroe sees the same each month as someone who’s actually worked hard and climbed the ladder. And all she’s done is lie and bullshit and tweet, and tweet bullshit, Remarkable, innit.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Jack seems to think she’s reinventing food when all she’s doing is making Wish versions of everything. Plus…budget home made fish fingers? If I was strapped for cash I’d just buy fish fingers, since surely only kids eat them? They’d absolutely prefer asdas over some frozen fish wrapped in sieved stuffing nightmare and it would be cheaper too.
Asda smartprice fish fingers are 75p for 10. I’m sure they’re not the most ethical of brands but if you’re skint, they are absolutely fine. They’re probably getting put in a sandwich with ketchup anyway, so it’s not like you’d notice the difference. I can’t even imagine the faffing involved with making your own.

I couldn’t find her stuffing fish nightmare but this tweet made me laugh. Err, does she know what typing with one hand implies? Fish fingers indeed.

1CBD6DD2-D695-46BA-A42B-4CF934030290.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
If the minimum is a quid a month, I'd go in for a chance at a CCJ, no content provided. I haven't
Minimum to receive something in the post is £7, tender one. Anything below £7 gets you a discount for her (empty) shop, and access to the posts on Patreon (last post on Patreon, October 2022).

1677776607535.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Details please?
I'm not sure how much can be said on here but let's imagine that there was a frau who had reported to HMRC that Jackie may be receiving a significant income in donations through a website subscription service. Nothing about not paying tax, just that they are receiving an income. This frau might have a relative who works for them who indicated that ALL income is taxable regardless of source, who might also have suggested a route that wasn't the tip line on the .gov website but an email address, and that HMRC will do the rest of the work if they investigate. That might have happened in January.
---
Do you know this for sure? 🙏
Only in so much as she has been reported via a slightly different route than the tip line, which will probably be more effective, so they have the information- or as much as could be given.
---
Aww Steve Mackey (of Pulp fame) has died 😢 will this bring Jack out?
Very said. Far too young. That song they wrote about Jackie- Common People- is fab.
---
That £6k is tax free too. That’s the equivalent of the take home for a salary of about £150,000 with a 6% pension contribution and Plan 2 student loan repayments. Jack Monroe sees the same each month as someone who’s actually worked hard and climbed the ladder. And all she’s done is lie and bullshit and tweet, and tweet bullshit, Remarkable, innit.
She SHOULD be paying tax on it though, that's the problem.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
I'm not sure how much can be said on here but let's imagine that there was a frau who had reported to HMRC that Jackie may be receiving a significant income in donations through a website subscription service. Nothing about not paying tax, just that they are receiving an income. This frau might have a relative who works for them who indicated that ALL income is taxable regardless of source, who might also have suggested a route that wasn't the tip line on the .gov website but an email address, and that HMRC will do the rest of the work if they investigate. That might have happened in January.
---

Only in so much as she has been reported via a slightly different route than the tip line, which will probably be more effective, so they have the information- or as much as could be given.
---

Very said. Far too young. That song they wrote about Jackie- Common People- is fab.
And …. Let’s just say we are ALL INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL that said massive 💴 💰 this twit is getting each month might come under scrutiny. Thank you for all that you do tender one 😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I’m one of the people who dropped off from Patreon this month 👋🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.