Jack Monroe #481 The turnip does not pop up far from the swede

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May the Patreon numbers softly, gently, painstakingly fall and the silence continue đŸ„°
They’re at 479 and haven’t moved in a couple of hours so I’ll share the summary table at some point this morning, actual employment permitting. Iirc the Olia Hercules benchmark was £14.13 so that’s roughly £6k.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Here's a plot twist, apparently ole 30p was name checking Jack in a Westminster debate yesterday 👀

vibe from a non blue tick Squig who also tweeted about it suggested he was praising Jack. I shall do further investigation.

Either way, lol.

IMG_20230302_081017.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
That might be enough to tempt her out of hiding. And definitely suggests there isn't a sniff of legal action against him as he wouldn't mention her if there were

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Surely he's having a bit of fun there

eta and pointing out what an inadvertent Tory Jack is

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Financially speaking I wouldn't like to be in her shoes. The speaking engagements, TV work, writing, anything that she can control has all but dried up, and being the narcissist that she is she will hate this. She'll hate losing control of the narrative too., Jack, no one is scared of you anymore, your threats are hollow. She's left with her diminishing patreon delusionists that she has zero control over. Her income, status and overall grift is on a steady but inexorable decline. Time to think about going to work Jackie, you're going to have to sooner or later

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Here's a plot twist, apparently ole 30p was name checking Jack in a Westminster debate yesterday 👀

vibe from a non blue tick Squig who also tweeted about it suggested he was praising Jack. I shall do further investigation.

Either way, lol.

View attachment 1997904
Ooh the debate is already up on Hansard.

"I will close now because I know quite a few people want to speak. I will finish by going back to the “30p Lee” thing. It comes up every single day on social media. I made a little list earlier of celebrity chefs—millionaire chefs—who can make meals on a budget. Lesley Negus can make a meal for 20p. Jack Monroe can make a meal for 20p. The website frugal.org.uk has meals for 25p. Savvy Meals can do meals for under a quid. Even the BBC has recipes for meals under a quid. Jamie Oliver—£1 wonders. Asda has recipes for meals under a quid. Toogoodtogo.com—under a quid.

I mentioned the food blogger, Jack Monroe. She was celebrated last year in the Daily Mirror for producing a meal for a staggering 11p. These people are celebrated; they are national heroes. Yet when a Conservative MP tries to help a local food bank and people in his own community, he is called “30p Lee”. Like I say, it don’t matter to me."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Surely he's having a bit of fun there

eta and pointing out what an inadvertent Tory Jack is
I don't like Lee Anderson's politics, but this is hilarious.

I get annoyed with those who defend Jack's 'cheap recipes' as "she isn't part of the problem..." as to why she's different from Anderson. Well she is. And her 'recipes' are an insult.

I reckon she's finished (as a food and poverty campaigner, I don't mean stop breathing Jacksie), she's gonna scrape a living from her dwindling Patreon for a couple of years, but she's gonna have to get a real job (lol) or completely reinvent herself.

Reactions: 58
Speaking of Jack somehow managing to shine a light on the dodginess of the people around her, I just looked up that ~holistic psychologist~ she's suddenly so fond of, and lolllll. If you google her name + 'controversy' it's a minefield. INCLUDING the fact her wife was sued for charity fraud, apparently. Why do these grifters all flock round each other? Also - a note for other blue tickers, you're better off just blocking Jack now, before she decides to fangirl you, because her associating herself with you is truly the kiss of death* :D

*not literal death, I hasten to add :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
I reckon she's finished (as a food and poverty campaigner, I don't mean stop breathing Jacksie), she's gonna scrape a living from her dwindling Patreon for a couple of years, but she's gonna have to get a real job (lol) or completely reinvent herself.
It’s hard to call herself a food writer, poverty campaigner, etc when she does nothing! She doesn’t campaign, doesn’t post recipes, doesn’t write her blog, has said basically nothing about the “cost of living crisis” for over two years now. All she does is rant on Twitter and then claim she’s “firefighting” trolls and has no time to do her supposed job

Reactions: 40
Financially speaking I wouldn't like to be in her shoes. The speaking engagements, TV work, writing, anything that she can control has all but dried up, and being the narcissist that she is she will hate this. She'll hate losing control of the narrative too., Jack, no one is scared of you anymore, your threats are hollow. She's left with her diminishing patreon delusionists that she has zero control over. Her income, status and overall grift is on a steady but inexorable decline. Time to think about going to work Jackie, you're going to have to sooner or later
And the latest book didn't make a whisper of a ripple. She's also a total defeatist despite the plucky gobby persona she sometimes adopts. The extent of her promo for it was pinning a tweet. No way will the memoir go ahead, the only audience for it is wonky.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

I get annoyed with those who defend Jack's 'cheap recipes' as "she isn't part of the problem..." as to why she's different from Anderson. Well she is. And her 'recipes' are an insult.

If she was just making (good) cheap recipes I'd not be bothered about it - cooking good, cheap food is a skill not everyone has and there are people who can cut back on their food shop a bit.
It's the way she crows about feeding a family for ÂŁ20 and makes it sound like throwing some tins together can recreate fancy restaurant meals through some "magic". And how she claims it is nutritionally adequate. If she were actually a campaigner she'd be pointing out that it might be possible to eat for ÂŁ20 but that food won't provide the energy/nutrition most people need.
In the intro for her book she talked about how ÂŁ20 is enough to feed 3 people for a week. Bluebird should be ashamed for publishing that.

And that's a hole she dug for herself, not wanting to admit her meals are small/lack protein etc so being all brash and claiming her meal plans are checked by experts etc etc....but she doesn't do calories because severe anorexia...

Maybe that was my anyurism?

• Heart
Reactions: 60
They’re at 479 and haven’t moved in a couple of hours so I’ll share the summary table at some point this morning, actual employment permitting. Iirc the Olia Hercules benchmark was £14.13 so that’s roughly £6k.
I should be over this by now, but 72k a year for doing the square root of SFA!!

• Haha
  • Angry
(I would just like to clarify that I also am far removed from ole 30p's politics, but...)

1677747352032.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

It’s worse when someone like Jack does it than when Anderson does it.

Because there is a contingent who, no matter what anyone does, are going to think the poor are poor because they’re feckless and they’re the only people going to be swayed by the likes of Anderson so, no net loss.

Everyone else dismisses him as an arrogant Tory with no idea, they don’t take seriously his claim you can feed yourself for 30p so he’s not actually causing that much harm with this one thing.

But then you have Jack, the left wing darling claiming she makes her 25p meals and she feeds her and her son (and sometimes a labourer) on £10 or 20 a week. People lap it up, and they listen and then when someone says they’re skint and can’t feed their kids instead of sympathising the response is “have you tried Jack’s bean burgers?” And when it’s pointed out there are x, y and z reasons it wouldn’t work, it becomes “they’re making excuses, Jack Monroe manages”.

She does far far more damage to the idea of how much money people need to live on than any Tory rattling on about potatoes or 30p meals could ever do. And the most frustrating aspect is I don’t think she has a bleeping clue that she’s doing it, even though I know it’s been pointed out to her. She has this view of the world as if it’s always the black and white “mean tories bad, left wing maverick good” and it’s not anywhere near as simple as that in real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
And that's a hole she dug for herself, not wanting to admit her meals are small/lack protein etc so being all brash and claiming her meal plans are checked by experts etc etc....but she doesn't do calories because severe anorexia...
I'm not sure I can find the screenshots now but I ran a day's worth of meals through My Fitness Pal (exactly as written, serving sizes as stated), logged them, logged my normal activity, and it said that I was in such a huge calorie deficit that it wouldn't record any data for that day.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
May the Patreon numbers softly, gently, painstakingly fall and the silence continue đŸ„°
There's something beautiful about the idea of her not being brought down as such by a single person, a newspaper exposé or a police investigation, but just the fact that people tire of her because she's a tedious cunt. As much as I'd like to see her get a real legal slapdown, obscurity is a crueller mistress to a narc.
---
That might be enough to tempt her out of hiding. And definitely suggests there isn't a sniff of legal action against him as he wouldn't mention her if there were
He can say what he likes under protection of Parliamentary privilege without suffering legal consequence can't he tender one?

It’s hard to call herself a food writer, poverty campaigner, etc when she does nothing! She doesn’t campaign, doesn’t post recipes, doesn’t write her blog, has said basically nothing about the “cost of living crisis” for over two years now. All she does is rant on Twitter and then claim she’s “firefighting” trolls and has no time to do her supposed job
It's the Emporer's New Clothes isn't it? Everybody agrees or at least accepts that she's a campaigner so she is, even though she does nothing. Everybody agreed that the Emporer's lavish new robes were beautiful, but he was arse crack naked. What a beautiful metaphor for Jackie.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.