Jack Monroe #481 The turnip does not pop up far from the swede

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fraus - I just had the misfortune to watch that goddam awful piano instagram video, and I am shook. Did she think that was GOOD?! I guess she must have done - otherwise why get someone else to video it and post on the insta?

It reminded me of a toddler hammering away on a keyboard just to make some noise.

It's so awful I will be thinking about it all day, and I don't have words to describe it.

Please send cashos and kitty cat pics.

PS - Kae Tempest is a genius, awful old cringe video notwithstanding >_<

• Haha
Reactions: 34
£6k a month.
I hope any lurkers are paying attention.
The fact it’s an entirely passive income is really wild. Like she’s just created the mythology of being a pov™️ and people are paying her for that? This would be a life changing sum of money for most people and yet she’s still whinging and pretending she’s skint, it’s insane.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I used the word 'clodhoppers' in conversation with Mr NT earlier, which reminded me - did we ever find out what a Horn clod was? Or how it related to BJ?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jack monroe is rich from lying to people poorer than her. Sue me you hard faced grasping turd.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
"I buy five boxes at a time and sieve them: fine powder in one jar [...] and the chunkier pieces in another"

---
I don't think I even want to know the answer to this ... but has she ... ever ... bunged stuffing in a curry???
I am screaming at this 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I did a midweek roast chicken & trimmings for tea yesterday. I couldn’t find the branded stuffing we usually get (Paxo? Saxo? I forgetto) so I bought the budget stuff (under 30p), what difference could it make, I reasoned.

A lot, it so happens. Firstly it’s cheaper as there’s less so it barely got a cm up the pyrex I usually use for stuffing. No wonder she buys so much at a time, you might as well go to the pound shop or home bargains and get a big box of the proper stuff. Secondly it’s BLAND, tasted like slightly herby cardboard. No wonder her Mrs LEFT if she was cooking up that crap for her on a Sunday.

Jack seems to think she’s reinventing food when all she’s doing is making Wish versions of everything. Plus…budget home made fish fingers? If I was strapped for cash I’d just buy fish fingers, since surely only kids eat them? They’d absolutely prefer asdas over some frozen fish wrapped in sieved stuffing nightmare and it would be cheaper too.

No idea who her audience is tbf other than neckbeards and devotees who cannot accept the disabled pov Jack Monroe who does so much good would ever be untrue.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I did a midweek roast chicken & trimmings for tea yesterday. I couldn’t find the branded stuffing we usually get (Paxo? Saxo? I forgetto) so I bought the budget stuff (under 30p), what difference could it make, I reasoned.

A lot, it so happens. Firstly it’s cheaper as there’s less so it barely got a cm up the pyrex I usually use for stuffing. No wonder she buys so much at a time, you might as well go to the pound shop or home bargains and get a big box of the proper stuff. Secondly it’s BLAND, tasted like slightly herby cardboard. No wonder her Mrs LEFT if she was cooking up that crap for her on a Sunday.

Jack seems to think she’s reinventing food when all she’s doing is making Wish versions of everything. Plus…budget home made fish fingers? If I was strapped for cash I’d just buy fish fingers, since surely only kids eat them? They’d absolutely prefer asdas over some frozen fish wrapped in sieved stuffing nightmare and it would be cheaper too.

No idea who her audience is tbf other than neckbeards and devotees who cannot accept the disabled pov Jack Monroe who does so much good would ever be untrue.
This is it though, I've been buying supermarket/value brands for as long as they've been making them. It's just common sense if you're a bit short of money, no one needs Jack to tell them to do it. She's just pointless, and always has been as far as I can see.
The basic fish fingers are pretty cheap as well, and fine in a sandwich, and decent nutritionally according to the pack.

Reactions: 36
The most ludicrous thing in it all is the claim she was “babysitting”. Come on, Jack. Nobody in their right mind would ask you to do that. You being a prozzie and stealing food to survive in 2013 and having NO FRIDGE AND NO LIGHTBULBS for TWO YEARS is more believable.

View attachment 1998324
So this person has a child, expects sometime from 200 miles away to come and babysit, has not a scrap of food in the house for themselves or said child, can afford to go out, can afford to buy her dinner as thanks. Makes loads of sense!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Hi, Kae Tempest (or Kae Tempest’s mum) 👋🏼 😜
---
The fact it’s an entirely passive income is really wild. Like she’s just created the mythology of being a pov™️ and people are paying her for that? This would be a life changing sum of money for most people and yet she’s still whinging and pretending she’s skint, it’s insane.
it’s mental. She’s charging people for her being skint a decade ago.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
If I was earning £6K a month I wouldn't be crossing my fingers that I get a cost of living payrise this month, as I sit here reading the emails saying "we're putting your electricity direct debit up," "your mobile phone bill is going up 17%", "your service charge is doubling," "your council tax is going up the maximum it can before we have to hold a referendum".

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
If I was earning £6K a month I wouldn't be crossing my fingers that I get a cost of living payrise this month, as I sit here reading the emails saying "we're putting your electricity direct debit up," "your mobile phone bill is going up 17%", "your service charge is doubling," "your council tax is going up the maximum it can before we have to hold a referendum".
6k a month is so so wealthy.
Universal Credit pays £334 for an unemployed person. That's real poverty.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Fraus - I just had the misfortune to watch that goddam awful piano instagram video, and I am shook. Did she think that was GOOD?! I guess she must have done - otherwise why get someone else to video it and post on the insta?

It reminded me of a toddler hammering away on a keyboard just to make some noise.

It's so awful I will be thinking about it all day, and I don't have words to describe it.

Please send cashos and kitty cat pics.

Jack thinks she is brilliant a just about everything. Singing, dancing, acting, makeup artisting, cheffing. Being a poet, writer, musician, chess champion, martial arts expert.

Completed it mate.

Ps Kae looks sincere, I will concede that.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hi, Kae Tempest (or Kae Tempest’s mum) 👋🏼 😜

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
---
Jack thinks she is brilliant a just about everything. Singing, dancing, acting, makeup artisting, cheffing. Being a poet, writer, musician, chess champion, martial arts expert.

Completed it mate.

Ps Kae looks sincere, I will concede that.
I don't understand how anyone could be that deluded. It boggles my ouchy braincells.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Jack seems the type of bleeping moron kitchen renegade who’d cut open all her sachets of Cup-a-Soup and empty them all into a jar, then dispense from there when wanted… so you’d have no idea how much a portion is… cos spenny jars look naice. The twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Yep. In the Guardian in 2013. Saying exactly what Lee Anderson was vilified for last year, only blaming BIG READYMEAL

Lee A
View attachment 1998258
Jack M
View attachment 1998233
This is the article the SS above comes from

There’s also this one dear @MancBee alludes to from 2014 where she teaches these poor and obese people how to cook multiple-portion “ready meals” at home by manhandling a lasagne and being very creative about what constitutes a portion size.

Again saying, EXACTLY what Lee A said last year that Jack went apeshit about.
View attachment 1998241

Not quite sure how all the above fits in with this from 2018 though when she has to “prove” a completely different point when Bath Conservatives hold her up as someone who proves it’s possible to cook well cheaply. View attachment 1998266

so she has to completely contradict what she has said in the previous two articles..

View attachment 1998252

View attachment 1998253
(It’s Jack being full on Jack so TWs for the usual- and a nice bonus repeat of the “more bread and jam!” shite to finish it off. Honestly, there’s so much nonsense to rage about in that article if you’re having a jolly ol’ day I’d give it a swerve for now.)
The thing about "many of the families I work work are in bedsits" is as hilarious as it is infuriating when you consider how many of her recipes in Tin Can't Cook involve a blender, which I would guess is not high on the priority list for people in such dire straits.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
How long has it been since she stopped producing slop? I feel like there was some attempts after dayhab but they tailed off.
pits been a long time since we’ve been subject to performative flat-lay pics of the £20 weekly shop, with it’s one carton of UHT skimmed milk

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Oh my sweet summer squig, I bet you don’t even have two big ol Top Shelf Stuffing Jars.

View attachment 1998332
(That’s Jack telling you how to make your dinner “brilliant” by the way. By chucking stuffing mix into whatever it is)
20230302_150106.jpg

Well that's a 'sorry, I must've scooped up the wrong jar by mistake, honk!' disaster waiting to happen if ever I saw one

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Jack seems the type of bleeping moron kitchen renegade who’d cut open all her sachets of Cup-a-Soup and empty them all into a jar, then dispense from there when wanted… so you’d have no idea how much a portion is… cos spenny jars look naice. The twit.
She doesn’t seem, she is exactly the person (moron) who does that

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.