Jack Monroe #481 The turnip does not pop up far from the swede

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s worse when someone like Jack does it than when Anderson does it.

Because there is a contingent who, no matter what anyone does, are going to think the poor are poor because they’re feckless and they’re the only people going to be swayed by the likes of Anderson so, no net loss.

Everyone else dismisses him as an arrogant Tory with no idea, they don’t take seriously his claim you can feed yourself for 30p so he’s not actually causing that much harm with this one thing.

But then you have Jack, the left wing darling claiming she makes her 25p meals and she feeds her and her son (and sometimes a labourer) on £10 or 20 a week. People lap it up, and they listen and then when someone says they’re skint and can’t feed their kids instead of sympathising the response is “have you tried Jack’s bean burgers?” And when it’s pointed out there are x, y and z reasons it wouldn’t work, it becomes “they’re making excuses, Jack Monroe manages”.

She does far far more damage to the idea of how much money people need to live on than any Tory rattling on about potatoes or 30p meals could ever do. And the most frustrating aspect is I don’t think she has a bleeping clue that she’s doing it, even though I know it’s been pointed out to her. She has this view of the world as if it’s always the black and white “mean tories bad, left wing maverick good” and it’s not anywhere near as simple as that in real life.
Didn't she write an article about how people just needed educating and that ready meals were too easy and tempting...or something like that?

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Didn't she write an article about how people just needed educating and that ready meals were too easy and tempting...or something like that?
Yes, that's when she was talking about fingering a ready meal lasagna or some such nonsense.

Why she thought it better to finger a lasagna instead of looking at budget recipe online, or in a book at the library, is anyone's guess.

ETA Especially with her filthy fingers. 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Millionaire Chef...

She's going to absolutely lose her rag. Marvellous!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yep.

She’s cut from exactly the same cloth as Anderson and Hopkins, but at least with them you know what you’re getting and they’ve got the balls to admit it too, unlike Jack who does it all via stealth and smol pixie eyes.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Yes, that's when she was talking about fingering a ready meal lasagna or some such nonsense.

Why she thought it better to finger a lasagna instead of looking at budget recipe online, or in a book at the library, is anyone's guess.

ETA Especially with her filthy fingers. 🤢
This mystifies me endlessly. In terms of assembly it's one step up from

bread
ham
bread

And she's meant to be a cooking expert?
And she's telling people this nonsense, without shame or a second thought?
And they're taking it seriously?
And printing it in the papers?

Make it make sense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
He is right though. Chefs push the narrative all the time that in reailty we can eat for pence, he is just using that to make his point.( even though its disagreeable) no one should struggle to put food on the table, everyone should be able to buy or provide a decent amount of food for their famalies. The goverment need to do more to help and chefs need to do some proper campaigning along with their cheap meals!

Reactions: 35
That might be enough to tempt her out of hiding. And definitely suggests there isn't a sniff of legal action against him as he wouldn't mention her if there were
That is really funny. Lee Anderson is using Jack as a dead cat. And blatantly laughing at her. Has Jack gone AWOL to avoid more questions about the donations that have, she stated, been ring-fenced?

Also, tickets still available for the Stroud food festival. Lots of them. So it looks like there won't be many disappointed people if/when she fails to show.
---
Jack also stated she had written a ten week course or something to teach young single mums how to budget, or something like that.

Hash tag famously frugal

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Financially speaking I wouldn't like to be in her shoes. The speaking engagements, TV work, writing, anything that she can control has all but dried up, and being the narcissist that she is she will hate this. She'll hate losing control of the narrative too., Jack, no one is scared of you anymore, your threats are hollow. She's left with her diminishing patreon delusionists that she has zero control over. Her income, status and overall grift is on a steady but inexorable decline. Time to think about going to work Jackie, you're going to have to sooner or later
Oh well. Maybe she can dust off that degree of hers and finally put it to good use. No issues with childcare anymore, so I’m guessing the employers will be lining up to hire her.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
There's something beautiful about the idea of her not being brought down as such by a single person, a newspaper exposé or a police investigation, but just the fact that people tire of her because she's a tedious cunt. As much as I'd like to see her get a real legal slapdown, obscurity is a crueller mistress to a narc.
---

He can say what he likes under protection of Parliamentary privilege without suffering legal consequence can't he tender one?

It's the Emporer's New Clothes isn't it? Everybody agrees or at least accepts that she's a campaigner so she is, even though she does nothing. Everybody agreed that the Emporer's lavish new robes were beautiful, but he was arse crack naked. What a beautiful metaphor for Jackie.
It just re-iterates doesn't it that her supporters are all middle class hand wringers and virtue signallers. She doesn't get support from actual grass roots poverty campaigners, because she's not involved in any practical work, whatever she claims. She's just boosted (and barely any more) by her patrons who are so comfortably off that they don't miss money being taken from their accounts monthly for duck all in return.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Frauen, I've just a had a colour chart delivered from a paint company that's not f&b but still up its own backside. Could she be... multitasking? RMYT.

IMG_20230302_110113_edit_609974331569422.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 42
It just re-iterates doesn't it that her supporters are all middle class hand wringers and virtue signallers. She doesn't get support from actual grass roots poverty campaigners, because she's not involved in any practical work, whatever she claims. She's just boosted (and barely any more) by her patrons who are so comfortably off that they don't miss money being taken from their accounts monthly for duck all in return.
It also confirms my suspicions about Trussell Trust, as they carried on supporting her, right through the Tmill debacle. They may have been forced to ask her to no longer connect their name to the offensive T-shirts, but they still said she was a fundraising asset.

It's all about the money, regardless of the trustworthiness of those doing the fundraising for them. Or the morals of the campaign merchandise slogans. I doubt they'd have done anything if people hadn't complained directly to them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
Frauen, I've just a had a colour chart delivered from a paint company that's not f&b but still up its own backside. Could she be... multitasking? RMYT.

View attachment 1998173
One picture, 2 places I never want to visit.. 1 I've been too many times.. but I'm not telling which.

(It's Darlington, I've never been to rehab..no no no)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Yep. In the Guardian in 2013. Saying exactly what Lee Anderson was vilified for last year, only blaming BIG READYMEAL

Lee A
DF0620C7-4CAE-446C-B0F6-1E9357D4646B.jpeg

Jack M
AA1E8DF2-EC34-4F0C-A668-361957782072.jpeg

This is the article the SS above comes from

There’s also this one dear @MancBee alludes to from 2014 where she teaches these poor and obese people how to cook multiple-portion “ready meals” at home by manhandling a lasagne and being very creative about what constitutes a portion size.

Again saying, EXACTLY what Lee A said last year that Jack went apeshit about.
F2CC48AA-6E37-4699-ABA6-6BDC01D5A334.jpeg

Not quite sure how all the above fits in with this from 2018 though when she has to “prove” a completely different point when Bath Conservatives hold her up as someone who proves it’s possible to cook well cheaply.
EDB754D8-C1AC-4304-BB23-9BFFB78FBE5C.jpeg

so she has to completely contradict what she has said in the previous two articles..

87EA953D-A772-4262-AF21-3E8B8A526E32.jpeg

EA3DA94C-7C91-4A09-933A-599EC42C6FE0.jpeg

(It’s Jack being full on Jack so TWs for the usual- and a nice bonus repeat of the “more bread and jam!” shite to finish it off. Honestly, there’s so much nonsense to rage about in that article if you’re having a jolly ol’ day I’d give it a swerve for now.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
As with all, no fan of old Lee, but I love how he’s worded that statement - millionaire chefs - celebrity chefs - he’s not said which one he thinks Jack is, he’s just left that hanging over her like a rusty spoon of domiciles. Like someone said above he’s got privilege so can’t be sued but he could say, I was referring to Jamie Oliver as a millionaire chef but Jack is definitely known as a celebrity chef, here look at her agents page. Chapeau Lee, you saucy little Tory twit

On top of that, it must rile Jack that her arc nemesis has been promoted and has a much louder voice since she tried to drag him down and she’s just lay on her couchbed unable to shout on twitter 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I completely misunderstood this and have lost the last five minutes of my life wondering why your daughter being politically left wing would cause an issue with tin openers …. Send me back my five minuteos

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I have just learned from Jack that you cook potatoes by simmering “until very tender”. I did not know “tender potatoes” were a thing, or that they were made so by chucking them into boiling water then “simmering” them

22F2F3D7-E2E5-4513-80FB-B0530B6E0F5A.jpeg

“Oh Darling, this Côte de Boeuf is dreadfully tough this evening!”
“I concur, my Dearest, but how deliciously very tender these simmered potatoes”

• Haha
Reactions: 31
As with all, no fan of old Lee, but I love how he’s worded that statement - millionaire chefs - celebrity chefs - he’s not said which one he thinks Jack is, he’s just left that hanging over her like a rusty spoon of domiciles. Like someone said above he’s got privilege so can’t be sued but he could say, I was referring to Jamie Oliver as a millionaire chef but Jack is definitely known as a celebrity chef, here look at her agents page. Chapeau Lee, you saucy little Tory twit

On top of that, it must rile Jack that her arc nemesis has been promoted and has a much louder voice since she tried to drag him down and she’s just lay on her couchbed unable to shout on twitter 🤣🤣🤣
I bet slop towers has as many dizzy couches as Cotswold sideboards
This is the bad place !
AA335702-9958-467E-9D3A-4AF37F41666D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.