Jack Monroe #478 “Well perhaps you should have kept your legs shut!” chortled Thomas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You have to be reeeally talented or famous to get away with behaving badly/being difficult in the media. Jack is neither. She's not telegenic and has a terrible voice, plus she is bad at cooking skills and demos, isn't actually insightful or properly informed about social issues, and also is unreliable. None of those things endear you to producers. I can't think of any good reason why I'd put her in a tv or radio show at the current time, unless it was a panorama about dodgy crowdfunding and the grift economy lol

• Heart
Reactions: 68
This one, Marm!
81AF74BC-5AD2-4994-98EC-9BC3B6D5CBEF.jpeg

Has very strong vibes of someone else who it turns out shares Jack’s love of a nice blouse and cardigan combo and a lovely grey pov jumper.
C64E8B1E-C859-4F73-9C99-25EE69D4A4AD.jpeg
635F9570-A804-4EEA-8AF9-F602561E2B7D.jpeg

I hate to say it, but I think Rose wears it better too.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
I’m not awkward to work with, I do my own washing up on set. This absolutely makes me want to face palm. I bet she actually does do her own washing up, even though there’s probably someone whose job that actually is, or there’s a dishwasher and everything she washes goes through it when she’s gone. I also bet she makes a huge deal of it making sure everyone knows. As a former crew member ‘talent’ who think they’re being helpful or want to look like they are are the worst. All we actually want is for you to turn up on time, be civil but not try to be matety with us (because thats always cringe) and be professional. I very much doubt Jack manages any of those things.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
I’m not awkward to work with, I do my own washing up on set. This absolutely makes me want to face palm. I bet she actually does do her own washing up, even though there’s probably someone whose job that actually is, or there’s a dishwasher and everything she washes goes through it when she’s gone. I also bet she makes a huge deal of it making sure everyone knows. As a former crew member ‘talent’ who think they’re being helpful or want to look like they are are the worst. All we actually want is for you to turn up on time, be civil but not try to be matety with us (because thats always cringe) and be professional. I very much doubt Jack manages any of those things.
"I'LL DO IT WHERE'S THE FAIRY,I MEAN SAINSBURY'S BASIC 29P WASHING-UP, LIQUID, I'M SUCH A KOOK ME" she says, trying to wrestle a mug off the potwasher before somehow leaving it muckier than it was to begin with

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I've just been introduced to a peripatetic worker and I'm softly, gently 🍾🦉 on the inside.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I like this one too
View attachment 1964462
Dearest genius @Marmalade Atkins not only created the nice collage but also helpfully provided a link to the vid for those of you looking at the above and thinking “Oh Marma(papa), what a splendid collage you have painstakingly crafted with your smol arthritic hands! I simply must view for oneself the original moving picture version of this fine artwork!”
Oooooh first pic in this collage is DEFINITELY botox-wearing-off-forehead, I’ve got friends who have it done regularly and two of them get that same pattern of diagonal/vertical striations when they’re a few weeks off their next appointment.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
This is such a weird morning driving thought -

But if she had managed to save for a house in cash (which I personally just can’t see being the case but let’s run w this idea) why wouldn’t she go live out in the sticks in the sort of house she clearly thinks is her birth right, change her name again, and be done with the absolutely humiliating mess she’s created online? She could even leave the Patreon going and keep getting a couple of grand a month for nothing for another year or two. Like the only thing keeping her in Southend appears to be her weird obsession with her ball headed dad?
I've suspected for some time that her kid is only allowed over is because grandma and grandad are round the corner.

Reactions: 26
1DD9580D-58FA-45E5-A3E5-0A1831D3CF69.jpeg

I was so struck here by Jack’s description of herself as THE MOST polite, obliging and happy person in the room when we’ve never seen any evidence of her being any of these things (and no we are not counting lights ON life beyond wildest dreams Jack in “happy”) that I went looking on the interweb for all the other times she’s told us she’s done something “very politely”.

I haven’t found them yet, but this came up in the search for some reason
A new nice blouse shot
9576FEA9-9926-4E63-8D92-94C2FA9A1E80.jpeg

and also this
BF405FF7-D734-41C8-AB85-37C2AF5A5A10.jpeg

Which then reminded me of this
024A7DE2-037C-4010-AC15-56AD57CF437D.jpeg
35B8F304-878F-47E2-A43F-29B0464DD4ED.jpeg

why does she have to describe her lewks in such random and frankly bleeping stupid ways that very strongly suggest she’s never 1. Met a supply teacher and 2. Set foot in a pub or met an uncle? ETA and that’s not a pub uncle, Jack. You’re LITERALLY dressed as Will from The Inbetweeners.

Also, why is she so thick she doesn’t realize her friend is LITERALLY calling her a bleep?
E34DD5B4-1D14-4625-9232-AC22D0F83ABA.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
FBPE Uncle who has loud opinions about the negatives of Brexit by the fruit machine in a gastropub in Chipping Norton, maybe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Oooooh first pic in this collage is DEFINITELY botox-wearing-off-forehead, I’ve got friends who have it done regularly and two of them get that same pattern of diagonal/vertical striations when they’re a few weeks off their next appointment.
I think you're right, in that photo she's really straining a frown, so you have some lines appearing, albeit oddly placed ones. Every other facial expression in that collage, forehead is dead smooth. She must have been drunk buying botox as well as sideboards 🙃.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm writing from the past to speculate that Jack uses "hired help" (which I agree sounds awful, like the off-hand way a Southern belle would refer to her African American housekeeper in some made-for-tv adaptation of George Church Suppers set on a 1950s ex-plantation) because it sounds and reads a bit like "home help", and therefore suggests the association of care workers sent to help look after those who struggle to do so themselves. In other words, that Jack is trying to turn a sign of her financial privilege into a reminder that she is actually a smol crumbly invalid. Or maybe she's just a twit who constantly puts her foot in her mouth because words are interchangeable 🤷‍♀️.

Also, took great pleasure in imagining her organising a bookplate and pasting in a form signature/acknowledge but being too lazy to fill it in according to the specifics of the person in question and sending out 100s of Patreon gifts that read "Dear paypig/squig" instead. Like in Catch-22, when the squad's commander has the genius idea of form letters for bereavements or notifications of missing airmen being found that all read "Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms, I am delighted/saddened to inform you that your son/husband/fiance has been KIA/WIA/found."

Back to grunking - as you were, and TOOT TOOT!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Outing myself as POV as duck but I used to consider all after school activities as middle class. We never had extra curricular activities. Once my mum gave me money to go Irish dancing but I bought 10 Lambert and Butler instead 😎
Babe, same. Free lessons/clubs from school aside. (Which at my school was basically piano using the schools piano and football - deprived area, I know some offer things like violin and flute and what have you with free borrowing of the instruments)

Which is why it grates when the line from celebs is “my parents couldn’t afford X” when they mean “couldn’t afford another extra curricular on top of Y, Z” purely because they know that doesn’t generate the same level of “aww look the most working class celeb that ever lived”.. Because the reality for a lot of children is their parents cannot afford it, and even with the free ones, can’t be arsed to arrange it/take them/aren’t able to pick them up later due to work etc.

Most are doing it to a lesser level than Monroe, but it’s all part of how she gets away with it. Nobody with influence will want to publicly call her out for it because so many of them are at it and it enhances the media need for the acceptably working class darlings who still have “relatably middle class” experiences.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It’s Dame Viv’s memorial service today (genuine ‘rest in peace’, bless her). Is our smollest of smol pixies quiet today because she’s been invited? 😉. One of Viv’s best customers is Jack Monroe.

(On her abandoned Tumblr, she references a Westwood fisherman’s jumper (although she was wearing a coat and scarf over it) - has that been added to the growing list of designer Westwood clobber @That Forensic Man?)

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.