Jack Monroe #478 “Well perhaps you should have kept your legs shut!” chortled Thomas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure she complained about the postage costs of the postcards she hasn’t even sent! I’m sure that’s the issue. The longer she’s left it the more expensive it’s become.
Thing is patreon paid her enough money to outsource this work. It could have been someone working remotely for a few hours a week. Someone who could have put a cost analysis together for her on the patreon and once all rewards were given out, could have moved forward differently.
No one would have able to complain and she would still have a good income. Instead she loses subscribers and numerous ones will ask for their money back now plus costs.
Shes messed it up big time.

Reactions: 43
This is such a weird morning driving thought -

But if she had managed to save for a house in cash (which I personally just can’t see being the case but let’s run w this idea) why wouldn’t she go live out in the sticks in the sort of house she clearly thinks is her birth right, change her name again, and be done with the absolutely humiliating mess she’s created online? She could even leave the Patreon going and keep getting a couple of grand a month for nothing for another year or two. Like the only thing keeping her in Southend appears to be her weird obsession with her ball headed dad?
I completely agree - why the hell stay somewhere you’re derided or even a laughing stock? Where you’ve got no hope of getting taken seriously because everyone knows what you really are? Ridiculous.

I do happen to think she’s grifted the money to buy somewhere decent outright, but I have no idea why she hasn’t moved to east London with it.

Reactions: 25
Her whole career is tumbling down the toilet. She doesn't really have much left. Like we keep saying she hasn't done anything in months and the only thing notable in her calander are smol speaking parts and i wouldnt exactly call either mainstream. She will bascially be getting paid to talk to a mere handful of people and most of them will be what she calls the hired help. Everyday there are more interesting, more successful, more dedicated people coming out of the woodwork with decent plans and support networks to help people in poverty. She is more and more irrelevant everyday. Bascially its her few fanatical neckbeards and some crazy old ladies who just want to shout at people. Bascially her life's work now.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I’m sure she complained about the postage costs of the postcards she hasn’t even sent! I’m sure that’s the issue. The longer she’s left it the more expensive it’s become.
Thing is patreon paid her enough money to outsource this work. It could have been someone working remotely for a few hours a week. Someone who could have put a cost analysis together for her on the patreon and once all rewards were given out, could have moved forward differently.
No one would have able to complain and she would still have a good income. Instead she loses subscribers and numerous ones will ask for their money back now plus costs.
Shes messed it up big time.
And also worth noting the person who is now a squig but was previously on £44 a month said he could manage the handling of postage for cheaper than Royal Mail and she ignored him.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
And also worth noting the person who is now a squig but was previously on £44 a month said he could manage the handling of postage for cheaper than Royal Mail and she ignored him.
I suspect part of the problem would be, there is nothing to send. I doubt she's even bothered getting fresh sh1thouse onions done and now she's blown all the cashos.

Reactions: 41
Oh and the extra annoying thing is the party line now getting repeated amongst stan-squigs - "all this over a few POSTCARDS ... GOD!"

Imagine if that was an accepted hazard in the general to and fro of capitalism and exchange of goods and services. Did an online grocery order and Tescos did a puppy brain chaos and didn't deliver it to me, didn't refund and when I tried to contact them about it, blocked my email and phone number. Ordered something off eBay and the seller decided not to send it BECAUSE THEY WERE TIRED and there was no mechanism for me to report it and get my money back (and them get a mark on their account for being a waster). You catch my drift.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Exaaaaaactly. And excuse me, tell me you're doing alright without telling me. Not only that you can afford to support a Patreon that gives you nothing in the first place but that you would actively have a go at people questioning why they're getting nothing?

I've been thinking about subbing to the Athletico Mince podcast because I find it funny and listen regularly. But if I didn't get the rewards I'd immediately unsub and complain, and I LOVE Bob Mortimer. These people must be being grifted by more than just Jack tbh......

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Had an email from Patreon this morning, they're updating their T&C's. Can't read it at present as I'm on a ship 🍉🍉🍉

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Had an email from Patreon this morning, they're updating their T&C's. Can't read it at present as I'm on a ship 🍉🍉🍉
I've had a very cursory scan but they don't seem to have closed the "eh you might get grifted, if you do just cancel/ask for a refund. The creator might not give you a refund lol, soz about that" loophole :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
314F5995-D3F1-48E8-B227-476371F38F26.jpeg

This was mine. And it’s just brought back deeply buried memoirs of tuna and mayonnaise sandwich spread sandwiches which I hated but my mum insisted on serving me every day for years, for some unknown reason. And lukewarm orange squash which took on the taste of the plastic flask. Vom.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
This has probably been mentioned but I can’t see the tip link on her front page anymore on the hellsite. It used to take you to her patreon.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
View attachment 1964196
This was mine. And it’s just brought back deeply buried memoirs of tuna and mayonnaise sandwich spread sandwiches which I hated but my mum insisted on serving me every day for years, for some unknown reason. And lukewarm orange squash which took on the taste of the plastic flask. Vom.
I once told my mum I had enjoyed the corned beef sandwiches she'd made me, I then got them every day for the remainder of my time at school.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I can't think of anything worse than living within popping in distance of me mum an dad personally. They must still wipe her arse for her. I always wondered whether the source of the beef/strained relationship with her brother was the tension and resentment that arises when 1 sibling monopolises the parents to the detriment of another who gets treated like an afterthought.

Looking like her biggest achievement this year to date will be beating zelensky in the grifties. What a life.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
View attachment 1964196
I was helping a friend move out of her family home. Myself and her dad were packing stuff into boxes. We came across a "forever friends" Teddy.

I asked him "who gave Fifi this forever friends bear?" (Name changed to protect the guilty)

He said, quick as a flash "no idea, but whoever it was she'll have fallen out with them." 😂😂😂

To make it more Jack relevant, I wonder if she has packed all those rubbish trinkets and crap that people keep "for sentimental reasons"?

Don't answer that, we've seen how many boxes she's got, so of course she has.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Jack's anecotes of the time she spends with SB always sound like massive fibs - like what Jack thinks cute, irreverant mother-son interactions should sound like. It's much more sad, however, if you consider the possibility they might actually be real. Some of them probably are.

Kids at SB's age raised by narcs learn how to placate them and keep them in a good mood. He'll know that getting her to talk about how she's a prodigy at chess, or offering to take pictures of her because she's just so beautiful will keep her off his back for a little bit, during the brief time periods she spends with him. Just endure her narcissistic honking for 10 minutes and she'll soon get bored and move on to somebody or something else.
This is a really good point, it’s not unlike living with a coercive partner. It must be torturous living with Jack, and that’s just the food.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.