Jack Monroe #477 I wish all millionaires cared about others like you do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she really tells on herself when she talks about SB, she has no idea how to even fake being a good parent! i've barely seen my nearly-13 year old this half term, she's been out with her mates or upstairs in her room doing whatever it is they do at that age. it's such an important time to start developing your own identity, SB must absolutely dread his required visits
She does, doesn't she? I know every child is different but she can't even make normal sounding stuff up. It's so weird. Like she's stuck with this vision of him at 7 or 8. I also hate to break it to her but if she thinks having a child has been expensive so far, she ain't seen nothing yet!

Reactions: 42
I really feel my CV is missing a shag with a grim famous person. I might have to head to Southend with a Rustlers quarter pounder.
Merail: I once snogged the trumpet player from the backing band of (I want to say) Mica Paris’s band in a nightclub in Shrewsbury.

I’m pretty sure it was Mica Paris’s band (and I’ve always maintained that it was) but I was ever so pissed too cool to check. Anyway - it was fleeting and I never grew him tomatoes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I’ve got a famous but I want to do it in a museum now. And I don’t even want to do it really, just want the museum kudos.
Jack gets her pumble licked by a rugby player called the Yorkshire Rimmer round the back of some shops in Huddersfield, pass it on

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She does, doesn't she? I know every child is different but she can't even make normal sounding stuff up. It's so weird. Like she's stuck with this vision of him at 7 or 8. I also hate to break it to her but if she thinks having a child has been expensive so far, she ain't seen nothing yet!
💯

I remember thinking when mine were little that it would be much easier when they were older. How stupid was I?! And the cost! I've said it before but sweet LJC, mine eat like they've never eaten before and they are all tall and skinny. My 13 year old has gone all Kevin and Perry on us as well, so every day is very interesting 👀 and I can hand on heart say that at no point does he find anything I've done previously, impressive in any way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
she really tells on herself when she talks about SB, she has no idea how to even fake being a good parent! i've barely seen my nearly-13 year old this half term, she's been out with her mates or upstairs in her room doing whatever it is they do at that age. it's such an important time to start developing your own identity, SB must absolutely dread his required visits
So much this. 13 yr olds don't wanna play chess with their ma at half term. If they do, they don't want you to tweet about it. She always paints him like a little nerd, an extension of her geek persona if that's the 1 she's wearing that day.

• Sad
Reactions: 64
If she was breadcrumbing a relationship or even a shag with Russell Brand in 2017, that's despicable. Brand has been in a relationship since 2015, had a baby with his partner in November 2016, and married her in August 2017. I'm not saying that being in a relationship is a guarantee of fidelity, but if you're going to lie, it's wicked to imply that your duck buddy is being unfaithful to someone else.
But he's only a man...who looked temptation in the face and fucked her...I mean, who can resist Jack? She's so Not Like Other Girls that a mere mortal man wouldn't be able to help himself. A tattooed siren, a tigress in a gray pullover, a coked-out Cinderella just waiting for her Prince.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Russel brand is like an advert for stds. I would rather get sewn up that let the cretin near me. Anyhoo her interactions with him scream to me a parent who doesnt seem to understand how best to interact with their kid. Hes probably watched the queens gambit thought that's cool mentioned it to his mum and shes hopped on it because she doesnt know how to respond or do conventional things with him, most teens in the holidays like a few quid thrown at them and left off in town preferably with mates or alone to mooch around with a meeting point at a decent teen friendly chain restaurant where their parent pays for some food before they return to the depths of their room. Welll any teen i know likes this.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Hi all. I'm a lurker in these threads but I've committed the last month of my life to grunking about 250 of them and I have one burning question - did we ever find out what was in the box from spacesquig? Thankyou now duck off x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
So much this. 13 yr olds don't wanna play chess with their ma at half term. If they do, they don't want you to tweet about it. She always paints him like a little nerd, an extension of her geek persona if that's the 1 she's wearing that day.
I worry what will happen if his form of adolescent rebellion leads him to reject her allegedly leftist positions and take up with your far-right party--Ukip is it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
💯

I remember thinking when mine were little that it would be much easier when they were older. How stupid was I?! And the cost! I've said it before but sweet LJC, mine eat like they've never eaten before and they are all tall and skinny. My 13 year old has gone all Kevin and Perry on us as well, so every day is very interesting 👀 and I can hand on heart say that at no point does he find anything I've done previously, impressive in any way.
I'd like to think I was only an average tit as a teenager but even so can say with confidence that the chances of 12/13 year old me requesting to learn chess from one of my parents on a HT afternoon is basically nil. Especially if my mild expression of curiosity was met with a barrage of HONKING about being the bestest chess Jack on the entire Thames Estuary (beside being a bona fide biblical authority who - did you know - is ALSO MOVING HOUSE!)

• Haha
Hi all. I'm a lurker in these threads but I've committed the last month of my life to grunking about 250 of them and I have one burning question - did we ever find out what was in the box from spacesquig? Thankyou now duck off x
Sadly no 😂
Though much speculation it was Liverpool FC related.
I've also missed who her crush likened her to if it wasn't Eva Green 😂 Anyone know who it was?

(Welcome Btw tenderstem).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Sadly no 😂
Though much speculation it was Liverpool FC related.
I've also missed who her crush likened to if it wasn't Eva Green 😂 Anyone know who it was?

(Welcome Btw tenderstem).
I can't lie I'm upset, you should see how quickly I start scrolling everytime a thread would bring up the parcel possibly being opened!! More anticlimaxes than my ex but absolute comedy gold so it's swings and roundabouts

I am honoured to be welcomed in

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I'm doing the new thread, give me a min. Prepare to send recap-os as I am not yet fully grunked but cannot stand the unruly nature of this thread.

Edit: here we go! TOOT TOOT

• Heart
  • Haha
So true ! As a doddery old granny now I treasure the time I get to spend with my 17 yr old granddaughter as she relies on us to pick her up after her driving lessons. I'm probs going to scupper her test 😉

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.