Jack Monroe #477 I wish all millionaires cared about others like you do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t it odd that a poor single mum seems to be able to just pop to the pub at the drop of a hat. 1. Where’s her child 2. How can she afford it! It’s not like she’s having half a cider and black and meeting her mates, she’s going to the pub for a whiskey and to knit. Bizarre.
She’d totally forgotten her poor struggling single mum shtick on the Gloss group. It was all ‘look at this spenny new make up I’ve got!’ ‘Which expensive new dress should I buy?’

That said, she did a beg for new make up brushes ‘for a friend’

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
I am so taken with my Jack-like genius in pairing Jack’s blouse quotes with Yvette, Maria and Mimi that I’d like to propose a new game where we pair nonsensical Jack quotes with the people we think really should have said them.

I’ll start.
”You laugh now, you’ll be crying later. I say that to my son a lot“ (Greenbelt speech 2017)
0891FB26-ECB0-4D2C-82F2-8E1508E97780.jpeg
NO WIRE HANGERS!

ETA duck me now that I’ve posted that, it’s actually a lot more horrifying than I thought ☹ Have spoilered Faye with a TW

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
She’d totally forgotten her poor struggling single mum shtick on the Gloss group. It was all ‘look at this spenny new make up I’ve got!’ ‘Which expensive new dress should I buy?’

That said, she did a beg for new make up brushes ‘for a friend’
She seems to think social media platforms operate in different dimensions. Bizarre behaviour from a so called genius. I'd have some sympathy for her if she wasn't such a grifting twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I guess it's possible that Jack was breadcrumbing a mutual crush with RB back in 2017. They certainly met at Bluebird event in November 2016. God, can you imagine the unwashed stench if those 2 were in a room together :sick:

I'd laugh and laugh and laugh if the bloke suing Lee Anderson wipes him out financially leaving nothing in the bank for Jack. Seeing as how he has started legal action first I assume he'll get first crack at his assets.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
And absolutely nobody on Patreon has commented to say they received anything.
---

Framed photo card is available only on the £44 a month tier.
Coming from the past to say I'm pretty sure this squig was referring to a print from bigcartel, not a Patreon reward.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Given that the cookery writing is on it's arse and Jack's 2022 devouring of tawdry psych-thrillers, perhaps it should come as no surprise that she has turned her had to fiction? ;)
Screenshot_20230215_095204_Yahoo Mail.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I'm not sure if this is a regular thing but I have noticed these weird spikes in Boon's follower count and I wondered if maybe she was reactivating sock accounts that follow her and then closing them again. I'm probably wrong but it makes you think. Not for long, but still.

View attachment 1959513
Boon because the nose is now at Micheal Elphick proportions? I am lost, sweet tenderised rump steak.
1676455794192.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I guess it's possible that Jack was breadcrumbing a mutual crush with RB back in 2017. They certainly met at Bluebird event in November 2016. God, can you imagine the unwashed stench if those 2 were in a room together :sick:

I'd laugh and laugh and laugh if the bloke suing Lee Anderson wipes him out financially leaving nothing in the bank for Jack. Seeing as how he has started legal action first I assume he'll get first crack at his assets.
The idea of getting first crack at Lee Anderson's assets has put me right off my crumpets.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
TW It's that fine rain that soaks you through
A friend of mine was once stood behind a girl in a queue in a Glasgow branch of Tesco, the girl was speaking to someone on her phone and referring to the weather outside "Aye, it's raining, but like in that pure fanny way."

In my limited experience of polyamorous relationships, it seems to be an incredibly easy way for manipulative, abusive narc assholes to hide in plain sight. My ex would stand me up at the last minute to see his other partners or compare me to them to try and make me feel tit about myself. When I inevitably complained, I'd get some gaslight-y "Well, this is what you signed up for" justification. He also hated it if I spent time with other people and would regularly give me the silent treatment for weeks at a time if I'd hung out with someone else I was seeing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Boon because the nose is now at Micheal Elphick proportions? I am lost, sweet tenderised rump steak.
View attachment 1961497
Boon because he was an ex-firefighter who then went on to help people less fortunate than himself, like our heroine.
From the wiki, which is hilarious if you keep JM in mind. She thinks she's Boon:
Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 10.12.16.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Also, I don’t know why but I’m just WTFing and laughing at “I’d put a nice blouse on to make them take me seriously” in the IDS tale.
View attachment 1961163

What is it about early-mid 20s Jack and “nice blouses”?

View attachment 1961159
And continually calling the paper “the newspaper(s)” for that matter. (And the “lady” coming from the “newspaper”)
View attachment 1961168

I know she’s trying to go for wide-eyed naïf, but does she know how bleeping imbecilic (and how much of a cloistered twit) she sounds?

It’s all as if it’s 1964 and she’s about 55.

Like she’s binge watched too much Endeavor and thought “If that’s how the good honest stout-hearted non-University educated housewives of 1960s Oxford do it, that will indeed be how I, Jack Monroe do humble working class!”
I wonder if she also has a Snazzy cardigan?
cardi.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Back to the occasional series about employing Tattle phrases IRL. Every morning when I chuck on my clothes to take ol fuzz face out for her morning toilette as I lok around for my TRAZZERS I have to exclaim loudly ‘TRAZZERS? ON A BIRD?’ . I have a little cackle every time. Dog just doesn’t get it 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.