Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have up about halfway through when someone sidled up to her in a swimming pool and told her her book saved his life. ("Your book saved my life at uni"...I wonder if she thought he meant she literally saved her life...?!)

At least she seems to recognise her charmed life of titting about writing for the guardian
Bit of a risk isn't it if you can't swim?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Whenever we have cream in the house it eventually becomes part of the “guess what I used to be” game when we clean the fridge
I tend to add a little trickle in place of the same amount of milk in a sauce, scrambled eggs, or for a luxurious posh mash, likely with cheese as well for a Delia recipe fish / cottage pie. That would be the dregs from a left over pot though, not like whole extra leftover pots because cream is expensive and I tend to only buy what I'm going to use. As it's perishable innit. Please note for Thrifty Kitchen the Sequel, top shopping list tip, don't buy 3 pots of cream if the recipe calls for half a pot.

You can buy that #thriftytipalongtip for a large sum of £££s from me 🛎🔚

• Haha
Reactions: 47
for melon reasons, we talk a lot about this gent at home atm. His name was Joseph, not John, the saviour figure Frederick Treves couldn’t even be arsed to get his name right. Just wanted to mention that for him 💚
Off topic well I didn’t know that, so thanks for letting me know.
I could actually cry when I think about what he went through. I clearly have a lot more to learn about him; I thought Treves was kind to him.
Any further reading, please feel free to share.

---

We use Elizabeth Arden in our house. For everything.
Even for drizzling on blended soups?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Never mind Gary Wilmot's agent being confused if they spot a previous thread title, just imagine how this golfer is going to feel.

munro.JPG

I'm keeping an eye on the line up at this festival.

One of the organisers recently tweeted that they'd sent Jack a DM not long before Jack guffed on about all the festival etc. offers in her inbox. Seems exactly the sort of woke and wanky place she'd go and honk at (sorry not sorry to any Fraus who may have attended this festival)

Watching you, pal.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Screenshot 2023-01-24 22.15.37.png

Journalist with bylines everywhere (Guardian, Telegraph, Times, Vice, Mail, Pitchfork, NME +others)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
Never mind Gary Wilmot's agent being confused if they spot a previous thread title, just imagine how this golfer is going to feel.

View attachment 1908093

I'm keeping an eye on the line up at this festival.

One of the organisers recently tweeted that they'd sent Jack a DM not long before Jack guffed on about all the festival etc. offers in her inbox. Seems exactly the sort of woke and wanky place she'd go and honk at (sorry not sorry to any Fraus who may have attended this festival)

Watching you, pal.

Haha I read that profile as 'professional grifter on the PGA tour' and was momentarily confused. In my defence, it's late, I'm past my prime and my eyesight is not what it was. Send contactlensos.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Mr Lazarus wanted to stay up late to watch something on the telly at 10:30pm, and I was in the other room. Imagine my fear when I heard him shout “duck this, I can’t do it any more, I’m off”

dear reader, I assumed he was doing a Jack and breadcrumbing something awful and fatal, however it turns out he just kept falling asleep on the sofa and so has taken himself off to bed and will catch the programme on iplayer tomorrow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I just had to comment on Jack's fabulous campaigning having such an influence everywhere..
1) the school grifting off Viv & friends (you know they charged £1 for the mufti)
2) The festival using tricksy wording saying "most of" the acts are "all" included

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Public account then? Can you name or hint pls JenJen?
He's only got about 6,000 followers so I can't name him. If you copy and paste the text below into Twitter that should take you to him.

'Crazy how Jack Monroe still gets feted in the media after the evidence that she's a grifter and scammer is so plain and plentiful. Awfully Molly did an amazing job laying it all out.'

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Me teaching a phonics lesson the other day:

“F, r, au, d… fraud. Anyone know what a fraud is??”

I ended up saying it was someone who takes your money when you don’t want them to 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm still not entirely sure how i feel about awfully molly

like, yes, she did an "amazing job laying it all out" and now every time jack tweets, there's more and more valid criticism

but she also did an "amazing job" of stealing everything for her blog from here

dunno i guess 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Dear Ninnies,
During this quiet time I feel the need to tell you that in the staffroom yesterday 🍉, I said that someone had really grated my mushrooms 🍄
Dearhearts, I'm not sure anyone understood me... 🤷‍♀️

Anyone else find their canal parlance slipping into real life?

Tenderstems? Anyone? Is it just me?
Go well pals ✌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.