Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never actually watched this before. Blimey. She’s just awful. And now we’re seeing more and more about how unprofessional and unreliable she’s been for years, I am left astounded that anyone has been giving her any paid gigs whatsoever. There’s no justice in this world, is there?
The total lack of enthusiasm is quite something. Usually people who have written a book about something are passionate about it or at least professional enough to familiarise themselves with contents before speaking about it. She's just so 'will this do' about everything unless she's banging on about her suffering during THE POVERTY or whatever absurd lies she's concocted to make herself seem halfway interesting.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
Given that it has rained 147 days out of the last 150 here, and the whole of Ayrshire, Lanarkshire and Dunbartonshire are slowly sinking into the mud...I'd gently, sweetly, softly advise against it. I met two men coming off the West Highland Way at Milngavie the other day, and they were genuinely traumatised by how grim the conditions were (the warm winter means what is normally frozen ground, easy to walk on, is a boggy slog) .

And these lads were experienced walkers and wild-campers, not a southern doughball who claims to have arthritis and has never gone wild camping in her life, nevermind wild camping with an unhappy child, a rambunctious dog, and 35mm of rain per hour landing atop her head. Good lord, I think that if Mountain Rescue had to go out and save them they would probably charge her with wasting time and resources, just like they did those eejits who attempted Ben Nevis in flip-flops.

(Seriously though, there is no solid ground left in Scotlands' Central Belt, the mud has consumed us all, please send help, rubber dinghies and dry socks. )
Southern doughball 😂 is she Southend's answer to the Pilsbury boy?
Cupace20230125000718.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
In this DRAMATIC PAUSE from Twitter, I have watched the scabby-clothed Edinburgh talk again. The mask slips SO QUICKLY at around 10 minutes (you only have to watch the minute) when SHE WASNT EXPECTING TO BE ASKED THIS

Really makes you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I get the distinct impression that Nazi Nan was a bit disapproving of Big D and Big E's strict Christian household. The younger Jack may have found her place as a bit of a refuge from righteousness, which is probably why Big D appears to dislike her.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
YES! I have to fight the urge to call my pals Tenderstems as I wish them to Go Well. One day I’ll crack like Jack fighting the urge to sing to a captive crowd.

now duck off.
Yep. I call my cats Ninnies all the time and if some of someone is doing bad driving I am less likely to call them a prick and more likely to say “oh dear, are you doing a chaos!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
That's the fella from Gimme Gimme Gimme on the left and a Jack Doppelganger in glasses in the middle. The other 2 look like they're in the wrong room and are too polite to get up and leave.
You're right! He does look like Tom and he doesn't exactly look enthralled doesn't he? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It's quite a performance to lie like that on an evangelical Christian platform, especially if that's your own background.
From the past, but I actually feel like an evangelical Christian platform is exactly the sort of place where Jack gets most bang for her buck out of her lies. The more extravagant the "sinful" past, the more impact it has when it's "redeemed" (in whatever form: AA, NA, committing your life to Jesus etc.), and therefore the more attention you get; but you are also not likely to get a lot of pushback on the story because everyone thinks it's marvellous that you're on the straight and narrow again.

Jack should try Catholic confessional. You squint and try to remember every bad thing you've done since you last sat in what is essentially a wardrobe and told a priest about your life; said priest absolves you in a very bored voice and suggests some Hail Marys that you never get round to doing. Job done.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Screenshot_20230125_002536_Firefox.jpg

This is like someone just asked AI to chuck out an image of 'room of guardian readers who like cats'.

I am a Graun reading cat lover

• Haha
Reactions: 75
Southern doughball 😂 is she Southend's answer to the Pilsbury boy?
View attachment 1908285
After writing that I realised that "doughball" is a specifically West of Scotland bit of slang, whoops!

It does not refer to anything about the persons appearance, it means more that where their brain should be, there is instead a lump of underproved dough. Simply put, they are an uninteresting fool. :)

Glaswegian is a wonderful dialect to insult people in. We have 300 words for "idiot".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Did she write that? 😂
Lol weirdly it’s that journalist Rosamund Irwin who completely had the measure of Jack in 2017.

But was a lot more effusive about her in 2015. Article contains the dreaded clit clams. WARNED

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I get the distinct impression that Nazi Nan was a bit disapproving of Big D and Big E's strict Christian household. The younger Jack may have found her place as a bit of a refuge from righteousness, which is probably why Big D appears to dislike her.
I was assuming Nazi Nan was from the DIRE ROASTIES branch of the family tree, rather than his own Mamapapa from the Slumlord Millionaire branch.
3FAB8096-F445-49DE-8F5B-58A41BA34E38.jpeg

Edit: Hotes, Jinx!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Hang on, who outed Nazi Nan? If Big D called his own mum a closet Nazi this family has more issues than Take a Break, and just as bonkers!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Lol weirdly it’s that journalist Rosamund Irwin who completely had the measure of Jack in 2017.

But was a lot more effusive about her in 2015. Article contains the dreaded clit clams. WARNED
The 2017 interview is quite something. Amongst the other gems (failing at being a lesbian… well no sh*t! You don’t say!), I hadn’t appreciated Jack claimed to have been an alcoholic but also to have recovered from alcoholism as far back as that.

I do understand recovery isn’t always linear, and I have a drinking problem myself that I’m slowly recovering from which sometimes goes a little backwards and forwards, but wasn’t it some years later Jack claimed to have realised she had an issue with drinking and told the story of how she recovered from it in a whole column — as though it was a new / recent thing?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I reckon Nazi Nan is innocent. She probably just gets fed up when they come round to visit and starts saying wild stuff like 'Hitler was totes amazeballs' to get them to leave in protest. I don't think I could handle Big Dave and Jack at the same time especially if there was a gold trifle on the go.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I reckon Nazi Nan is innocent. She probably just gets fed up when they come round to visit and starts saying wild stuff like 'Hitler was totes amazeballs' to get them to leave in protest. I don't think I could handle Big Dave and Jack at the same time especially if there was a gold trifle on the go.
To be fair I’m practically Karl Marx until Jack appears, and then my views go to the right of Thatcher

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97

I've never understood why she plays coy with her voting (a sample is these screenies from the above article.)

IMO, if you're talking* about politics that's because you have VIEWS and OPINIONS and a firm stance and an ability to discuss.

My conclusion is that Jack doesn't have an original idea, let alone an objective analysis, in her "doe-eyed" head.
Screenshot_20230125_120914_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230125_120930_Chrome.jpg

* in Jack's case bleating endlessly about how you talk about politics

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.