Jack Monroe #466 I'm heterosexual so I'm buying a guinea pig for Gary Wilmot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The same woman who tweeted about refusing to pay 30p for ketchup to go with her hideous battered sausage is gonna rethink her colour scheme cos her olive green leather chair doesn't go with anything. Anyone who gave her a penny; you've been had.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Fraus, my partner was prescribed tramadol this week for the first time. They took the recommended dose, 1 tablet, this afternoon. I’m currently staring at a heap of person under a blanket slowly, gently making suckling noises along with the occasional low frequency hum. (She’s fine, just never had it before)
It made me howl with laughter at the thought of a smol pixie popping 40 along with a bottle of whiskey! Mx Dummy Fingers said between humming and sucking “bleeping hell, I wouldn’t be able to function on one of these Monday to Friday.”.
Not quite the controlled conditions needed for a bullshit test, but I think it covers it!😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
I don't really post here anymore, but because I do occasionally feel like showing up to be a downer -

As a former supermarket worker, please don't hide stock for shits and giggles. If causing needless hassle to low-paid workers in exchange for internet cool points wasn't funny when Jack and Louisa did it, why are people celebrating it now?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 137
Exactly it's all nonsense. One barrister unless you have a KC and a junior. And they wouldn't necessarily be involved at this point anyway!
Praise Beans 🙏. Sometimes when I read Jack's utter guff I question myself and feel like I'm going nuts. Surely a barrister only gets involved when the case has been put together? They aren't involved in the painstaking and forensic research?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
How is Jack suing 30p Lee?

For a comment on Twitter, her response matters. She did not contact Lee privately or otherwise to ask he removed it. Nor did she refute his comment in a professional manner.

No, she retweeted it with a threat. Said she’d have his house. Straight off the bat this shows a desire to sue for profit, not as a direct result of loss or defamation to character - which is incredibly difficult to prove given her own poor actions (advocating theft, criticising the then PMs deceased son etc).

Lee confirms he’s never been asked to remove it. To raise a case, this would be the first - the very first! - question asked. It would have a preliminary hearing to hear the case details and confirm under what section of the law the claimant is asserting was breached. You may be asked dates and times etc and if you can support your claim but it’s not a hearing and you will not be asked for evidence at this stage.

After that you’ll usually get a court date for some time in the distant future, there’s a huge backlog. You do not need a team of lawyers, paralegals or anything else. Claims are done via internet form, communication with the court is via email and the preliminary hearing is via the phone. You may need a junior lawyer or paralegal. One. One who will likely be on twenty other cases at any one time.

And until you have that court date, you’re suing no-one. As soon as the claim is filed, the respondent is made aware. Lee has not removed the original tweet nor issued an apology. No claim has been filed. If it was, he could use truth or opinion as a defence, quite frankly, it’s both.

I have an awful feeling that this suing tweeting is off the back of 30p Lee being back in the news and since grifty kitchen flopped she’s edging back into full tip jar rattling. She needs to squeeze what she can to move. Shameless.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 98
I don't really post here anymore, but because I do occasionally feel like showing up to be a downer -

As a former supermarket worker, please don't hide stock for shits and giggles. If causing needless hassle to low-paid workers in exchange for internet cool points wasn't funny when Jack and Louisa did it, why are people celebrating it now?
I’m so glad someone else has said this, I was thinking the same. I also think it gives her more ammunition to claim GK flopped because of an orchestrated ‘troll campaign’ rather than because it was full of dangerous, tit advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
How is Jack suing 30p Lee?

For a comment on Twitter, her response matters. She did not contact Lee privately or otherwise to ask he removed it. Nor did she refute his comment in a professional manner.

No, she retweeted it with a threat. Said she’d have his house. Straight off the bat this shows a desire to sue for profit, not as a direct result of loss or defamation to character - which is incredibly difficult to prove given her own poor actions (advocating theft, criticising the then PMs deceased son etc).

Lee confirms he’s never been asked to remove it. To raise a case, this would be the first - the very first! - question asked. It would have a preliminary hearing to hear the case details and confirm under what section of the law the claimant is asserting was breached. You may be asked dates and times etc and if you can support your claim but it’s not a hearing and you will not be asked for evidence at this stage.

After that you’ll usually get a court date for some time in the distant future, there’s a huge backlog. You do not need a team of lawyers, paralegals or anything else. Claims are done via internet form, communication with the court is via email and the preliminary hearing is via the phone. You may need a junior lawyer or paralegal. One. One who will likely be on twenty other cases at any one time.

And until you have that court date, you’re suing no-one. As soon as the claim is filed, the respondent is made aware. Lee has not removed the original tweet nor issued an apology. No claim has been filed. If it was, he could use truth or opinion as a defence, quite frankly, it’s both.

I have an awful feeling that this suing tweeting is off the back of 30p Lee being back in the news and since grifty kitchen flopped she’s edging back into full tip jar rattling. She needs to squeeze what she can to move. Shameless.
It's one of the fundamental maxims of equity: 'those who come to equity must come with clean hands' ironically of which we have abundant evidence she doesn't have theoretical or literal clean hands...

Reactions: 34
So hypothetically if she runs out of time to put in the libel case and we get to May, does that mean Lee could say the same thing again without any impact? Or would that be a new issue?

Reactions: 26
Oh he's an absolute silver fox isn't he? Love him on Celebrity Gogglebox 😍

Is it just me that thought, the alleged abuse Jack said she had received was written in her overblown writing style? The "charring, twisting, screaming" 🤔
She could be describing some of her food with that as well 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 23

My concern is that if they go "missing" and Jack somehow finds out about it (shrink stats?), she'll make a big thing about how people have been so desperate to access her book they've stolen it and then get the publisher to distribute a PDF or similar of basically the whole thing for free (now they've surely given up on profit it could happen).

Instant "best seller" status as the hellsite finds out and loads download it just to take the piss, and she can claim she's helped so many people and isn't she benevolent giving up future profits.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Oooh please can you do her as the crab from Moana? He liked having lots of shiny things too. And he was a colossal dick for no good reason, and defeated by his own pointless greed in the end, basically Jack in crustacean form. Or at least as close as Disney could realistically get in a kids’ film - no suicide baiting etc.

Although he could sing properly.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.