Jack Monroe #466 I'm heterosexual so I'm buying a guinea pig for Gary Wilmot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of LBC Radio’s presenter does a weekly basket update. They costed a basket of items a year ago (bread, milk, pasta, bread, butter, chicken etc) and every week they do an update on the cost. I think this week it was £15, she they started it was £9 (rough figures as can’t remember exactly ).

It is so simple and effective in talking about the cost of living increase, minimum input with a clear output. Jack could have done something like this, updated Twitter and made her point without having to triangulate a few hundred faded receipts from random punters around the country!
Or she could have just used trolley.co.uk where you can enter the product and get a detailed graph of the price over the year, and can even see the price changes in the different supermarkets. I don’t think Jack understands how data works though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
:m < looks like a dancing Mushroom..

He's dancing because it's party day..
Yay.

Now don't forget it all starts at 6pm at the Canterlot Hall, Milton Keynes, MK1MLP
Theres a prize for best Jack Cosplay.
A prize for worst Trifle
A prize for best Pumble.
And a super duper secret special guest.
In honour of the VBI Anniversary nothing and no one will show up because it's all lies.
Are you telling me that I have to get my pumble out?? Outrageous.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
All those copied and pasted links on the Vinegar Boss Intdex have set my teeth so on edge they've fallen off the cliff. But I suppose that web design sloppiness is quite apt.

(For the uninitiated, pasting a link like that is a nightmare for those who use screen readers etc. One should use a contextualised hyperlink e.g. Call for Evidence, Books by Jack Monroe. It's a very niche pet peeve of mine 🍕)
And mine. Laziness that puts me off looking at stuff (that and *any* site with complicated cookie choices, it gets a straight nope from me).

Reactions: 30
For stress. She told the audience that she goes into anaphylactic shock if she’s stressed so has to carry three pens with her at all times even if she leaves them on another floor in a Sainsbury’s bag.

Fair play to Kit de Waal for keeping a straight face through most of that interview.
I mean I'm no pharmacist. However, when you're stressed you release epinephrine (adrenaline) to assist with a fight or flight response. It's why your heart rate speeds up and sometimes you feel like you need to use the loo to help you run fast from predators right? So why, if the release of adrenaline is making you unwell, would you want to carry 3 pens containing epinephrine to resolve your moment of stress?

This is the absolute opposite of a good idea.

Effectively like taking some sunpat with you if you have a nut allergy?! Those people need adrenaline. If it's the adrenaline itself making *you* ill (?!) don't take 3 more shots of it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
For stress. She told the audience that she goes into anaphylactic shock if she’s stressed so has to carry three pens with her at all times even if she leaves them on another floor in a Sainsbury’s bag.

Fair play to Kit de Waal for keeping a straight face through most of that interview.
Ok...I'm going to ask this even though I already know the answer (I think), but is that even a thing? She couldn't be...lying...could she?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
The thing about her recklessly spending money is that she doesn't even give the impression of having (had) a good time with her money. (I am not counting the forced 'living my best life toot toot' posts)
Exactly. She's just got loads and loads of stuff for the sake of stuff. When I spend money it's on good quality fabric which I will enjoy working with, and I get genuine enjoyment from the process of finding the right pattern and so on. I focus on quality and will wait until I find the right thing (I mithered for weeks before buying a lap desk so I could be comfortable using my tablet computer on the sofa so I could be sure I bought the right one). She seems to just "see it, want it, buy it" and I wonder how much of it is because she doesn't do anything for the money she receives - no patreon rewards, no legal cases, no Vimes Boots Index, so she doesn't value it and doesn't think it's worth being thoughtful over.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Just watched the first ten minutes of her Edinburgh Book Festival appearance with Kit De Waal and she reads from GFFBD. In that introduction she says that she carries an EpiPen in her bag. For WHAT??
Had to turn it off...that nasal whine combined with fraudulent applause has made me sick before I've even had breakfast.
Could it be for one of her SEVERE allergies, tender stem? Jack has said that she's allergic to tomatoes, onions and shellfish :unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I mean I'm no pharmacist. However, when you're stressed you release epinephrine (adrenaline) to assist with a fight or flight response. It's why your heart rate speeds up and sometimes you feel like you need to use the loo to help you run fast from predators right? So why, if the release of adrenaline is making you unwell, would you want to carry 3 pens containing epinephrine to resolve your moment of stress?

Effectively like taking some sunpat with you if you have a nut allergy?! Those people need adrenaline. If it's the adrenaline itself making *you* ill (?!) don't take 3 more shots of it.
Good point dearheart. I take propranolol when I get awash with stress and anxiety to stop me shaking like a
shitting
dog

ETA: Messed up that spoiler. Send ECDL cash-os

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Firstly, condolences to dragon for the loss of their sister 💔

Onto Jack and her RA:
View attachment 1898927
Her GP said it SEEMS she has RA. She cried a lot (assume that’s the photo on the left *cringe*) but onwards and upwards; she’s putting her best face forward.

Every single thing I’ve ever read about this woman confirms to me she has nae pals.
This is what does my nut. She's incredibly thick if she thinks GPs dish out these kind of diagnoses. A GP *might* say RA could be one of the explanations but tests are needed first elsewhere. Someone I know has recently been diagnosed with it by a consultant after a GP referral. As one would expect.

Why is she so stupid? What does she share all this tit with strangers on the internet? It's like the paint stuff and the chair crap yesterday. Just why? These are not meaningful interactions!

Reactions: 51
This is what does my nut. She's incredibly thick if she thinks GPs dish out these kind of diagnoses. A GP *might* say RA could be one of the explanations but tests are needed first elsewhere. Someone I know has recently been diagnosed with it by a consultant after a GP referral. As one would expect.

Why is she so stupid? What does she share all this tit with strangers on the internet? It's like the paint stuff and the chair crap yesterday. Just why? These are not meaningful interactions!
But they are useful at burying things 🤷‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Good point dearheart. I take propranolol when I get awash with stress and anxiety to stop me shaking like a
shitting
dog
I did a course many years ago on it. When you think about yourself as a cave man running from a bear not wanting to be weighed down by a few extra grams of faeces as you run for your life, needing as much blood flow as you can through your limbs hence palpitations, it all makes sense.

The problem is the stress and triggers we have now don't often involve a need to physically run or fight, most are sat in a chair worrying about someone else, or money, or work. So the symptoms we get don't suit the help we need. Eg if I'm worried about someone else's health, what I really need is calm so I can consider how best to help. Not a pumping heart, wide eyes and the irrepressible need to defecate. That's not going to help anyone is it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

This is how she reveals just how stupid she is.

Of course because she me such a know it all she'd never care to check anything makes sense.

Reactions: 24
Thinking back to yesterday's discussion about Jack taking things that don't belong to her...

I know we've always scoffed at those stories, thinking they were flimsy cover for her having bought stuff whilst off her tits. But what if they're true?

For example: waste carriers will usually want to know what's in the skips that they collect - they pay for every kg that goes to landfill, so it's worth their while to remove anything that can be salvaged, sold, or recycled. That might not matter so much if it's just a couple of planks used to make a bench, but how about when it's an antique fluted barrel wingback leather library chair that could easily have gone to an auctioneer?

Every time Jack tells us about taking a Burberry scarf from a puddle, or a sleigh from a stranger's garden, or furniture from a skip, she's telling us that she's stealing.

I think we should consider taking her at her word, and start pointing out loudly and clearly that she's a thief.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Ok...I'm going to ask this even though I already know the answer (I think), but is that even a thing? She couldn't be...lying...could she?
Oh no! Obviously not! She's a medical conundrum, she is!
(Also, a quick suggestion, Jack: do you want most if your problems to go away? Stop lying, mate. If you can manage it, that is).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s definitely joined my two other favourites, Why you sob, Russel Hobb and Pet Cemetery in a Rucksack.

I wish someone would softly, gently ask her about the Vandalised Beans Ibex. She was so very giddy about it this time last year, getting praise from all quarters and earnestly informing us it would take the weekend to pull together. The fact that people still believe it exists, and point to it as a good thing Jack has done is an absolute travesty.
Somebody should ask her, and tag all the delusional blue ticks who bigged it up

Reactions: 25
I think she must have lost the password to the page or something. The fact she can't even correct 'intdex' is beyond me.
Funking hell. I genuinely thought it was a parody page created by mithering tattle ninnies.
She actually did this and her legion stans maintain she's doing A Good Thing.
Chapeau Jack, you are truly untouchable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

That may be my favourite load of bs ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
How will Jack celebrate VBI anniversary day?
Another stroll through Southend's fair streets to sing and leer at unsuspecting males after 20 years of lesbianing?
Or hanging around paint shops honking at the owner about swatches and matchpots.
It's a big decision in a town called Thorpe Bay.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Urgh urgh, rattling again!
If a Patreon subscriber should chance to scroll by, remember:

Tramadol and sideboards - yes.
VBI or virtuous ‘good works’ - no.

That’s what you’re paying for chums.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.