Jack Monroe #466 I'm heterosexual so I'm buying a guinea pig for Gary Wilmot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So it’s Saturday 21st January, the One Year Anniversary of the non-appearance of the Voluptuous Bootilicious Index, and the party has started 🥳

Jack has turned up with some of her neck-beard Stans, she’s kicking off a bit, and has brought her lads for support….they might be those randoms she had round her house earlier tonight sitting on the bench she hauled up from a skip.

I’ve sent Kylie Minogue to the party, she hates grifters, they really grind Kylie’s gears, she’s a secret Frau, and she has a few choice words to say to Jack.

Anyway ‘Let’s get this party started”…..it’s been 1 long year of VBI chaos…well nothing really happened, just empty promises, a very strange uneventful year-long chaos it’s been. 🥳

View attachment 1898952
This is brilliant, dear tenderstem heart, love it! Happy VBI non-appearance anniversary everyone! We never dreamed that this day would come (I kid, I kid! We ALL knew that this day would come, teehee!)

Just one small, teensy weensy detail @SmillieKylie; all those neckbeards are way too young. Can you edit them a lot grayer and much much fatter please for (forensic) accuracy? More losery, like Russ in Cheshire, less Hoxton hipster. Thanks for all that you do - go well pal!

xxx

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Happy birthday tenderstem, here is your pressie as requested - https://www.vimesbootsindex.co.uk/. The Vimes Boots Intdex in all its glory. Please note the uploading of Jack's media appearances and also the link to buy her books at the end. Yourewelcome 🥰
The page was already archived in March 2022 (doubtless by another Frau) but I’ve also archived today on this special anniversary to show everything that Jack has achieved in a year https://web.archive.org/web/20230121092913/https://www.vimesbootsindex.co.uk/ ✨thanks for all you do Jack✨ you self-aggrandising twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
That's completely inaccurate. The beardy blokes who fawn over her on Twitter are way fatter than that
You do get quite a few of the weedy ones who still think Jack is a vegan chef.

Happy VBInotanniversary you bunch of mithering, jealous, periprandial fraus. Here’s to another year of Jack achieving absolutely nothing.🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 56
This is an excellent point.
every single blue tick account, media account, tv channel who shared this, encouraged it, platformed her, endorsed it and by proxy, encouraged those less well off to pay for it, should be spammed today.
THIS is what they encouraged people to pay for.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
No updates along the way, no anecdotal evidence, no project plans, notes about discussions with influential people. Nothing.
It’s absolutely bleeping disgusting. How much money, either through donations, publicity, appearances etc has she made on the back of this non-existent piece of work?
The fact it has a website where the main feature is a photo of the book quote its based on, and a link to buy her books, has turned me inside out with cringe. Imagine making a website for time sensitive work you haven't done and then not doing it. If she finishes it now it'll already be out of date 😂😂

She will have to do it in a weekend, for this weekend's prices alone, to stand any chance of it being accurate at the time of publication. Pasta near me has jumped 90p to £1 in the last maybe 2 weeks. Who wants to know what it cost in February 2022. 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
Does anybody else ever get a full body cringe when they remember they used to be a fan of hers?

Edit: I realise I've posted something similar before but since I just experienced the cringe in real time I thought I'd post.
BRB off to get some new material...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Firstly, condolences to dragon for the loss of their sister 💔

Onto Jack and her RA:
View attachment 1898927
Her GP said it SEEMS she has RA. She cried a lot (assume that’s the photo on the left *cringe*) but onwards and upwards; she’s putting her best face forward.

Every single thing I’ve ever read about this woman confirms to me she has nae pals.
So she never actually saw a rheumatologist? No blood tests? No ANA? No MRI? Nothing at all to back up that claim? No wonder when she lists out her coping techniques there’s no mention of medications to help, it’s all just wheat bags and ibuprofen, does she have any idea how an autoimmune disease actually works?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
All those copied and pasted links on the Vinegar Boss Intdex have set my teeth so on edge they've fallen off the cliff. But I suppose that web design sloppiness is quite apt.

(For the uninitiated, pasting a link like that is a nightmare for those who use screen readers etc. One should use a contextualised hyperlink e.g. Call for Evidence, Books by Jack Monroe. It's a very niche pet peeve of mine 🍕)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I’d not seen the VBI website before. It looks like she got a developer guy to make a GitHub too. Hahahaah.

Weird thing is, I think he has the same name as his Twitter handle. But looking at his account they don’t follow each other. He’s into all the standard boring bearded dad stuff, Simon Harris, lifeboats etc yet no follow for the pov princess? I wonder if she pissed him off mid-project.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Is it this month we’re hoping patreon subscribers will fall off a cliff?
I believe so, tenderstem. Anyone who signed up for an annual subscription following Nigella Lawson's pushing of the Patreon will have received a reminder, or will receive one very shortly, about the subscription renewal. Hopefully this will lead to a flurry of "duck no, where's that cancellation button?" reactions. Of course, a lot of people are basically stupid and there's no accounting for what they choose to spend their money on so
who knows.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 47
This is brilliant, dear tenderstem heart, love it! Happy VBI non-appearance anniversary everyone! We never dreamed that this day would come (I kid, I kid! We ALL knew that this day would come, teehee!)

Just one small, teensy weensy detail @SmillieKylie; all those neckbeards are way too young. Can you edit them a lot grayer and much much fatter please for (forensic) accuracy? More losery, like Russ in Cheshire, less Hoxton hipster. Thanks for all that you do - go well pal!

xxx
Thanks 😁 it is indeed true the neck-beards are usually mid 40s and upwards, and of a larger frame as a rule, but Jack doesn’t fancy them types, just takes their coin. Jack only fancies the hipster types who follow her, there are a few younger handsome ones, so they are the ones she invited to the VBI Anniversary party. As Jack said when she saw that busker yesterday “She don’t make the rules but she guesses she’ll gently marry one of them now”.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
It’s definitely joined my two other favourites, Why you sob, Russel Hobb and Pet Cemetery in a Rucksack.

I wish someone would softly, gently ask her about the Vandalised Beans Ibex. She was so very giddy about it this time last year, getting praise from all quarters and earnestly informing us it would take the weekend to pull together. The fact that people still believe it exists, and point to it as a good thing Jack has done is an absolute travesty.
Pet Cemetery in a Rucksack was my introduction to Jack on Tattle. Still cracks me up.
BTW has anyone shared this before?
20230121_184125.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 75
So she never actually saw a rheumatologist? No blood tests? No ANA? No MRI? Nothing at all to back up that claim? No wonder when she lists out her coping techniques there’s no mention of medications to help, it’s all just wheat bags and ibuprofen, does she have any idea how an autoimmune disease actually works?
No
Too short!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.