Jack Monroe #466 I'm heterosexual so I'm buying a guinea pig for Gary Wilmot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy birthday tenderstem, here is your pressie as requested - https://www.vimesbootsindex.co.uk/. The Vimes Boots Intdex in all its glory. Please note the uploading of Jack's media appearances and also the link to buy her books at the end. Yourewelcome 🥰
I am a proofreading Frau, and the fact that the title at the head of the web page is spelled ‘Vimes Boots Intdex’ might actually be my aneurysm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Does anybody else ever get a full body cringe when they remember they used to be a fan of hers?

Edit: I realise I've posted something similar before but since I just experienced the cringe in real time I thought I'd post.
BRB off to get some new material...
This. Years ago before I saw the light, I bought into her poverty story, I even remember thinking ”I hope she gets that forever home one day soon, she deserves it” 🤦🏽‍♀️ Luckily I have never sent her any money or bought any of her books, came close but never got round to it 😁 Sometimes I shudder thinking about how she fooled me and how I came so close to giving her money….just writing this is giving me horrific flash-backs to me being so fooled, Jack drawing me in with a web-like hold….Eeeek 😱

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
So she never actually saw a rheumatologist? No blood tests? No ANA? No MRI? Nothing at all to back up that claim? No wonder when she lists out her coping techniques there’s no mention of medications to help, it’s all just wheat bags and ibuprofen, does she have any idea how an autoimmune disease actually works?
And, of course, if she was actually on a proper treatment (DMARD) she'd have to have regular blood tests for liver function so I'm sure we'd be hearing about that, as it's an absolute ballache. I'm on treatment for an autoimmune condition and they've stopped doing blood tests at my GP so I have to drive 45 mins to the nearest hospital every few months and pay £3 to park aaargh. So, another one for the list of #TROLLCLAIMS, Jack has never been formally diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
Well what a glorious day Ninnies! The sun is shining, and the Venting Beads Intdex is upon us. Praise beans!

I‘m sure Jack was in back to back press interviews yesterday organised by the fragrant Adrian, unveiling her marvellous and groundbreaking initiative that will save all the povs in Britain from starvation. I very much expect our new King to be so impressed that he will confer an MBE on her on the spot.

And if this isn’t hope in the face of all evidence to the contrary, I don’t know what is!

3AABDC37-380D-4556-803B-AAF2410D2977.jpeg

F27B0296-D1E3-49A6-8411-3C38CC5C66B0.jpeg

Glory be!

• Haha
Reactions: 82
So it’s Saturday 21st January, the One Year Anniversary of the non-appearance of the Voluptuous Bootilicious Index, and the party has started 🥳

Jack has turned up with some of her neck-beard Stans, she’s kicking off a bit, and has brought her lads for support….they might be those randoms she had round her house earlier tonight sitting on the bench she hauled up from a skip.

I’ve sent Kylie Minogue to the party, she hates grifters, they really grind Kylie’s gears, she’s a secret Frau, and she has a few choice words to say to Jack.

Anyway ‘Let’s get this party started”…..it’s been 1 long year of VBI chaos…well nothing really happened, just empty promises, a very strange uneventful year-long chaos it’s been. 🥳

View attachment 1898952
94A7DCB3-8643-4359-A188-5B6FDC4D7948.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Happy Veiny Bollock Infection day to the Canal x

Just mithering about the 30p libel case. The main thing that has ruined Jack's reputation is the publication of Thrifty Kitchen. How is she going to blame that on Lee Anderson? She was also widely ridiculed on Twitter due to her overeaction to Sir Tom of the Dire Potatoes. All her own work, nothing to do with 30p Lee.

Is she really going to be able to argue that a couple of mild comments about her resulted in a loss of earnings/reputation? How likely is it that left-leaning publications, companies, talks, festivals etc. thought "Oh Anderson and Daubney think she's a bit dodgy, we'd best not employ her"

I'm genuinely suprised that a solicitor would advise her to go ahead with a libel case. Anderson and Daubney are not exactly popular in the eyes of the general public but that's not going to sway a judge in court! Her case seemed very weak in the first place and then she's weakened it further with all her gloating and baiting.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
She will have to do it in a weekend, for this weekend's prices alone, to stand any chance of it being accurate at the time of publication. Pasta near me has jumped 90p to £1 in the last maybe 2 weeks. Who wants to know what it cost in February 2022. 😂😂😂
One of LBC Radio’s presenter does a weekly basket update. They costed a basket of items a year ago (bread, milk, pasta, bread, butter, chicken etc) and every week they do an update on the cost. I think this week it was £15, she they started it was £9 (rough figures as can’t remember exactly ).

It is so simple and effective in talking about the cost of living increase, minimum input with a clear output. Jack could have done something like this, updated Twitter and made her point without having to triangulate a few hundred faded receipts from random punters around the country!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
:m < looks like a dancing Mushroom..

He's dancing because it's party day..
Yay.

Now don't forget it all starts at 6pm at the Canterlot Hall, Milton Keynes, MK1MLP
Theres a prize for best Jack Cosplay.
A prize for worst Trifle
A prize for best Pumble.
And a super duper secret special guest.
In honour of the VBI Anniversary nothing and no one will show up because it's all lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Apart from the inevitable ‘Squig, are you serious’ reflex, I love the irony of having the #JackWho? in there as well 🤣

FAD632FE-6FDA-4133-92C3-5A0B8FCFA37B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
This. Years ago before I saw the light, I bought into her poverty story, I even remember thinking ”I hope she gets that forever home one day soon, she deserves it” 🤦🏽‍♀️ Luckily I have never sent her any money or bought any of her books, came close but never got round to it 😁 Sometimes I shudder thinking about how she fooled me and how I came so close to giving her money….just writing this is giving me horrific flash-backs to me being so fooled, Jack drawing me in with a web-like hold….Eeeek 😱
Sadly I bought some of her books, so she got money from me that way. Gads!

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Just popping in to say that today is my birthday 🍉🧀📐 and I'm honoured to discover that I share it with the very real and tangible Violet Biryani Index. I might have a read of it later as a birthday treat if anyone has a handy link. Can't seem to find it on Jack's website. A rare oversight, I'm sure.

(My birthday wish is that she goes through with suing Lee Anderson and has to make all her income and financial dealings public)
Wishing you the happiest of Happy birthdays, tender one ! ❤❤❤

This is my very very very favouritest thread title ever. It truly sets us apart from the slightly lower calibre threads with their torturous rhyming titles.
Love it! However, I have been humming 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang since I got up, and it's getting annoying.😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
So she never actually saw a rheumatologist? No blood tests? No ANA? No MRI? Nothing at all to back up that claim? No wonder when she lists out her coping techniques there’s no mention of medications to help, it’s all just wheat bags and ibuprofen, does she have any idea how an autoimmune disease actually works?
Just watched the first ten minutes of her Edinburgh Book Festival appearance with Kit De Waal and she reads from GFFBD. In that introduction she says that she carries an EpiPen in her bag. For WHAT??
Had to turn it off...that nasal whine combined with fraudulent applause has made me sick before I've even had breakfast.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
The thing about her recklessly spending money is that she doesn't even give the impression of having (had) a good time with her money. (I am not counting the forced 'living my best life toot toot' posts)

• Sad
Reactions: 39
Just watched the first ten minutes of her Edinburgh Book Festival appearance with Kit De Waal and she reads from GFFBD. In that introduction she says that she carries an EpiPen in her bag. For WHAT??
Had to turn it off...that nasal whine combined with fraudulent applause has made me sick before I've even had breakfast.
For stress. She told the audience that she goes into anaphylactic shock if she’s stressed so has to carry three pens with her at all times even if she leaves them on another floor in a Sainsbury’s bag.

Fair play to Kit de Waal for keeping a straight face through most of that interview.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
One of LBC Radio’s presenter does a weekly basket update. They costed a basket of items a year ago (bread, milk, pasta, bread, butter, chicken etc) and every week they do an update on the cost. I think this week it was £15, she they started it was £9 (rough figures as can’t remember exactly ).

It is so simple and effective in talking about the cost of living increase, minimum input with a clear output. Jack could have done something like this, updated Twitter and made her point without having to triangulate a few hundred faded receipts from random punters around the country!
Yes, you don't need huge amounts of items costed as we all buy differently. But most people buy bread and/or milk, and those who don't are usually aware of the costs of those items and can consider their own basket contents accordingly.

Reactions: 32
Of course not!

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.