Jack Monroe #464 Twitter isn’t compulsory ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies dear Fraus but I cannot post links properly 🥹 but have this anyway to read with your Thursday morning slow cooker tea...

Maybe I’ve become numb to gentle criticism against Jack because it never seems like enough, but the contents of that article doesn’t really seem to match up to the headline.

Headline seems really negative, article seems mostly positive. WFK.

Also, is it the exact same article as the Irish times one? Or just the risotto bit? I definitely recognised the part about soffrito.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
If Jack needs 10 meetings to stay on track, I’m glad it’s working for her. If my brother would go to ten, or even one a week, I’d be thrilled. Of all the things Jack spends her time doing, this is the most positive.
Having supported him once at a fellowship, we were both so very glad my late mother didn’t come along for fear of her doing a ‘Blanche’.🙄
I’m really not making fun of this really important process at all, this Corrie episode was a catalyst for our family to actually openly start discussing how best to help my brother! ♥

This is the best thing I have ever watched ever 😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s all about our Jackie in The Independent this morning.

CBC60DC9-4485-4CF1-8A3D-77B9D12C779C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
I bought TCC for around £7 iirc, and I'll never forgive myself for it. It's an absolute joke of a crappy key stage 3 hospitality class project. Rue the day I ever gave her a single book sale. If I had given her £7 for no product at all I'd prob feel less insulted.
Feel sorry for me tendersteam, for I am a kickstarter Frau!!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
That review is all over the place.
They made the breakfast slop sound nice but have no costings of what it costs. The veg peeling lumps of shite cost over £6 but you have stuff left? So you use veg peelings to buy extra cheese and eggs . Make it make sense.
It's as sloppy as Jack's food.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Doesn’t doggo squig know large pedigree dogs const virtually nothing to keep View attachment 1893520
Speaking of Content.
A29C3E66-B622-418A-A81C-426C79839AB0.png

She posted the photo of her on the stairs and got a load of people (including professional groomers) telling her she desperately needed grooming. Then she posted the video I’ve screenshotted at the beginning of November.

Then Nothinguntil the end of December when she suddenly started posting her everywhere again.

872D0138-9BF9-4C63-AA4D-0617938B45EA.png

I’m very glad content has been groomed but there’s also something very obvious that Jack thinks no one has noticed.

For anyone unfamiliar with this coat type, Our dog (although a different breed, his line is specifically bred to have the same typeof fur content has, rather than the wire coat you’d normally see in a WIRE fox terrier 😂😂) - Goes every 8 weeks and is shaved very short in his body, about the same length you have to shave a matted doodle pelt to when it’s been neglected for months (except ours is just how that breed is generally styled, short body, legs a bit fluffier and a beard) and months, and if he went mid November, his coat would be about the same as contents is in the second pic by late December.

She’s clearly taken her to the groomer and been told the only thing they could do is completely shave it all off, because of the matting, and jacks not wanted to post pictures until the all over scalp job has grown out 😂😂😂😂😂

Im also in a group on Facebook about Doodle owners behaviour, and it’s full of groomers posting the abuse they get off owners when they’ve had to shave their dog. They absolutely will have told Jack that the coat was matted and how painful it would’ve been for the dog.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 99
Maybe I’ve become numb to gentle criticism against Jack because it never seems like enough, but the contents of that article doesn’t really seem to match up to the headline.

Headline seems really negative, article seems mostly positive. WFK.

Also, is it the exact same article as the Irish times one? Or just the risotto bit? I definitely recognised the part about soffrito.
It’s the exact same article. It’s been published several places over the last week.

Reactions: 38
I’m over 10 pages behind but just wanted to report something cool.
I’m getting my sister some cookery books for her birthday 🍉 because she’s really interested in it but isn’t confident or experienced at all (probs partially my fault, I do it all and can be a bit of a control freak with food).
I was on the Waterstones website looking up ‘simple dishes’, ‘best sellers’, ‘sale’, ‘new releases’, ‘top rated’ etc etc and I saw no trace of Grifty Kitchen at all 😂 ‘Spare’ shoved under my nose every second, but they’re definitely not risking their reputation by recommending our Cack, toot toot!

P.S I got her an Ottolenghi one and Snoop Dogg’s cookbook because apparently it’s amazing 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
I wouldn't wish for her friends if i had none they are not friends in the proper sense, but enablers and hangers on taking advantage of someone with poor mental health. If i saw my mate steuggle even a smidge of what she does, i would be on them like fleas on a dog helping them to sort their tit out. Also for someone with so many friends she spends an awful lot of time talking to her pretend ones on twitter, despite them being arounf her 100 hours a day packing
bag and etc. Also i am not joking but seriously how chuffing long does it take one person to move house. Its ridiculous now.
From what the delightful @LucyAeroplane has mooted locals know that Jack doesn’t have friends just people she leeches off until there’s nothing left.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
My apologies then, it just seemed somewhat extreme to me but happy to acknowledge that is not the case. Congrats on 12.5 years sober, that's a great achievement ❤
Thank you very much ❤ I love this forum and how we are so much better behaved than the flying monkeys 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Who'd have thought the first blog of the year would be about how the TROLLS are grinding her bones to dust?

• Haha
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.