Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

allybongo

Chatty Member
If Jack needs 10 meetings to stay on track, I’m glad it’s working for her. If my brother would go to ten, or even one a week, I’d be thrilled. Of all the things Jack spends her time doing, this is the most positive.
Having supported him once at a fellowship, we were both so very glad my late mother didn’t come along for fear of her doing a ‘Blanche’.🙄
I’m really not making fun of this really important process at all, this Corrie episode was a catalyst for our family to actually openly start discussing how best to help my brother! ♥

This is the best thing I have ever watched ever 😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Edie Po

VIP Member
I'd believe her more if she said she stuck a Cotswold sideboard down her knickers... womans never read the metro in her LIFE.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I recommend the Dualit milk frother. Half the price of the Velvetiser and it also does cold drinks. I’m sure she can find one in a puddle/charity shop or be gifted one by a generous friend.
🍉 I second this, the dualit is amazing, also with Lidl oat milk

• Heart

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Despite her FORENSICALLY split 50/50 UK/US audience, I sadly haven’t seen it in s single shop 🇺🇸 (or “store” as y’all’s Transatlantic Cousins like to call them) in these here parts.

Seems wrong, cruel almost, to deprive half her fan base of the opportunity to maim themselves and eat laboriously prepared unoriginal slop just because there’s a big SEA between us.

Unless…when she said her audience was 50/50 US and UK and that’s why she’d used BIPOC re poverty “In the UK” she was LYING??
View attachment 1894398
She doesn't have a US territory deal for the hardback of Grifty Kitchen, as far as I can tell. Only the kindle is available on Amazon.com

• Haha
  • Wow

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
Hold the phone, whats she being doing apart from downsizing. Pet, i know moving is hard work but its no one elses fault you have do it. Just keep slugging it on or hire another skip. Job done.

• Haha
Commander Vimes placed his police helmet on the sideboard. He pondered, what do the people like the Patrician place their hats on? They probably have gilded hatstands, worth tens of thousands.
And what about the average working man? He probably has enough to buy a smart looking sideboard, albeit just veneered, for about £800 whereas those in the poorer villages, they would just hammer a nail in a wall in their ramshackle rented hovel. No, Vimes was happy with his Argos £100 sideboard, which he paid for in cash with his hard earned wages.
You are my hero, Hotes! 😘😘😘😘😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Captainmouse

VIP Member
View attachment 1892144
She's been bumping along around 1000 for a while, so if most of her sales were in the first week and preorders, and she didn't beat 3500 (as mentioned up thread by @FlirtyThirty ) then I reckon she's somewhere around 4-5000 maximum. Plus all the shenanigans with the ebook being pulled and refunded.
It's also telling that Jack herself did hardly any promo to juice presales apart from a pinned tweet, and the whole "buy one, buy one for the TT" thing has fallen flat and needs money spent on amendments.
This book has done *really badly*.

I honestly think she will pivot away from food. Nobody takes her seriously at all in the food world, she isn't working on content for an audience on social like other cooks, there are so many others doing better up in her niche of budget cookery (that doesn't look like dogshit and taste of nothing) that I cannot see her continuing to push herself as any kind of competent voice on food or cooking.
Does that include returns?

• Haha

Dogmuck

VIP Member
I think squig has made a little mistake dear heart 😬 you pay the £12 + VAT through Patreon, like I’m subscribed to someone for £14 a month but I’m charged £17 odd for it. I think this squig has been had out of her VAT component of the monthly bill

ETA - thank you @ForgettyBetty entirelt forgot about the £10 tier ❤
I think it’s possible what @ForgettyBetty said is right, but, without mithering through your stats, is there a £10 or a £12 level?

• Heart