Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ignoring the pets and the filthy bedding, I want to go back to this post from last night:

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 10.06.33.png

So what will she be doing for her next burgering? Kicking SB out of his bed for the night? Leaving him at home alone to go to her partners' place? Paying for a hotel room?

ETA: And her friend was clearly questioning her on this - so what's her answer? Is she saying she's planning to stay celibate indefinitely?

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
If she could play the piano well enough to teach it why was she looking for a teacher? And if she can play the piano why are all videos of her playing the piano so absolutely terrible? And if she taught SB so well why aren’t there any videos of him even from behind playing the piano? And why did she look for train driver jobs rather than piano tutor jobs?

This is another example of her telling a lie to cover up a truth (that she can well afford piano lessons for SB) and the lie snowballs into more lies until she tells a whopper that’s easily disproven then she has a strop.

She COULD have said ‘yes I earned a bit from a brand deal and I wanted to spend it on my sons education’ but that kills the pov cosplay and beggy bowl so she can’t.

My eldest has violin lessons, my youngest has guitar and swimming. It costs, kids cost. No-one is begrudging you doing your best by your kid. It’s just when it jars against the whole ‘can’t afford to live’ schtick that you back yourself into a lie corner Jack.

Have a day off will you and tell the bloody truth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
Ignoring the pets and the filthy bedding, I want to go back to this post from last night:

View attachment 1886649

So what will she be doing for her next burgering? Kicking SB out of his bed for the night? Leaving him at home alone to go to her partners' place? Paying for a hotel room?
She's breadcrumbing that she's about to have another OH.
"I'm single and that's not changing any time soon", BUT LOW AND BEHOLD OUR EYES LOCKED ACROSS A TIN OF MATT GLOSS

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 91
If she could play the piano well enough to teach it why was she looking for a teacher? And if she can play the piano why are all videos of her playing the piano so absolutely terrible? And if she taught SB so well why aren’t there any videos of him even from behind playing the piano? And why did she look for train driver jobs rather than piano tutor jobs?

This is another example of her telling a lie to cover up a truth (that she can well afford piano lessons for SB) and the lie snowballs into more lies until she tells a whopper that’s easily disproven then she has a strop.

She COULD have said ‘yes I earned a bit from a brand deal and I wanted to spend it on my sons education’ but that kills the pov cosplay and beggy bowl so she can’t.

My eldest has violin lessons, my youngest has guitar and swimming. It costs, kids cost. No-one is begrudging you doing your best by your kid. It’s just when it jars against the whole ‘can’t afford to live’ schtick that you back yourself into a lie corner Jack.

Have a day off will you and tell the bloody truth.
Point of order, I think there is a video or possibly photo somewhere of SB playing the keyboard. Another Frau may know where to find it.
Either way, two lessons a week is stupid and a waste of money at that age, much better to have one per week and then daily practice, otherwise the lessons are basically just supervised practice, which is annoying and frustrating for both teacher and student.

Also, LOL at "I play by ear, best pianist ever, completed it mate" vs needing the stickers.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Point of order, I think there is a video or possibly photo somewhere of SB playing the keyboard. Another Frau may know where to find it.
Either way, two lessons a week is stupid and a waste of money at that age, much better to have one per week and then daily practice, otherwise the lessons are basically just supervised practice, which is annoying and frustrating for both teacher and student.

Also, LOL at "I play by ear, best pianist ever, completed it mate" vs needing the stickers.
Not sure how to get the video from Twitter, but here's a link to the tweet:

Not sure I see any stickers on the keys in that...

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
She's up, she's liked this post this morning.

View attachment 1886605

It's in response to this

View attachment 1886606

So I guess we'll be looking at her claiming her 'chronic' PTSD made her a habitual liar.
Not surprised she likes stuff from old David ‘black face’ Baddiel, he did a documentary last year defending The Smithy family, a family of tiktokers read: parents who exploit their kids on tiktok who had their car set on fire (allegedly by internet trolls, although the more likely theory is that it was someone they irl robbed a car off of), set up a gofundme claiming they were on the bones of their arse and had no where to go, raised 50 grand and then blew the money on a bleeping jet ski!!! 🤣

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 66
Ok this bright blue Uber Tory thinkpiece- they‘ve heard people say benefits are too low, and come up with a solution to pay more to middle class benefits claimants. Oh DEAR Jack 🤣 well if you will lie down with dogs on your sofa bed, you catch fleas 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
So Jack thinks we should have a 2 tier benefit system that takes better care of middle class guardian reader types when they hit harder times? Kinda makes sense - that way they don't need to cut back on subscription services like Patreon...🤔

Back to the gun/welfare timings, I had a thought. Could the "malicious welfare check" actually have been "it's been flagged up to us that there's a photo of you sat on an artillery gun and a caption saying it was fired in a residential street this weekend. We'd like you to explain more about this illegal discharge of a weapon in a residential area, who fired it, who owns it, and the circumstances of this"

• Haha
Reactions: 56
So Jack thinks we should have a 2 tier benefit system that takes better care of middle class guardian reader types when they hit harder times? Kinda makes sense - that way they don't need to cut back on subscription services like Patreon...🤔

Back to the gun/welfare timings, I had a thought. Could the "malicious welfare check" actually have been "it's been flagged up to us that there's a photo of you sat on an artillery gun and a caption saying it was fired in a residential street this weekend. We'd like you to explain more about this illegal discharge of a weapon in a residential area, who fired it, who owns it, and the circumstances of this"
Yeah we thought that initially

Reactions: 31
Good morning fair fraus!

I have forensically looked through the last thread at posts between 10.39 and 10.48pm last night to try and find the receipt for whatever diatribe Jack went on at this squig, and then deleted. I can't seem to find it? Did anyone see what it was?
I too headed here to find this, and was just typing a post about how one of my (many) aneurisms is Jack's deleting tweets. How can anyone who supports her not see it as incredibly odd behaviour? About 75% of what I know about Jack comes from Tattle because it no longer exists out there. I wasn't around during the KH case but would be interested to know what was said about her deleting tweets.

Reactions: 42

Makes you wonder why 3 years later he needs a tutor twice a week if she’s been teaching him all that time 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 50

This entire scene (ignoring SB) is making me 😖.

1. Light crammed onto the edge of the sideboard, aimed to light…nothing.

2. Dead flowers at the back.

3. Another smug ornament having no particular place at the front.

4. Big light ON.

5. Picture not centred.

6. Wire from the angle poise trailing down the front of the sideboard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I didn’t think people who can “play by ear” needed teaching. A boy in my brothers year could do it, on the piano. And no one ever taught him as far as I know. (And he’s from the same council estate as me, I seriously doubt they had one at home) It was incredible to watch as he would listen to a piece of music and then play it back to you pretty much perfectly.

Is PTSD/CPTSD a new one to add to her list of debilitating conditions? Honestly it fucks me off so much when she does this. COME DOWNS ARENT A MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE JACK.

And they’re also not a permanent get out of jail free card. I have PTSD because I (accidentally) set my house on fire as a teen. Nobody died thankfully, except my pet rat, but in almost 20 years I’ve never gone more than a few hours without imagining my loved ones dying. I’m paranoid in the extreme about fire. I have had horrendous panic attacks and spent all night running around my house because the rain hitting the windows sounded like fire crackling in my mind. I used to check on my kids hundreds of times a night. I don’t use it as an excuse to do the tit jack does. I don’t even use it as an excuse for being snappy if it’s kept me awake all night - if I snap at someone, I apologise and nothing more. Because as an adult in your 30s that’s what you do. The world doesn’t owe you a bleeping violin or a pat on the head.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 111
I don't know, I kind of see what he's getting at. There isn't some overarching pattern in life - it *is* just a series of random events which can only make sense in retrospect, and with some sort of artistic license. And any 2 people can remember the same events very differently. Which is obviously a completely different thing from what Jack does, with her ever-changing narrative built on LIES.
Well there is no pattern in life, no great meaning and clearly it’s quite random. And 2 people remembering the same event differently, surely serves as evidence that memory is a terrible record keeper, being so subjective and open to revision with the passing of time. This is all true. It might therefore then, be considered objectively true - So surely objective fact is a thing, and perhaps this objective truth should trump the subjective memory mentioned above? Especially when solving disputes.. to grant oneself the ability to say “well, that’s how I remember it so therefore it’s true” is right out of the Monroe playbook, and is a get out of jail free card for any crappy behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
This entire scene (ignoring SB) is making me 😖.

1. Light crammed onto the edge of the sideboard, aimed to light…nothing.

2. Dead flowers at the back.

3. Another smug ornament having no particular place at the front.

4. Big light ON.

5. Picture not centred.

6. Wire from the angle poise trailing down the front of the sideboard.
The wire's making me itch too - it's not like it's taut, so could so easily have been routed down the side instead. At least the drawers are closed in this one...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Not that Jack pays tax anyway, but it has just occurred to me that this “exchanging of goods or services” moving house scheme is potentially a nifty way of avoiding income tax. Really makes you think.

Reactions: 44
Omfg shut up! Like many on these threads have CPTSD but the memories I lose/struggle to unlock from the vault are more like the day to day minutiae rather than the things that are the building blocks to my very being? Like I couldn’t tell you what I ever ate as a kid and I don’t always remember the stories/situations my siblings do but I have a solid grasp on my reality and origins story and relative privileges and disadvantages - all of which I know Jack really struggles with honesty around. I don’t think CPTSD is a viable reason to “forget” she’s from a family with two generations net worth >a milli but monetising a WC identity/being the country’s top peasant 4 cash is sufficient grounds to “forget” all those pesky facts.
Yeh. All of this. I have very few detailed memories of my childhood and various sections of my adult life, but I've never 'forgotten' my position of relative middle-class privilege (regularly reminded of it when I pop over to my parents' house, if I had ever been that forgetful). Also, handy tip, Jack, when I can't remember stuff, I just say 'Oh, sorry, I can't remember', rather than make tit up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

Nah, I think there are some stickers across the middle octave, you can just about see them on the black notes. No shade to SB, but I have no idea what tune that is. Like Jack's awful one finger rendition of New England, a single line melody with no harmony or indication of rhythm just sounds tit. I don't know why you'd share that with half a million people.

ETA also having a keyboard on the sideboard isn't the best angle/set up for a small person serious about learning to play piano (or even Jack...). Why not get a proper stand and a stool or a chair? It's not that expensive and would make life much easier. It all seems so performative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 50
one of my (many) aneurisms is Jack's deleting tweets
Babe, same. For me it's also how she eviscerates people in her replies (many of whom are perfectly polite and well meaning), and still manages to have some semblance of a media career. Mom and That Man wouldn't get away with being that abrasive and rude, so why does wee Jack?

Reactions: 39
BC25F33B-89CC-48C9-872C-EE749924FF2A.jpeg

Squig’s serious here, they’re going to small claims today if Jack doesn’t refund - I saw a now deleted tweet asking for squig to re email as their request was probs in junk but not sure what JM tweeted & deleted here?

It’s £50, less than a pot of posh paint. Refund the squig Jack, a court case is hardly worth it?? (Unless she’s worried about opening the floodgates)?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.