Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok this bright blue Uber Tory thinkpiece- they‘ve heard people say benefits are too low, and come up with a solution to pay more to middle class benefits claimants. Oh DEAR Jack 🤣 well if you will lie down with dogs on your sofa bed, you catch fleas 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I've not read the report properly yet, but they're suggesting something similar to the system in Germany, aren't they? Employees pay into a social insurance system, and are given 67% of their previous salary for up to a year if they lose their job.

It works there because the labour market is much more rigid - it's harder to both hire and fire, so lots of younger people remain on temporary contracts for years instead of being hired properly and can only access the basic ALG2 benefit which is much more like our JSA.

I'm not sure that it's a particularly fair way of doing things, and it seems like it would be very difficult to translate across into the UK employment system.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
She's up, she's liked this post this morning.

View attachment 1886605

It's in response to this

View attachment 1886606

So I guess we'll be looking at her claiming her 'chronic' PTSD made her a habitual liar.
Faaaack!! This sentiment, the very idea that he’s trying to put across, is so ridiculous, so pathetic, so lacking of any shame and accountability - it’s exactly the mindset of the Monroe types, the self-involved bellends that they are. It’s infuriating, and it’s the absolute bane of modern society.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Chronic PTSD is there all the time, unlike acute PTSD which just resolves in a few days

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Faaaack!! This sentiment, the very idea that he’s trying to put across, is so ridiculous, so pathetic, so lacking of any shame and accountability - it’s exactly the mindset of the Monroe types, the self-involved bellends that they are. It’s infuriating, and it’s the absolute bane of modern society.
I don't know, I kind of see what he's getting at. There isn't some overarching pattern in life - it *is* just a series of random events which can only make sense in retrospect, and with some sort of artistic license. And any 2 people can remember the same events very differently. Which is obviously a completely different thing from what Jack does, with her ever-changing narrative built on LIES.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Thank you to @Veronicaaa for this not at all libellous thread title (see the question mark). And to @blurstoftimes for nominating it. Help yourselves to some paint tester pots.

Jack has been boring us all to tears with paint chat, but I’ll have you know she’s NOT buying Farrow & Ball, she’s going to WILKOS. Wait, no she’s not, she has FRIENDS who love her SO MUCH they are giving her paint for free to say thank you for all that she does.

She’s also been snarking at the most innocent of squigs because she’s practising being NICE to people. You should try it sometime.

Cooper has finally been deployed, allowing the canal to breathe a sigh of relief.

Oh and apparently Jack did some actual work for a Tory think tank. Level of her actual contribution has yet to be confirmed.
I think we can guess her contribution to the think tank. "When I was a single mum on benefits, me, me, me, me...". End of contribution.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
I had despression, i also had post natal despression., i have never blamed anyone for my despression or problems i have had due to them. When i was despressed. I stopped seeing my friends, hid away and just stayed out of the way. I didnt lie, cheat or hurt anyone as i didnt have the energy. I just said no to everyone but my kid.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 96
I don't know, I kind of see what he's getting at. There isn't some overarching pattern in life - it *is* just a series of random events which can only make sense in retrospect, and with some sort of artistic license. And any 2 people can remember the same events very differently. Which is obviously a completely different thing from what Jack does, with her ever-changing narrative built on LIES.
Memory is notoriously tit*.

Cognitive psychology in a nutshell.

(*I should use the word unreliable but it’s snowed, the dahl I’ve made is vile on Jack’s scale of vile so I’m pissed off and not in the mood for using correct terminology.)

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It’s not poor memory that accounts for this

AB03FDD5-5911-470B-B2D5-FA76EED43512.jpeg

She can’t play the piano as that horrific one fingered bashing of New England showed. So her mum didn’t teach her to play

This is not about people’s recollections differing, it’s just her making tit up

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95

View attachment 1886634
She can’t play the piano as that horrific one fingered bashing of New England showed. So her mum didn’t teach her to play

This photo makes so much more sense of her battering out New England. The stickers are for *her*!

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Thing is it's not her memory that's faulty - it's her own contemporaneous tweets/blogs/Facebook posts that trip her up.
This is absolutely what she is going to set up though isn't it- that PTSD is responsible for the shifting narrative. You can see the cogs whirring a mile away with her, and it's so disgusting that she uses these things to excuse her crappy behaviour when people are living with- struggling with- these things every day.

ETA: My aneurysm is her weaponising and exploiting mental health & trauma etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 91

View attachment 1886634

I also thought she “played by ear” you don’t have stickers on keys when you play by ear, ya fool. Her ma is dire at piano teaching

• Haha
Reactions: 85

View attachment 1886634

Those will leave horrid sticky stuff all over the keys. The sticky stuff will attract muck.

It’s making me feel sick just thinking about it.

They are all peeling off too. Ugh.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
She's up, she's liked this post this morning.

View attachment 1886605

It's in response to this

View attachment 1886606

So I guess we'll be looking at her claiming her 'chronic' PTSD made her a habitual liar.
Omfg shut up! Like many on these threads have CPTSD but the memories I lose/struggle to unlock from the vault are more like the day to day minutiae rather than the things that are the building blocks to my very being? Like I couldn’t tell you what I ever ate as a kid and I don’t always remember the stories/situations my siblings do but I have a solid grasp on my reality and origins story and relative privileges and disadvantages - all of which I know Jack really struggles with honesty around. I don’t think CPTSD is a viable reason to “forget” she’s from a family with two generations net worth >a milli but monetising a WC identity/being the country’s top peasant 4 cash is sufficient grounds to “forget” all those pesky facts.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
I see Billy Bragg hasn't 'liked' or responded to her tweet about him.
Was he an acknowledgement in GK?
Looks like letting him down at the last minute at Glastonbury hasn't been forgotten.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Ginger whinger..basically I've made my whole book up
Jack Du Barry 🤭ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

• Haha
Reactions: 21

View attachment 1886634

Ah so her mum taught her this way? So she had a piano at home when she was young? How working class 🥰.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.