Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did ask them not to be specific. Sure, Jan. Don't do drugs, kids. View attachment 1888319
Squig is absolutely right that the way she talks about drugs is dangerous! Like how her advice on how to open a can without a tinopener is dangerous! And how her advice to cancel your direct debit to the energy company was dangerous! Someone call Scooby Doo, there's a pattern to be found here 🧐

The "was quite clearly not ok" is infuriating! I've seen addiction close up in both my 🍉professional and 🍉personal life. I know it's possible to:
1. Take quantities of a drug that seem impossible to a non-addict
2. Be an addict but still be functioning to such an extent that nobody around you notices.

But I don't believe it's possible to do both.

If you were taking 40 tramadol and a bottle and a half of whiskey (even if they were miniatures, which she never specified they weren't) per day then your live-in partner and your colleagues would notice. Your child would too, even if they were too young to understand what it all meant. Your sleep pattern would be fucked, your speech would be different, you'd be weirdly secretive at times and irritable AF if you couldn't get away to get your fix etc. The only way to hide that level of use is to not interact with anyone who knows your baseline. You might think at the time that people don't know, but we do. And a year into recovery most people would realise that and be keen to make amends, not to find ways to make it seem amusing.

It also stings that the main issue she describes from her substance use is that she was spunking money on expensive tit when she shouldn't have been. Other people's "not ok" when addicted is things like needing CPR or losing custody of their children, not owning four expensive sideboards that they don't need. Excessive spending absolutely can be an issue with substance use, but it's not usually the first thing someone will mention if you ask them to describe their rock bottom.

I hope SB has someone sensible he can talk to when he reads all these stories about what his childhood was apparently like. My heart aches for him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
Ooh, ooh, Mom and TD are having a lovely chat over on the hellsite, bonding over an article that TD posted.

I can hear the gnashing of crumbly teeth from here...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
One of my cousins had a really rough time with tramadol - similar to what you describe - after a surgery to pin her shoulder and swore she’d never take it again (🍉). I hope you’ve got something that’s a better fit for you for pain relief. It’s got to piss you off seeing Jack Monroe (and her prettier twin Jameela) larping your reality 😕 it isn’t some fashionable quirk, it’s a lifelong condition you have to consider in everything xx

Edit to add, thank you again @TheDragonWithAFlagon for the single best description of being autistic I’ve ever seen; I saved it (with your username for crediting purposes) to show other people who I think should also read it. I’d love to read more of your writing on that topic if you ever want to write more on it. Even if not here.

It’s so fascinating how differently drugs can affect people, and yet we still haven’t got reliable ways of knowing in advance what will work for whom. @Deeznutslol is that something you cover in your studies? I’m guessing there’s got to be at least some genetic components to that sort of difference?
Ooh yes pharmacogenetics is super interesting!
It’s not something I’ve studied in depth yet but I know we have a module this term which will cover more of this which I’m excited for, but what I know is that there are a whole range of factors which determine the way your body metabolizes drugs, eg your sex, age, weight, race, kidney function, hepatic function etc. and your individual genetic make up also definitely plays a huge part in the way your body reacts to drugs.

Some people have mutations in the genes which code for enzymes in the cytochrome P450 family which are responsible for the metabolism of many substances, and these mutations can change the speed of which they metabolize certain drugs. An example off the top of my head is the CYP2C19 enzyme, which is responsible for metabolizing quite a lot of common medications such as amitriptyline, sertraline and citalopram, as well as omeprazole and clopidogrel. Depending on which mutations you have to this enzyme, your body will either speed up the metabolization process of the drugs which it breaks down, or it could slow it down. This generally means that you’ll need either a higher or lower dose of medication, and it can also mean that you suffer worse/fewer side effects compared to someone who has normal enzyme function.

That’s just one example of a particular enzyme that we know of, but drug metabolism is a super complex process, there are countless enzymes involved. We can find out if someone has one of these genetic mutations and is therefore a rapid/slow metabolizer through genetic testing, but that’s quite expensive and I don’t think they offer it on the NHS.

So yeah, tldr it’s really difficult to know in advance how any drug will effect any individual because of a multitude of factors including genetics! That said, genome sequencing is becoming cheaper every year and our knowledge of genetics is constantly expanding, so who knows, hopefully in the future we might actually have an inexpensive test to determine exactly how someone will react to a drug in advance so we can somewhat avoid the annoying trial and error period that many have to deal with in order to find the right medication for them!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
'Emotional support sideboards' has got thread title written all over it :ROFLMAO:
'She had to sell her hands' is also absolute gold and reminds me of Vonny aka Scottish Jack, who once claimed to have lost a hand, which then mysteriously grew back.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
I see where this is headed. Last week she was buzzing with the guardian piece, tonight she’s asked them to not do something and they went against her wishes. Next week it will be they completely exaggerated everything and the 4 sideboards were actually for a dolls house and were £3.00.
Give me bleeping strength.

• Haha
Reactions: 72
They see me honkin'
They hatin'
Trollin' and tryna catch me ridin' dirty
Tryna catch me ridin' dirty
My music's so loud
I'm swangin'
They hopin' that they gon' catch me ridin' dirty
Tryna catch me griftin' dirty

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Just in addition to the pondering re the tramadol, there's no way she'd be able to take large doses of that with the multiple antidepressants she claims to be on because serotonin syndrome is a very real thing, but then we've covered this ground before because her ADHD medication wouldn't be prescribed alongside those ADs.
It's almost as if she's making it up as she goes along.

Reactions: 50
Oh ffs, wrap it up you ludicrous clown. It's been 45mins since you posted this and literally nobody gives a solitary duck.
Even the cat looks like he's desperately trying to remember where his passport is.
Screenshot_20230116-231129_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
I see she's finally stripped that rank duvet cover off.

Shame she didn't bother putting a clean one on afterwards. Minger.

"I was just about to do it when Coops climbed up and I didn't want to disturb the fwuffy ickle puddytat. Do you troll want my cat to stop breathing?!"

1673910949361.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I see where this is headed. Last week she was buzzing with the guardian piece, tonight she’s asked them to not do something and they went against her wishes. Next week it will be they completely exaggerated everything and the 4 sideboards were actually for a dolls house and were £3.00.
Give me bleeping strength.
Yes, I'm sure she said something that *implied* she was happy with /had personally approved everything (so she can later deny she *said* that)
Had a quick look but it's hiding.

Hope nobody does think it's ok to triple their dose as a result though :(

Reactions: 31
Oh my lovely... I have been living with arthritis for the last 30+ years (diagnosed shockingly early in life). I've worked full time all the way through, dealing with disabling bad back while running a business, taking codeine every 4 hours when it was really bad. Running a multi million pound business while in serious pain, never used it for a poor me give me a break situation.
We are all *different*, we all react to pain and stuff in a different way and that's ok - I would never, ever judge because I am me, and cannot speak for anybody else.
However - Jack can go to the absolute duck. If she's truly disabled, fair enough. Apply for the relevant help and SHUT.THE.duck.UP about how ouchy you are. Don't use it as an excuse, mate, it doesn't wash. There are plenty more people out there in real situations that need help, and try to get on the best they can.
Sorry, but this truly makes me see red. Cheating, lying, tricksy, false, grifting, despicable tosser.
ALL OF THIS X

Reactions: 21
I don't believe this squig for a second, since Jack has been reluctant (to put it mildly) to give refunds. This is either one of her socks, or someone she privately asked to post this to get the angry squigs off her case.
Even if true, that would be what, one down, six hundred to go?

Plus 12 blog posts?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Since we’re back on the subject of her medication lies, another thing I wondered recently was has she ever specifically said which betablocker she takes? Because she also claims to have asthma and a lot of betablockers are contraindicated in patients with asthma because one of the side effects is bronchospasm. They don’t tend to prescribe even the cardioselective ones (which generally have less incidences of bronchospasm so are safer for those with respiratory issues if used at low doses) to asthmatics because generally there are far better alternative medications which can be used instead.

Reactions: 28
I love animals but the replies to the latest tweet has made me start feeling nauseous at the kitten and puppy photos.

Reactions: 16
I don't believe this squig for a second, since Jack has been reluctant (to put it mildly) to give refunds. This is either one of her socks, or someone she privately asked to post this to get the angry squigs off her case.
I don't know, if someone is now admitting publicly that Jack refunded her, everyone that wants one now has the grounds to ask for one and if Jack doesn't refund they have evidence that Jack has refunded in the past. Iyswim

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.