Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Disability rant. Apologies in advance.

Is there any actual proof she has arthritis? She posted a LONG thread on all the things she’s tried for the AGONY… but none of them were arthritis medications other than possibly steroids which isn’t the best or even the primary treatment for RA.

Sunbeds are NOT a treatment for RA at all by the way. She’s confusing the ultraviolet rays of sunbeds which burn and prematurely age your skin (even using factor 50.. ) with the soothing warmth of infrared lamps (as sold in Boots etc). They’re a totally different thing.

View attachment 1887753

She seems to misunderstand arthritis- it’s not an ‘achy shoulder’ or a bad back etc it is an autoimmune disorder- one of my friends has it and the poor guy is sick a lot as he has to take an immunosuppressant and when he catches a virus it can take months for it to burn out.

For chronic RA with flare ups so bad she can’t walk up stairs her doctor would absolutely try her on methotrexate or similar. And she’d be able to claim non means tested PIP as she’d be classed as disabled if it’s lasted over 12 months or is reasonably expected to. (And get a parking permit etc).

She did add on (almost like she forgot which is odd as she calls it lovely so why ask for recommendations but moving on)

View attachment 1887822

This is strange to me because I’m also on Naproxen and it’s ok (doesn’t touch my bad days but I know each medication affects people differently) and you are diagnosed Omeprazole with it as it causes issues with your stomach / gives you awful reflux if taken alone. Also, if you took that with tramadol (or 40 tramadol…) you’d be incredibly poorly.

I have been ‘disability shamed’ loads of times - literally people standing in disabled parking spaces as I drive an arguably nice car and therefore I clearly am not disabled, a few weeks ago even I had an older man try and break into the disabled loo I was using and when I opened the door to scream at him shouted at me I wasn't entitled to use the loo as I was too young to be disabled (I was out of my chair for a change and on my stick). I am 39 by the way so maybe it’s a compliment 🤣 I used to be so embarrassed and get upset but now I shout and shame them right back.

And I really REALLY don’t want to be that person. But knowing this particular person and her distant relationship with the truth and her addiction to attention I struggle to believe it when she plays the disability card because I equally struggle to understand why ANYONE would suffer for years yet never take the help both medical and financial they would be fully entitled to.
She forgot half the northern hemispheres supply of trammies…..🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm watching Nadiya. She is excellent on TV -'s her food looks lovely.

I also rarely see her wishing her 'pals' a good day on twitter and listing off her many ailments.

Makes you think.
The comparison is stark Nadiya is a delight to watch and every inch the professional while remaining current, interesting and you just know the food is delicious. Which makes you know who thoroughly unprofessional, constantly recycling previous slops that you 100% know will taste awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Coming from the past so apologies if already said but military adjacent friend says Big Dave’s gun will have been decommissioned. If it’s able to fire blanks it’s still able to fire live ammo so says she’s talking bullshit. Quelle surprise.
Big Dave’s WWII artillery is all proper and above board, it’s not actually his he’s just involved in the upkeep/engagement. It doesn’t fire and even if it did Big Dave would be the last person to break the law by firing it, I’m certain!

If it did work, smoking an electric vape on it would be stoooopid

• Haha
Reactions: 52
My mum has RA she is prescribed methotrexate, folic acid, ibuprofen- she can’t take lansoprazole or omeprazole as it would interfere with the methotrexate.

Cortisol injections when her wrists are really swollen. Jack’s treatments don’t sound remotely similar

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Yes, and uncannily convenient when the squigs are threatening her with small claims courts. So vulnerable she can’t press a button and pay. Bless.
Imagine this defence to the small courts claim.

I'm also hoping that the claim will show the emails sent to Jack Monroe, then her tweets pretending she can't see the email, in which Jack thinks she's placing the onus on the claimant to email again, as if that would be the *first* demand Jack had received. Jack no doubt thinks she's being clever and resetting the date of the refund demand and would claim that she had insufficient time to reasonably respond. But that's not how service to an email address works, Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Can you imagine being at work and volunteering for a project that, by the looks of things, is an absolute beast of a project...... then saying 'it's ok, I can pull it together in the next few days, and then not mentioning it again for an ENTIRE bleeping YEAR. I don't know which would come first, dying of shame or being fired! Fair enough if you are new and young intern and you haven't got a clue what you are doing but you are in your mid thirties and with some basic knowledge of your work and life and what is expected of you.

Staggering.

(By the way it would be also fine to put your hands up and say help! I have bitten off more than I can chew oh goodness me but to just silently pretend it hasn't happened??!!!!)

• Haha
Reactions: 69
If he did that for the joobs I wonder what he’s got in store for the ‘nation in May? Driving a tank through the streets of Thorpe Bay and terrorising the patrons of the local dog cafe?
Hopefully stopping Jack from trying to attack the King

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Is there any actual proof she has arthritis? She posted a LONG thread on all the things she’s tried for the AGONY… but none of them were arthritis medications other than possibly steroids which isn’t the best or even the primary treatment for RA.

Sunbeds are NOT a treatment for RA at all by the way. She’s confusing the ultraviolet rays of sunbeds which burn and prematurely age your skin (even using factor 50.. ) with the soothing warmth of infrared lamps (as sold in Boots etc). They’re a totally different thing.

View attachment 1887753

She seems to misunderstand arthritis- it’s not an ‘achy shoulder’ or a bad back etc it is an autoimmune disorder- one of my friends has it and the poor guy is sick a lot as he has to take an immunosuppressant and when he catches a virus it can take months for it to burn out.

For chronic RA with flare ups so bad she can’t walk up stairs her doctor would absolutely try her on methotrexate or similar. And she’d be able to claim non means tested PIP as she’d be classed as disabled if it’s lasted over 12 months or is reasonably expected to. (And get a parking permit etc).

She did add on (almost like she forgot which is odd as she calls it lovely so why ask for recommendations but moving on)

View attachment 1887822

This is strange to me because I’m also on Naproxen and it’s ok (doesn’t touch my bad days but I know each medication affects people differently) and you are diagnosed Omeprazole with it as it causes issues with your stomach / gives you awful reflux if taken alone. Also, if you took that with tramadol (or 40 tramadol…) you’d be incredibly poorly.

I have been ‘disability shamed’ loads of times - literally people standing in disabled parking spaces as I drive an arguably nice car and therefore I clearly am not disabled, a few weeks ago even I had an older man try and break into the disabled loo I was using and when I opened the door to scream at him shouted at me I wasn't entitled to use the loo as I was too young to be disabled (I was out of my chair for a change and on my stick). I am 39 by the way so maybe it’s a compliment 🤣 I used to be so embarrassed and get upset but now I shout and shame them right back.

And I really REALLY don’t want to be that person. But knowing this particular person and her distant relationship with the truth and her addiction to attention I struggle to believe it when she plays the disability card because I equally struggle to understand why ANYONE would suffer for years yet never take the help both medical and financial they would be fully entitled to.
It’s not just the medical and financial help - it’s also the fact that PIP is a gateway to other types of non-financial but more practical support. I’ve helped friends with the claim forms (which can be tricksy if you’re not answering the specific question in specific ways) and appeals, and they’ve won their PIP awards. And that means they also get things like a blue badge (for the person who drives you around, if you can’t drive yourself), access to a Motability lease if that’s what you want to spend the mobility component on, a disabled railcard entitling you and your companion (not uncommon to need a companion to travel if you’re autistic) to cut-price tickets, or reduced rate tickets with special seating at certain types of events. PIP can also be a gateway to home adaptation grants and council tax reductions.

Few people who are really as disabled as Jack claims to be would have the luxury of saying “nah I’m not going to bother because I had a bad experience with the DWP before so I choose not to claim benefits now”. Even if they really have been horribly traumatised by the way the DWP treated them (and I’ve definitely met people who have been, mainly through work 🍉), they still have to get assistance from the CAB or other organisations, or recruit friends who are good at paperwork (like me!), and in some cases they even have to get a lawyer, in order to claim the benefit from the DWP - because most people disabled enough to claim PIP actually do need the benefit and all the things that they can only access if they have it.

Sorry to hear you’ve been treated like that by arseholes, @AlwightDallin 💕 - very similar has happened to a close friend, who’s the same age as you and who has the same condition, and it’s always so demoralising to remember we share a world with such horrible people. But most people don’t treat strangers so badly, so at least there’s that.

edit - sorry, I read your post and decided you had RA, but a re-read indicates that’s not the case, in which case I made a mistake, but my friend also has it and it does suck even though it’s quite well managed x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

View attachment 1887753

View attachment 1887822

Oh my lovely... I have been living with arthritis for the last 30+ years (diagnosed shockingly early in life). I've worked full time all the way through, dealing with disabling bad back while running a business, taking codeine every 4 hours when it was really bad. Running a multi million pound business while in serious pain, never used it for a poor me give me a break situation.
We are all *different*, we all react to pain and stuff in a different way and that's ok - I would never, ever judge because I am me, and cannot speak for anybody else.
However - Jack can go to the absolute duck. If she's truly disabled, fair enough. Apply for the relevant help and SHUT.THE.duck.UP about how ouchy you are. Don't use it as an excuse, mate, it doesn't wash. There are plenty more people out there in real situations that need help, and try to get on the best they can.
Sorry, but this truly makes me see red. Cheating, lying, tricksy, false, grifting, despicable tosser.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
This boils me. My daughter was diagnosed (after 9 months of agony) with juvenile form of RA aged 17. While her peers were learning to drive, going out meeting friends, she was having me to ties her laces and fasten her bra. Taking methotrexate every week and trying not to vomit after it ( a well known side effect).Jack just self medicated with plenty of booze and tramadol . She hasn't a f'ing clue. If she's having a flare up why not get help from professionals.
I'm sorry about your daughter 😔 she sounds very brave. I wonder if any frays know, what effect does alcohol have on arthritis medication, Naproxen, ADHD meds etc. Not a good effect I suspect.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I wonder how it makes Jack feel seeing her follower numbers rapidly tumble every time she Tweets now.

We'll be down to 560 k by the weekend 🥰 (still 560k too many, mind).
She really has the Unholy Trinity of an account that's boring, unpleasant and pointless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Oh my lovely... I have been living with arthritis for the last 30+ years (diagnosed shockingly early in life). I've worked full time all the way through, dealing with disabling bad back while running a business, taking codeine every 4 hours when it was really bad. Running a multi million pound business while in serious pain, never used it for a poor me give me a break situation.
We are all *different*, we all react to pain and stuff in a different way and that's ok - I would never, ever judge because I am me, and cannot speak for anybody else.
However - Jack can go to the absolute duck. If she's truly disabled, fair enough. Apply for the relevant help and SHUT.THE.duck.UP about how ouchy you are. Don't use it as an excuse, mate, it doesn't wash. There are plenty more people out there in real situations that need help, and try to get on the best they can.
Sorry, but this truly makes me see red. Cheating, lying, tricksy, false, grifting, despicable tosser.
Huge numbers of people living with crippling mental or physical issues and often the most affected never complain, just adjust their lives as best they can to suit their needs. The most affected people I know, one is first class in their field despite a really serious physical disability. They must have pain and nerve pain and they certainly have difficulties getting around (visible) but never tell you. If I couldn't see them I'd never know there was anything unusual about them. They value everything they get out of life and work harder than most other people I know. Even to do the same as everyone else they'd need to work harder, but they are actually better at it too.

Logging onto twitter, means you could have logged on to email and PayPal and refunded. If you couldn't use a phone or computer tonight, how are you on it.

Speechless really.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I need to mither about stairs. Jack moaned like a big Jessie about having having to vacuum hers (lazy Unt) in a house she chose to rent. But never has she ever made a case for or spoken up for people with disabilities who are housed in unsuitable accommodation. Makes you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.