Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what infuriates me. Many, many of us suffer with pain and disability, hidden or not. Why then the constant reminder of being ‘vulnerable’
What about arthritis pain makes her vulnerable? Why so special? Maybe have a lie down on the sofa (do you know she sleeps there?) and stop lugging your boxes and sideboards about, I dunno 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Yes! Similar to learning to drive. In my first few lessons the instructor kept telling me off for looking down at the gear stick, he said you should just know which gear you're in by touch. That seemed like madness at the time, but of course after a little while it becomes second nature.

....You don't think she tried to learn to drive by sticking labels on all the controls... Indicator, accelerator, clutch 🤔
Hahahaha! Colour-coded labels on all the controls, and odd socks /gloves to match

• Haha
Reactions: 27
That's the third time (at least!) she's referred to herself as being vulnerable since the Shattenstone interview was published.

I'm convinced that she believes she's done a big brave thing by telling what she claims to be her truth. Braver than any smol pixie has ever been before. She thinks she deserves sympathy and understanding and head-pats and admiration - and it must slowly be dawning on her that she's not going to get it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89
This is what infuriates me. Many, many of us suffer with pain and disability, hidden or not. Why then the constant reminder of being ‘vulnerable’
What about arthritis pain makes her vulnerable? Why so special? Maybe have a lie down on the sofa (do you know she sleeps there?) and stop lugging your boxes and sideboards about, I dunno 🤷‍♀️
Oh nonono, Jack's pain is the most pain that anyone's ever suffered ever, you know. Much worse than ours.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
Oh ffs nobody wants to “ride roughshod over a person who is vulnerable and in pain”, we just want a massive bullshitting grifter to stop taking money for doing nothing except lying to people 🙄
Jack, I think you’ll find quite a few of the people you’ve conned out of money are actually vulnerable and in pain, based on what we can see on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Re Curtains in kind etc...
I read today that newspapers (definitely not the Guardian) would sometimes provide gifts to unpaid contributors because money payment would put recipient into the next tax bracket.
Interesting.

• Wow
Reactions: 46
Oh nonono, Jack's pain is the most pain that anyone's ever suffered ever, you know. Much worse than ours.
Yes, and uncannily convenient when the squigs are threatening her with small claims courts. So vulnerable she can’t press a button and pay. Bless.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.