Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So OH’s dad went up and down the station asking strangers if they had bags for life so Jack could buy a load of books? IIRC Harold’s family also carried said books around with them until they got back to the place they were staying. Now I’m only basing this on my own family but I can imagine them being kind of polite but about all that while it was going on, but for ever more she’d be known as that annoying woman who made us carry the heavy books all day. She’d pass into family lore, to be brought up when everyone was a bit drunk at Christmas as the punchline to which one of us siblings had had the worst or most embarrassing partner.

• Haha
Reactions: 95
I'd have thought it was a pretty stupid move to attempt to make people think she's buying but this is Jack we're talking about so .... 🤷‍♀️
I think she’d consider it getting one over on tattle/the trolls if she has everyone stating she’s buying as basically fact and then it turns out she’s not.

It just seems very weird to me that presumably Jack didn’t leap straight on spanny for posting it and that spanny was pretty much instantly quote tweeted by people questioning it and that didn’t make her go “tit!” and delete. It was much more obviously a slip and was jumped on way faster than when she let slip OH was a bloke.

Reactions: 39
View attachment 1885003

...and she was only accused of buying paint, not the house!

(So is she saying that she's planning to find the paint in a puddle?)
Off you pop and mind your own business now?! She's spent the entire weekend boring everyone to tears about paint and colour schemes for her new, smol home. Why don't YOU mind your business Jack, then you wouldn't get into these situations. bleeping cheeky cow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
She's so bloody thick..as thick as her bowls of slop ( shudders)
Floor to ceiling windows.. by this time next week she'll have tweeted a pic with her stood outside the flat with a gormless grin and pointy finger 😁👆
If they are not double/triple glazed she’ll be whingeing

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Puddles, ex-partners dads at train stations with borrowed bags for life, charity shops who don't understand designer labels...

I think I like puddles best.
Why did this sound like it was written to the tune of A Few of My Favourite Things from the Sound of Music?

🎶Puddles and scarves and dads at train stations,
Big Twitter meltdowns and unrefunded Patreons,
Pro-bono lawyers and mountains of sniff,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Cotswold Co sideboards and a poor deceased kitten,
Blog posts promised but remaining unwritten,
Douglas Herd haircuts and nasty sleeve tattoos,
These are a few of my favourite things 🎶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
She is very successful in her scavenging. Lots of furniture in the flats' communal bin area.

She "found" a sledge somewhere as well, didn't she? I wouldn't feel comfortable taking something home that I'd found like that. Especially something likely belonging to a child.

Even a Burberry scarf in a puddle I'd hang up on a fence/post and hope the owner returned for it, rather than taking it home like a grubby goblin.

But then I like to think I'm quite nice. Despite being a nefarious troll.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Yes, funeral potatoes are an American thing. You would find them at pitch-ins and church suppers too. And they are LUSH.
Considering trying to make them, but not tonight. We are having the regular roasted kind. With roast beef, and homemade horseradish sauce (another easy, EASY way to make flavours pop. I don't even know if she's even encountered this before).

Reactions: 25
She is very successful in her scavenging. Lots of furniture in the flats' communal bin area.

She "found" a sledge somewhere as well, didn't she? I wouldn't feel comfortable taking something home that I'd found like that. Especially something likely belonging to a child.

Even a Burberry scarf in a puddle I'd hang up on a fence/post and hope the owner returned for it, rather than taking it home like a grubby goblin.

But then I like to think I'm quite nice. Despite being a nefarious troll.
Yeah, she just nicked a kid's sledge basically. From a garden in Hammersmith IIRC 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Off you pop and mind your own business now?! She's spent the entire weekend boring everyone to tears about paint and colour schemes for her new, smol home. Why don't YOU mind your business Jack, then you wouldn't get into these situations. bleeping cheeky cow.
And this snarky retort is from Jack, who gets gifted hundred of quids worth of top notch paint/paper for being NICE! 🤔

Pass the smelling salts...

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I don't see why we should give her any benefit of the doubt whatsoever.

She loves finding tricksy ways to anchor the figures for her income & expenses as low as possible in people's minds. That's what all the "a salary of only £25k", "below minimum hourly wage", "only a single lightbulb", "no money for shampoo" nonsense is about. She never mentions that the salary from her ltd company was only one of her income streams alongside dividends and directors loans, and that the Patreon & tipjar money that seems to have been paid directly to her rather than to On A Bootstrap Ltd. It's so bleeping disingenuous, and it's clear that she does it deliberately.

We should stop doing her work for her. Use the highest possible estimates, and let her deny it if she wants to - she's the one who has the actual figures to hand, after all.
All of this, dear ❤. She's raking it, I do not believe a word she says. I am absolutely fuming about her slick grift though, stealing money from actual poor people. She should be ashamed of herself, if such a thing is even possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Interesting. It's a harassment technique called 'swatting' when a malicious report is made to authorities supposedly for someone's welfare. Was there ever any hints as to who it was? In reality usually a neighbour sick of hearing tit at all hours.
Personally my theory is OH was out in town with friends when Jack started bombarding him with messages begging him to return and “scoop her up” like LJC so often had to, replete with “I’m scared I might do something”. OH called them in a panic, hence the check.
then she was utterly fine in Dordrecht, maybe the chaos was a wtf was that about argument or she started wittering about baby names and wedding venues
He LEFT.

Reactions: 64
Who called it on the William morris / liberty curtains?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.