Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh like the holiday you promised him last summer, to be paid with by the money you'd saved on alcohol, as a little treat for him depending on you remaining sober you mean? Which never happened. Also by North of Scotland she probably means Loch Lomond or something :rolleyes:
Good luck seeing the lights from there. I'm further than that and we don't always see them either. She's probably lying anyway, the lady bleep. Scotland is a trek once you get out of the central belt. How will her arthritic arse cope? It can also be dangerous for dogs, a lot of them go missing on the Beinns, especially when not familiar with the extreme terrain and weather. It change in minutes. Jack doesn't have a bleeping clue.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
If I lived where she lived I would take my (actual) teen to Brighton for the weekend. Seems like a good teen place. OR JUST TO bleeping LONDON! He liked Harry Potter, take him to the bastard studios. We live in the NE and I’ve taken mine twice.
I’ve taken mine all over the north to cities and to the Lake District. It’s not hard. I just follow them aimlessly round shops.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Jack what the duck are you talking about? You've *chosen* to sleep on the sofa in your three bedroom house which takes over £3k a month to run. What point do you think you are making?

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 20.55.43.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 105
Previously untyped sentence: I really am sick of hearing about royal cock.
Have you read it? I’m about 2/3rds in and could describe Harry’s “South Pole” (not joking, exact quote) better than my OH he mentions it that much… oh and Willy’s too!

Also I hope she realises Haz sold more books in one branch of Waterstones than she has in the entire country

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Anywhere more than a mile from a town or maybe 5 miles from a big city should be fine, to be honest. There are special dark sky reserves dotted around the place, and national parks would be good too. Ideally somewhere fairly south so the sun sets earlier... but you can only really manage an hour or two of meteor watching at a time, anyway. Bring hot drinks and wrap up warmer than you think you'll need to!

Mr D's Mum lives in the middle of one of them. If you're lucky, the stars are amazing after midnight when all the street lights are off and nobody's left their security lights on because it's pitch black and perfect for burglars/a guaranteed way to end up head first in a river or leat. Trouble is, to get away from the village, you need a car or you're likely to come a cropper courtesy of

a) blanket bogs
b) ditches
c) pissed up Cornishmen on the way home from a pub
d) rapidly changing and actually incredibly dangerous weather - hypothermia in the middle of a heatwave isn't unusual
e) the Hairy Hands
f) the Evil Rider
g) Vixana the Witch
h) Adders
i) Unexploded Ordinance
j) cattle
k) ponies
l) ticks
m) poachers/lampers/nutters
n) valley mires
o) combines travelling to the next farm during harvest
p) featherbed bogs
q) flash floods/river rising
s) military movements
t) rabbit holes
u) tors
v) quarries
w) the stables (where something has died in a mire and fertilised the surrounding area)
x) a farmer with a gun and no more patience with uncontrollable dogs
y) local lads pissed off with twats camping and shitting over their Dad's land
z) getting lost because it's bleeping isolated, the mobile signal is variable, there's no chance of calling it quits and getting a cab back to civilisation

The last thing that Moorland Rescue needs is their time taken up with wailing twats and their mutts because they wanted a jolly experience and ended up with a Hound of the Baskervilles style debacle instead.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I have parents like this and every year I end up in tears on my birthday because I always wonder why I am not worth loving or the effort when they buy top of the range stuff for themselves and I got wrapped up Hypervalue tat. It's so corrosive and really does effect self esteem.
Oh lovely, it's not that you are not worth it. Not at all. Please try not to think that. My mother was the same. If she could be bothered to give me any gift (and more often than not she didn't) she would thrust it at me telling me it was something she was given that she didn't like/want and then in same breath show me some spensy item she had bought herself as a treat. It's taken me many years and many tears, but I know it said nothing about me and everything about her.

She's done the same with my kids. Two of them she never even sends birthday cards to, which has helped me understand it's all her toxicity.

(I tried to spoiler this but my buttons are greyed out)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 79
I’ve just spent 100 hours today painstakingly and relentlessly compiling this dossier on “how many times Jack monroe tells the twitter that she sleeps on the couch”

Now then, where’s my honorary degrees x 2?
These are far more amusing if you replace the word "couch" with "gooch"

I might need to sleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I despise that woman with every fibre of my being for what she does to that boy.

It's hard being a single parent, I'm lucky that I earn good money (not Jack money obviously but good enough not to need worry) but the thing for me was time (my SG is now a proper teen so not keen to hang around with mum) I worked long hours when she was younger and it was constant juggle, earning enough so we could have a nice home, holidays, make memories when she was young and then taking/having the time. Kids should feel they're your whole world, especially when they're young, but they should NEVER feel that you are theirs and that's what does my head in about Jackie. Now and only now that she has no one and her career is tanking is she back to remembering she's a mum and piling the pressure on that poor boy - he's now responsible for her holidays and happiness and it boils my blood.

Sorry for going a bit o/t just really winds me up and I hope and pray she isn't making more promises she won't keep when something better comes along.
Brilliantly put ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have mentioned this on another thread recently but I have to say (and this is very much rhetoric because we all know why) WHY does she not get a cheap pair of flights to somewhere like Denmark or any Scandi country (Denmark has cheap flights to Legoland and there is oodles of opportunity to do other things there too). It would be vastly cheaper than training up to northern Scotland and it’s so very quick too.

Utterly baffling. (And yes, I know it’s all about Twitter deflection and engagement figures and it’s not going to happen either way). 😳😠
Nooooo, don't let her sully Scandinavia too. Half my family live there, they don't need Jack poisoning the water and leaving bags of tit everywhere.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Lord she’s desperate to bury something isn’t she? Going on and on and on about the ~move~ for fkng months (boring) and now is having ~feelings~ about handing her notice in. Jesus Christ all mighty ever loving God of home owners will someone shut her up!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
She said she's heard a clip of it on Twitter. TBF, it's EVERYWHERE. I'm only on page 103 ("free" pdf version 🤫) but it feels like I've read the whole thing.
Ooh you scamp Marm! Although I used my refund for Grifty Kitchen to pay for my Spare #ThriftyTips

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
MAN? That’s Jason Momoa King of all Kings dontcha know ❤💦
IS IT? Well bugger me blind I never knew it was him. Him from Dragons & Tits, and Aquaman?

Going to have to unblock her just to enjoy her mithering on all night aren't I?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve just spent 100 hours today painstakingly and relentlessly compiling this dossier on “how many times Jack monroe tells the twitter that she sleeps on the couch”

Now then, where’s my honorary degrees x 2?
Why does she use the word 'couch'? Is that an Essex thing? Or is she trying to make some sort of class-based point?

I'd have thought that 'sofa' was the default term pretty much everywhere in the UK over the past 20 years. Maybe 'settee' for a slightly more down-at-heel equivalent, but that's pretty old fashioned now, isn't it?

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.