Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was 654 this morning. Dropping like a stone.
I’m stunned that supermarkets have bought it tbh. I can understand indies with a strong Twitter presence fulfilling preorders for the liberal rage nans and pervy dads but every photo we’ve seen of them in the wild is a fully stocked shelf with other titles sold out?

A different industry but ime buying is cut throat, like a few bad buys and you’re outtaaahere so god help whatever good intentioned fool did it.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
She's got lots of speaking offers in her inbox? Do you know what she has more of? Patreon generated emails asking where the duck the paid for content is?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
What a start to 2023 for Jack:

- book flops
- massive increase in negative response to her
- loads of shade from various media
- looks like more investigations incoming
- manages to get caught out libeling/slandering agency stablemate Michael Portillo (who costs the same)

Can't help but feel it's truly unraveling now and is unsaveable, a proper slow motion car crash.

Good 🖕🖕🖕🖕

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
I’m stunned that supermarkets have bought it tbh. I can understand indies with a strong Twitter presence fulfilling preorders for the liberal rage nans and pervy dads but every photo we’ve seen of them in the wild is a fully stocked shelf with other titles sold out?

A different industry but ime buying is cut throat, like a few bad buys and you’re outtaaahere so god help whatever good intentioned fool did it.
I worked in an adjacent industry in the mid-2000s, and back then the supermarkets would insist on being able to return unsold stock for a full refund no matter what condition it was in. If the same is true today, it means it's only really an opportunity cost for them - they could have used the shelf space for something that would've generated more sales.

• Heart

May well have been bulked in on a multi-book newsstand package. In my former magazine days, our newsstand sales team often did things like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She's got lots of speaking offers in her inbox? Do you know what she has more of? Patreon generated emails asking where the duck the paid for content is?
I’m surprised she saw the non existent emails about work offers considering she’s not have time to read all her Patreon emails. But never mind that, thought she’d lost that password .

• Haha
Reactions: 39

'Liberal rage nans' 🤣 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I wonder if she’ll at least get some sales when it’s the only new cook book on the shelves, everything else having sold out.

Who would buy her fictional autobiography now?! Surely the offer will be pulled. She’ll get the advance, write a chapter about how she was born in a stable by the glow of a solar lamp and as soon as she was birthed there was a rare night rainbow and it snowed in June and then write nothing more for a year.

I look forward to the ebook only release in 2027 🤣

• Haha
The Blocked and Reported podcast has tweeted that they discuss her again on their latest edition. It's only available to subscribers in case anyone has signed up?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Coming on for a point of order to say, Foghorn Beghorn was not my work! Unless I thought of it in a fugue state and have forgotten?

Sad to say I do not know which Frau coined the term so please show yourself and collect your lols you funny fucker x

• Haha
  • Heart
Oooh just realised it’s a week since the release of Grifty Kitchen, anyone know what the weekly sales number is. Is she gonna have a party tonight to celebrate, did it make the Top 100 at any point, were those initial lowly figures just someone having a laugh. Surely her 561.2k Hellsite followers, the Guardianista support that praise her pov activism, and of course the legion of Neck-Beards buying 3 copies each have pushed it to the top of the charts, just behind The Spare. She’s much loved is our smol pixie so I’m expecting big numbers. Love to know the figures 👍🏾🥳😁

Edit….just seen above it’s at 749, how can that be….are we saying the Neck-Beards have failed her….oh the shame.
Whereas Bored of Lunch is sitting tight at #2, only behind Spare.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
A lot of people who supported her out of their own low incomes, because they thought she was making a difference, have been badly hurt and betrayed by discovering that she spent their money on drugs, alcohol and furniture.

The awareness of the grift seems to be spreading outside of a small twitter circle and she's not getting the rapturous responses she thinks she's entitled to.
A key problem is that, because of her appalling judgment telling the Guardian about her sideboard splurges, awareness of the grift has spread to everyone in Southend, so she’s really totally fuckoed now. No hope of redemption. If the TT try and force her on a local food bank for a photo op, there will be much vocal dissent from the volunteers who actually do all the damn work. The whispered dissent has been gathering pace, and the TT can’t* risk pissing off their volunteers by parachuting Jack Griftypants Monroe in. It’s satisfying.

*maybe they’ll risk it - but I think they know she isn’t worth it

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Numbers SHAN'T cry
Why Numbers not cry?
Numbers SHAN'T cry
Cos best thread title fly.

Foghorn Beghorn is a stroke of genius and should be used as liberally as plenty of black pepper.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.