Jack Monroe #459 That westboro baptist church penis wig will haunt her forever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just trying to imagine the reaction if I cast up to my parents that everything we ate was supermarket own make and ask if they feel guilty*. They are not violent people but I think the atmosphere could turn quite ugly.

*Other than the crisps and tit diluting juice I wasn't bothered.
The things she describes as being so extreme (apart from the truly obvious lies) just seem like regular things to most people, don't they?

Reactions: 27
Unless you're someone who reviews books, or is maybe working in the same area as another non-fiction writer, you don't get sent random copies of books through some sort of writers' Secret Santa.
It's typical Jack Monroe lie/fanasy: getting the tit you want for free because you think you should.

Reactions: 23
Oh lord. Imagine having to share a communal area with Jack?! You’re just trying to have a coffee, a fag and a minute to yourself before work when that shark eyed toad pops up at the window, then rushes over with homemade prune and sardine cookies.
I bet she latches onto people like a leach 🥶
Heaven help any singletons in the block!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Guys I know it's absolutely pointless to try to make sense of any of the nonsense Jack spouts but here I am anyway ....

View attachment 1876125

First of all, the point is to get rid of the books *before* the move, so that you're not lugging them about.
Secondly, who on earth has a free library in their GARDEN? So that you have to go onto someone's property to use it? Usually they're in parks and outside community centres and the likes, so that they're available to as many people as possible. But of course Jack has to make it HER OWN free library. And - for someone who has been stalked all her life, according to her - why would you even want to give strangers an excuse to be loitering outside your house?
She doesn't half talk shite, eh?
I hate disagreeing with a frau but it happens a lot in London near me. They’re in community spaces but also loads in front gardens and shared walls etc.

She’s still a massive grifter with a truth problem and I doubt she could be bothered to maintain the library, and your other points still stand

Reactions: 26
I reckon she's being tricksy. There *will* be one bed in that flat. There will be many other rooms that could be used as bedrooms but she won't put a bed in them, therefore it is a 'one bed flat'.
Having seen the 48 boxes of shite, all the crockery, spoons and other ephemera, eleventy sideboards and a 10 stone dog its no wonder she's only got room for one bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
New article in the Metro.

Basically a puff piece that has just lazily copy and pasted from her publisher’s press release and her excruciating introduction to Grifty Kitchen (although it hilariously claims to be an exclusive).

PovTweed jacket makes an appearance though, so assume Metro are now on her list of fascist newspapers.

ETA: “Now with six cookbooks under her belt”. Assume they’re discounting Grifty Kitchen as it’s a death trap not a cookbook.
Yeah someone's been shelling out for a weak attempt at some positive marketing again. It's also been listed on 'classifieds marketing'. 😂

Screenshot_20230112_074713_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230112_074844_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230112_074852_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Random Thursday morning at 3am: is woken by phone on loud; is able to answer and have long conversation.

Day of Guardian interview and photoshoot at noon: sleeps through ringer, knocks on door and [presumably] dog going mad.

K.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
maybe she'll build a tiny library out of cut open, sanded down tuna cans.

LOl at 'making life simpler' when you are telling people to drain pasta with a piece of cloth and carbiner hooks 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I don't think Jack would be that bad as a neighbour - wait, hear me out!
All the tripe about having just tons and tons of friends is just fiction.
Probably wouldn't get many awful cooking smells escaping as she doesn't seem to actually cook apart from "one and done" recipes for crookbooks. And she won't get another one published.
The performative guitar doesn't get played as she's too lazy to learn it.
Dog visits on a Tuesday when SB brings her.
She's probably really quiet, is on Twitter from waking to sleeping. Can't hear someone typing through the walls.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Probably wouldn't get many awful cooking smells escaping as she doesn't seem to actually cook apart from "one and done" recipes for crookbooks. And she won't get another one published.
She's probably really quiet, is on Twitter from waking to sleeping. Can't hear someone typing through the walls.
OK but OTOH just knowing she was downstairs or on the other side of the wall would give me the serious heebie jeebies. And she would definitely try to make you eat her anchoiade 😱

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
OK but OTOH just knowing she was downstairs or on the other side of the wall would give me the serious heebie jeebies. And she would definitely try to make you eat her anchoiade 😱
For the LOVE OF GOD let that not be a euphemism.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Hahaha. Her form of frugality is not making life simpler. Simpler would be accepting it's cheaper to buy than make bread/biscuits/ice cream and that's ok.

Her frugality reminds me of my parents - making me open Christmas presents carefully so they could keep the wrapping paper, growing food and doing swaps with neighbours (bags of cob nuts for a brace of pheasants?!) everything from charity shops, car boot sales etc, keeping every pot/tub etc that comes into the house, stealing every ketchup sachet from meals out etc.

But that was only possible because a) they had the space (there were 3 rooms in my house I never saw as a child because they were so full of shite), b) they had the time they bought the house 50 years ago so we're able to run it and raise a child on a wage from a warehouse worker and my mum didn't need to get a job until I started secondary school when she worked in a shop p/t, c) they had the knowledge dad had worked on a farm and knew all about growing food, so it wasn't a risk in the same way it might be for someone expecting to save money.

It also meant them having a certain disregard for my experience as a young person - I could never have friends home, often used marg tubs for school lunches, had Tesco value range crisps/snacks (I felt v bad for SB and his Asda maize snacks) etc

Other than being a massive watermelon 🍉 for anyone who knows me I'm not sure why I shared this other than I guess to say that the sort of frugality jack is advocating requires a level of privilege/lifestyle most people don't have today. (It's why I describe my upbringing as m/c but also poor)

• Heart
Reactions: 84
I strongly disagree.

BOULEVAAAAAAARD

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Speaking of the tweed jacket, was just clearing out my downloads/screenshots and re-discovered these gems.
Apologies to the wonderful Frau who captured them, I can't remember who you are but genuinely thank you for all that you do.
Cockroach man from Men In Black 🪳

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
You also might hear her honking through the wall! 😨

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.