Jack Monroe #459 That westboro baptist church penis wig will haunt her forever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are there many food banks in Southend? Say if a reporter wanted to go round them all, chat to the organisers and establish if there a regular volunteer called Jackie?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
May I mither back to this;

View attachment 1875155

She had therapy because she gave her son basic range cereal?

So brave of her to overcome this trauma and now have enough money to buy high-end furniture.

Can you even imagine being cold & eating smart price food? What absurd patronising crap, and also just shows how brief (if at all) her experience of poverty was.

How insulting to anyone she claims to speak for.
Plus she is subversivly saying that all parents who buy cheap food must feel guilt too. bleep.

Could put a caravan there!
So that's who bought Big Dave's!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Sooooo I have been out on a work night out. I may be a bit tipsy.

But can I just say;

I fuccccccccking hate Jack! Soooooo much!

Donā€™t know how to spoiler. Sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
No, I'm sorry. I've just looked at this muppet's page. Either he's another imaginary friend or he purchased his therapist/counsellor certificate for twenty quid from a dodgy Internet site. He's a card though, one of those hilarious mates that used the Wednesday nickname (posted the day after the selfie,) the cheeky chap. Oh, how we all laughed!
He's dodgy as duck. If he's one of Jack's speed dial therapists it would certainly explain a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Unless you're someone who reviews books, or is maybe working in the same area as another non-fiction writer, you don't get sent random copies of books through some sort of writers' Secret Santa.

^^^this. IME a lot of publishers are now asking reviewers and/or media outlets to accept advance PDFs of books, not sending out physical copies (because Ā£ Ā£ Ā£ Ā£ ) unless they have to, or unless it's important for the reviewer to see a print copy of the book, like for art or photography. They certainly aren't shipping cartons of print books to "published authors" just because.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
God I despise Kyle & Hartley Brewer. And wtf was the point of having Jack on?
Apparently so JK could be ā€œhandsyā€ so said Jack

^^^this. IME a lot of publishers are now asking reviewers and/or media outlets to accept advance PDFs of books, not sending out physical copies (because Ā£ Ā£ Ā£ Ā£ ) unless they have to, or unless it's important for the reviewer to see a print copy of the book, like for art or photography. They certainly aren't shipping cartons of print books to "published authors" just because.
Key thing to remember is that Jack loves books, all her books are gifted free, and because sheā€˜m moving to a one bed flat she is giving them away.
We can decode this as - look at me Iā€™m so smart and popular, I didnā€™t spunk money in books, Iā€™m forced to generously give them away now I have a smol home.
so bloody, ruddy kind.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Are there many food banks in Southend? Say if a reporter wanted to go round them all, chat to the organisers and establish if there a regular volunteer called Jackie?
Yes, there are quite a few. The Trussell Trust operates some out of a variety of locations across the borough (ten or so I think?), but there are also independent ones or some linked to other charities - the Storehouse (Vineyard church) is probably the best known, but thereā€™s also the St Vincentā€™s (VDP) one and the Sally Army too.

And thereā€™s a lot of other community-led non-food-bank food provision for households in need - some of the churches do free hot meals for kids who are on their free holiday activity programmes (basically a week of mild Sunday school with arts and crafts and PE/team games/dancing) or go to some of the term-time after school and evening activity sessions. I know of other groups that use church venues who have group meals for the kids, and some of the mums get quietly given a bag of stuff to take home when they come and pick their kids up. And the community group leaders and the people who keep the church running also know which people are likely to be in need but wonā€™t ask for help (older widowed men, or single middle-aged men usually) so they get looked after too.

Thatā€™s one of the very worst things about Jack. She doesnā€™t give the slightest tit about promoting the genuinely wonderful work other people do for free, out of the goodness of their hearts, using money from their own pockets, and with no expectation of reward or even acknowledgment, to make life a bit less tit for people who are having a tit time. Sheā€™s had half a million people she could have been telling about how great people can be to one another. Thatā€™s half a million potential donors to causes that she should be close to and care about. But sheā€™s promoted herself, and asked people for money for herself. Greedy selfish grifter.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
They're both damaging in different ways IMO. People like Frau Andy send the curious onlookers to Tattle, and serious reviewers get the people who'd never be on Tattle to think twice about buying her book.

Sort of unrelated, Freddie deBoer posted this essay the other day that I think is really good. It's long, but the gist is that a lot of the toxicity and rage online is coming from frustrated would-be creatives who think they deserve more from life than they're getting. I was thinking about it yesterday while catching up, and then @Lucy Aeroplane wrote about how Jack had been really desperate to get in with the Southend creative scene... makes you think.
That was really interesting. There is a lot of anger online, and it does seem to come from a certain class of people. Look at the pile on today on Honey M (which she handled absolutely brilliantly), horrible to watch and horrible angry people. Iā€™m sure they think theyā€™re all liberal, caring types who should be doing better than they actually are.

Reactions: 22
Glad you were able to confirm as I can close a couple of chrome pages Iā€™ve had open for a couple of months. Iā€™ve absolutely šŸ”ŗthe flat and itā€™s really such a beauty. Iā€™d be happy to move there so if thatā€™s where she goes Iā€™m going to be rather perturbed as to how a pov such as Cack has managed to secure such a lovely home.
Any clues for a clueless frau?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Get on Rightmove, look for properties in Thorpe Bay, specifically flats and make sure you are searching for ones that are STC. Thereā€™s a really nice one listed at Ā£450,000 šŸ˜€

PS Where is Cooper? šŸ„¹
Hopefully Coops has moved in with a nice cat lady who will treat him like the king he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Done a little digging and I don't think this is a real account.

It's a real person but I think Jack has nicked his FB pic to create it. The writing style is completely different to his FB. The twitter account is focused entirely on her. His FB... isn't. He seems to have a very full and happy life. I doubt if he really had been on twitter since August, that he'd only be interested in her.

ETA look at who he follows. Anyone who isn't a blue tick, hasn't used twitter for years
And who describes themselves as "supervisor"? That's like me saying " exempt worker" in my Twitter bio.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.