Jack Monroe #458 This addled lie factory is on another level

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hot take: her singing voice is less grating than her speaking voice, which is insufferable. She can't even pronounce her own assumed name properly. "Mungno."
The *good* thing about her singing is we are spared that revolting back of the nose snotty hawking sniff she constantly does when talking.
The two words she uses that make me want to tear my ears off are 'pasta' and 'recipe'. I can't quite pinpoint why but the way she says them both makes me feel ill. It's to do with the lifeless monotone.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Well, that's what I get for thinking things had slowed down yesterday and it was safe to take an evening off for a manicure. I had a quiet work day today and intended to catch up on paperwork, but instead I sat down to check Tattle quickly and for the next two hours literally forgot I was even at work. Good job my colleagues are very tolerant.

ETA it's been quite educational too, as I learned today that a Rolodex is not a type of watch.
Yeah, now I am properly back to work after Christmas I can’t believe the amount of arguing tweets Jack is sending and how many pages there is to grunk. I actually get myself logged in for work and leave my phone so I do work. A tip Jack might want to try sometime.

Reactions: 26
10,000 2p pieces is £200. A £1 bag of 2ps weighs 355g.
200 bags of 2ps weighs 71 kilograms, and the physical properties of the coins would make it very difficult to get a human body in and out of, or rearrange easily for different shots. It's absolute bullshit, regardless of whether or not you can see the brown blanket and padding and know anything at all about Photoshop.
Forensic, I like it 🎩

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yes absolutely. I’m straight and I don’t have one, so it must be that!
I'm bisexual and I own half a salt pig (the other half LEFT).
I think we should all club together buy a duck off big vineyard and produce our own wine - the range will be carefully curated around JMs recipes. Suggestions for wine names on a postcard with 50p taped to the back will be carefully considered … thinking the budget red could be a cheeky little number probably likely going to rip your ouchy mouthy to pieces with the acidic tart enamel removing level of pure bile … best served with chickpea and peaches (never did I think I’d type those words) curry or possibly used to disinfect the plates once the aforementioned curry has been scarped in the bin. “Sarf End Signature Red” - I shall be selling shares, send cashos x
I'd buy shares in this, then start a Twitter thing to see if we could get more sales of the crappy wine than Jack did of TK, like the campaign to get RATM to Christmas No. 1. I reckon we'd make a fortune.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Bags for life aside, another thought occurs to me. It's been decades since I've had to but on the very rare occasions when I needed parental assistance they just gave me cashos and trusted I would spend it on what I needed. I wonder why Big Dave 'n' Eve didn't do the same with Jack. Really makes you think.
2 bags for life? Stingey bastards - in one of her alternative version of events she went to a foodbank after a suicide attempt and they gave her two BINBAGS of food.
Speaking of foodbanks I know a lot of us are now wary of the Trussell Trust due to Jack's involvement which tarnishes everything, but honestly someone should take a close look at what is going on shouldn't they? (This tweet is nothing to do with Jack).

Screenshot_20230110_235623.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 84
Bags for life aside, another thought occurs to me. It's been decades since I've had to but on the very rare occasions when I needed parental assistance they just gave me cashos and trusted I would spend it on what I needed. I wonder why Big Dave 'n' Eve didn't do the same with Jack. Really makes you think.
Even her own parents know better than to trust her with someone else’s cash

Reactions: 25
Even her own parents know better than to trust her with someone else’s cash
So it would seem. If it was just a couple of things she needed I could see the logic of chucking them in with their shop but it's a bit weird to do a full shop for another adult unless there is reason to think the money might go on something else.

Reactions: 34
Just been looking at RecipeTinEats as I’m a huge fan of Nagi (I think I may have been introduced to her by Tattle) and she has a book out (which is, alas, not yet available to order in the UK 😑) but I was so struck by this section of the page where she’s talking about the book and the recipe testing process:
21608427-AE93-4FCB-8B40-FCCD5FF0C8A6.png

Like this is exactly the kind of tit Jack is claiming she does but very clearly doesn’t, else Andy Lynes would have much less to be absolutely scathing about.

All over Nagi’s socials she was talking about writing and testing for months, years even, and then when people complained about a staggered release in the US and something about not getting a bonus recipe blah blah, she ended up releasing an additional free ebook.

And obv I can’t comment on the book because it’s not available here but I’ve used like 20 of her recipes [FREE! thank you for all you do etc] and nothing has ever gone wrong with them? So I absolutely trust her. Oh, and all profits from the book fund the foodbank and kitchen Nagi runs.

This is what Jack’s mental middle class FBPE fans think she’s doing while she’s off her tits on trammies and sideboards.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
I’m 🍉on holiday🍉 and really ought to be giving the JM chaos a break but I cannot. I have had an allergic reaction to a mozzie bite and the urge to itch is comparable to the urge to keep on checking in on here 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I've got some of her cookbooks, and her recipes work because she tested them! She was a proper home economist, and a true doyenne of TV cooks. Jack isn't fit to lick her boots

I've seen no recipes in her books that Jack has stolen, Jack loves nicking off BBC good food as Andy demonstrated when he listed where her recipes come from, but to be seen as not plagiarising them she puts her coke addled brain to work and alters vital ingredients, which as she can't cook she doesn't realise the implications of.
I saw this in the wild. This group tend to poke fun at everyone, mostly Russ in Cheshire but he hasn't had a look in the past week or so.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 31
2 bags for life? Stingey bastards - in one of her alternative version of events she went to a foodbank after a suicide attempt and they gave her two BINBAGS of food.
Speaking of foodbanks I know a lot of us are now wary of the Trussell Trust due to Jack's involvement which tarnishes everything, but honestly someone should take a close look at what is going on shouldn't they? (This tweet is nothing to do with Jack).

View attachment 1872820
The food bank my husband works for (it is a foodbank to other foodbanks, if that makes sense) is having problems getting food--supply chain issues not just funding. There are items you simply cannot get, or cannot get regularly, or cannot get at a price that is feasible. They have shut down their partnerships with some of the smaller outlets they contract with, consolidated, etc. Not saying that Trussell has these problems or even wants to spend money on feeding people--because they sound problematic AF. But there might also be other issues at play.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
@keyser666 Chapeau and thank(space)you for that brilliant analysis.

Let me add as an overseas frau that even with the Royal Mail strikes and the extra amount of post during the holidays, I did not receive a single piece of mail from the UK that was later than usual. (I have more problems with the Royal Mail losing things during regular times, but that's another rant.)
So I too find it very difficult to believe that Jacksie's Patreon rewards which she claims to have posted are not arriving because of problems with the mail.

Reactions: 40
Hm. Only one who explicitly says they're on a higher tier, and I guess they might be unlucky enough to be particularly badly affected by postal delays. On the other hand, you'd expect someone to have acknowledged receipt if they'd actually been sent.

This looks utterly dreadful for Jack, doesn't it?

Someone really needs to do a follow-up article examining this and the other testable claims she's made.
Yes. Why doesn’t a journalist start contacting people who’ve given money? Show Jack up for the lying, grifting piece of tit she is. I genuinely cannot believe we have people living on the streets & these people think she is worthier of charity than them 🤬The lady with the disabled child for a start-lets see the wankers defend that.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
The food bank my husband works for (it is a foodbank to other foodbanks, if that makes sense) is having problems getting food--supply chain issues not just funding. There are items you simply cannot get, or cannot get regularly, or cannot get at a price that is feasible. They have shut down their partnerships with some of the smaller outlets they contract with, consolidated, etc. Not saying that Trussell has these problems or even wants to spend money on feeding people--because they sound problematic AF. But there might also be other issues at play.
Bit of a scandal brewing here re donations to foodbanks - most of the grocery store chains have it set up so that you can make a food bank donation when you pay for your purchase. Turns out that only a few of the chains are giving the donations directly to the food banks. At least two of them are converting the donations to credit, i.e. the food bank will only get the donations by buying goods from that particular store. They don't get to use that money anywhere else. And those two chains aren't telling the customers that's how their money is being distributed.

You know, if Jack *really* wanted to make a difference to the less privileged, this is the sort of tit she could be calling out.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
Just been looking at RecipeTinEats as I’m a huge fan of Nagi (I think I may have been introduced to her by Tattle) and she has a book out (which is, alas, not yet available to order in the UK 😑) but I was so struck by this section of the page where she’s talking about the book and the recipe testing process:
View attachment 1872846

Like this is exactly the kind of tit Jack is claiming she does but very clearly doesn’t, else Andy Lynes would have much less to be absolutely scathing about.

All over Nagi’s socials she was talking about writing and testing for months, years even, and then when people complained about a staggered release in the US and something about not getting a bonus recipe blah blah, she ended up releasing an additional free ebook.

And obv I can’t comment on the book because it’s not available here but I’ve used like 20 of her recipes [FREE! thank you for all you do etc] and nothing has ever gone wrong with them? So I absolutely trust her. Oh, and all profits from the book fund the foodbank and kitchen Nagi runs.

This is what Jack’s mental middle class FBPE fans think she’s doing while she’s off her tits on trammies and sideboards.
Fascinating - compare and contrast this rigorous testing of recipes by Nagi:

Screenshot_20230111_011120.jpg

With this by Jack. Thought it up last night and stuck it in a book.
No doubt a last minute final deadline entry as she was lounging in her hammock. With literally no time at all for multiple testings with different groups of people.

Screenshot_20230111_010940.jpg

endless waffle about different flours then

Screenshot_20230111_011709.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.