Jack Monroe #458 This addled lie factory is on another level

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...egree-but-not-her-patreon.36531/post-13459022

Not sure if we can reply to posts once a thread has been locked so apologies if I'm doing this wrong 🙂

Ambien is a hypnotic, not a benzo. And lots of folk (the old me included) abuse it by not using it for insomnia but for the lovely mellow high you can get if you take it and stay awake. Just wondered if this might be something Jack might do 🤔
My ex used to get prescribed zopiclone, and take all 14 over a weekend = total head time (Meloning myself but I don't really care)
This is why people like me, who actually have sleep regulation issues that it works beautifully for, can't get it :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Thank you, so basically it was a scam aimed at a particular demographic, younger people with aspirations. I know this is a wild generalisation, but could it be that older people (and I'm one of them), aren't susceptible to lifestyle influencers because basically we've reached the point in life where we understand that "having stuff" isn't what makes us happy?
I think that might be why Jack's demographic tilts older. They are far too sensible to be following some twenty something flogging skincare but don't see they're being scammed by some chump who just trots out a few "I HATES TORIES- I AM SO RADICAL" cliches and pretends to help people in some unspecified way.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I'm awaiting James/Pikachoo's findings. Mostly because I've been watching how he reacts to people trying to threaten him or call him a racist, like Ally Fogg did earlier. He is deadly serious and I'd love to see him lock horns with the Jackmonster.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
It seems to be the older squigs most susceptible to Jack’s grifty style, exposed only to a bit of squiggling or Facebook whereas the kids whilst keener followers of influencers recognise it’s a gig and can turn on an instance if one seems a bit iffy. Jacks followers mostly don’t understand she has been a paid influencer for years and think she uses tinned peaches as that’s all she has from the food bank or budget ranges rather than paid for promotions by del monte.
Yes, I think there is likely a difference between those who follow "self-made" influencers on insta etc and older people who fall for J because she is promoted in the "proper newspapers" but pay no attention to the sm set generally.

Reactions: 37
Yes, I think there is likely a difference between those who follow "self-made" influencers on insta etc and older people who fall for J because she is promoted in the "proper newspapers" but pay no attention to the sm set generally.
The fact that she got her start as a blogger, and hasn't really broadened her SM scope beyond Twitter which is not really a visual medium, seems almost quaint. A [good] monetized YouTube channel would put Patreon to shame! Of course she'd have to produce regular new content.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm awaiting James/Pikachoo's findings. Mostly because I've been watching how he reacts to people trying to threaten him or call him a racist, like Ally Fogg did earlier. He is deadly serious and I'd love to see him lock horns with the Jackmonster.
Me too. And at this point, I feel like the serious financial irregularities are what truly need to be brought to light.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
The fact that she got her start as a blogger, and hasn't really broadened her SM scope beyond Twitter which is not really a visual medium, seems almost quaint. A [good] monetized YouTube channel would put Patreon to shame! Of course she'd have to produce regular new content.
And not sing ever again.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Thank you, so basically it was a scam aimed at a particular demographic, younger people with aspirations. I know this is a wild generalisation, but could it be that older people (and I'm one of them), aren't susceptible to lifestyle influencers because basically we've reached the point in life where we understand that "having stuff" isn't what makes us happy?
I think emotions are a big part of it too. If you read about early con artists, a key technique to take in their victim was to make them feel like a friend, a buddy. There are all the people who get fleeced through romantic relationships. It's a real human need to want to be loved, to belong, to not feel lonely, even to care for someone down on the luck, and in lots of different ways grifters play to that.

Reactions: 50
Well, that's what I get for thinking things had slowed down yesterday and it was safe to take an evening off for a manicure. I had a quiet work day today and intended to catch up on paperwork, but instead I sat down to check Tattle quickly and for the next two hours literally forgot I was even at work. Good job my colleagues are very tolerant.

ETA it's been quite educational too, as I learned today that a Rolodex is not a type of watch.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Well after reading the Guardian piece in more detail, I have to admit I'm more than impressed that after hearing about the foodbank plight of the Dickensian starving and half frozen to death darling daughter and grandchild during the bleakest of bleak mid-winters, the mother eventually weighed in with no less than two BAGS FOR LIFE full of shopping. Not just two bags of shopping, not just two carrier bags, but two BAGS FOR LIFE full of shopping. Them sturdy Bags For Life, eh?

Now that's real love that is.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
As we have a slight break from the constant chaos I take you back to the summer, with Jack tenderly musing on the future success of Grifty Kitchen,…happier times for Jack

I may have taken a slight bit of artistic licence with her words…..

View attachment 1872437
This reminds me- has anyone been in touch with Jack's floating head from the future lately? I wonder how she feels about Grifty Kitchen's rip-roaringly successful first week of sales 🫢

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I think emotions are a big part of it too. If you read about early con artists, a key technique to take in their victim was to make them feel like a friend, a buddy. There are all the people who get fleeced through romantic relationships. It's a real human need to want to be loved, to belong, to not feel lonely, even to care for someone down on the luck, and in lots of different ways grifters play to that.
I think a lot of the older women relate to her because they’ve raised their own kids and know how tough it can be. Unless you’re extremely wealthy, money is tight when the kids are small. They probably think Jack will be really grateful for the donations and that they’re helping someone they consider to be a young single mum. Since that’s how she sells herself.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
I find it is swings and roundabouts, sometimes I need time out from the threads. But then I'm lured back by new chaoi.

BTW did we know Big Dave had a caravan he is selling and uses the word ephemera but not in relation to chickpeas?
Don’t get too excited it is already sold

Reactions: 15
I want to know what Jack's exclusive message is, to the Best readers. I guess "Sign up for my Patreon, peasants" would be too bold, no?
I'm guessing their readership is largely of the rage nan demographic? Trying to recruit more members for her flying monkey squad?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
But she told the Guardian a month ago that they had all been sent - the vast majority should have arrived by now.

She could still clear this up by showing a receipt from the Post Office... but until she does that, it looks like she's been caught telling a direct lie in the interview.
Hm. Only one who explicitly says they're on a higher tier, and I guess they might be unlucky enough to be particularly badly affected by postal delays. On the other hand, you'd expect someone to have acknowledged receipt if they'd actually been sent.

This looks utterly dreadful for Jack, doesn't it?

Someone really needs to do a follow-up article examining this and the other testable claims she's made.
Just saying it's very convenient she allegedly posted bang smack in the worst of the postal strikes and pre-Christmas chaos. It's all too easy for stuff to have been delayed or gone missing if people do complain.

In fact, I'm pretty sure she's that excuse in the past. Her local post office must be under special measures by now...
Right mon frere et sœurs, in regards to the above mentioned quoted subject matter in respect of our degenerate mon ami & proclamation in the Grauniad article that they have fulfilled their Patreon obligations having sent postcards to their tiered subscribers, well I would like to cordially invite you all to some chaos that even the most super of super sleuths that we have here amongst us have missed, as always we have the receipts!

i will start off with the dates of Royal Mail strikes in December 2022. These dates are;
Friday 9 December
Sunday 11 December
Wednesday 14 December
Thursday 15 December
Friday 23 December
Saturday 24 December

Please note that since Xmas Eve Royal Mail has NOT been on strike at any point up until the current day today of 10th January. On the 20th December 2022 our degenerate mon ami (Monroe for those who can’t speak French) tweeted;

49111625-6599-49CB-9424-6B6BFBE14771.png

Now please pay particular attention to what our mon ami said in her tweet, that being “Apart from the 2 years worth all at once” in regards to her posting out and sending a whole 2 years worth of postcards that day via the post office. Now I personally know full well just like my fellow brethren here that Monroe does have a penchant for being tricksy in the words that she uses that her stans and your average Joe Bloggs can’t see the woods for the trees but it’s very very clear in what she said in her own tweet above on the 20th December that she has done 2 whole years of postcards all at once and that she has posted them to those Patreon subscribers.

Now since she sent them that day on the 20th December as her tweet implies there was only two Royal Mail strike days as I listed above earlier, those dates being the 23rd and 24th of December. Let’s also be generous here and factor in that this was at the very peak of the run up to Xmas and that it’s undoubtedly the most busiest time of the year for Royal Mail so 1sr class or 2nd class posted items aren’t always delivered the next day or by the 2nd day as you would expect them to be or as you have paid for them to be, but generally speaking they would be the majority of the time received by the 3rd day, definitely by the 4th day after posting. Let’s now also be even more generous here for our degenerate friend and factor in that in the previous two weeks of her posting out the whole 2 years worth of postcards that Royal Mail were on strike for two days for each of those two weeks and there might possibly have been a backlog of mail at Royal Mail, I make these mentions just to take into account any possible issues that need to be considered.

Now with all of that said and done and bei mg very generous with elements that we should factor in, since her tweet of the 20th December where she very clearly stated that she had posted out a whole 2 years worth of postcards there had been 12 legitimate posting days until today the 10th January whereby Royal Mail has been delivering. Even factoring in the possibility of mail backlogs due to the strikes throughout the whole of December, factoring in that it was the Xmas period and most busiest time of the year for Royal Mail our degenerate friend Monroe had of posted the postcards on the 20th December as per her own tweet it is indisputable that they would all have been delivered by now 12 valid delivering days later if not at least 95% of them would have been delivered.

BUT HEY, what’s this? You want more chaos I hear you chant? Well who am I to deny you such a thing? In that case have a read of this tweet from our mutual friend

9F0BA627-91AD-4E09-8991-5EC1EE22DE5F.png

Tweeted only 3 days ago on the 7th January. Those eagle eyed amongst us (So all of you) will notice that at the end of her tweet that she says that they were sent out in both December and January of this year. She says that she had mailed out the outstanding Patreon pledges in January but she said in her 20th December tweet that she had just mailed out a whole two years worth of Patreon postcards pledges??

so she either outright lied in December when she tweeted saying that she had mailed out 2 years at once worth of postcards to her subscribers if she only tweeted 3 days ago that she has done this in both December and January OR she has lied in her interview with the Grauniad feature article saying that she has fulfilled her Patreon obligations as that took place prior. Now just one further thing because we are the generous type of folks around here, like the generosity shown over the postal timeline factors above, it could be said that she meant that her tweet back in December was for the 2 years outstanding missed pledges that she had posted and her most recent tweet where she referenced sending out in January that she meant that she had also fulfilled her obligations for the month of January obligations but as tricksy as she may be, her tweet from 3 days ago quite clearly states that she had mailed out outstanding pledges and Januarys wouldn’t be outstanding as yet and nor would she have coupled that with saying December either.

i personally don’t think that we will hear of any of her subscribers confirming that they have received any of these postcards for another couple of weeks yet. I don’t believe 100% that Monroe sent anything at all back on the 20th December as she claimed and she was mindful of the strikes fully intending to use them as an excuse, her secondary tweet only 3 days ago now saying that she sent some of the outstanding in January also again as a tool to give her more time if she is challenged by anyone who hasn’t received their postcards BUT I do believe that they will receive these postcards in the coming couple of weeks or so because Monroe knows full well with the increased scrutiny that she has been under recently that she has to send them out to her subscribers now that she has tweeted publicly that she has done this already as well as saying in the Grauniad interview article that she has fulfilled her Patreon pledges obligations that if she doesn’t actually send anything out then that will literally validate what we have been saying about her all along, that she is a fraud, grifter and scammer and we aren’t trolls and she knows that she has to.

the thing is though if she did send anything via post on the 20th December, regardless of any possible backlog, strikes etc they would have been received by now 12 postal days later and nobody has confirmed that and secondly she has clearly lied based on her second tweet saying she sent them in January as well when she said she sent them all in December. It’s just another day, another month and another indisputable lie from our best friend who JUST CANT LIE

• Heart
Reactions: 105
I think a lot of the older women relate to her because they’ve raised their own kids and know how tough it can be. Unless you’re extremely wealthy, money is tight when the kids are small. They probably think Jack will be really grateful for the donations and that they’re helping someone they consider to be a young single mum. Since that’s how she sells herself.
There’s also a clutch of well or semi educated women often childless who had to fight for education or job opportunities, some with kids who were thwarted by childcare issues with strong politics and zero experience of benefits etc. who believe they are pulling others up

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Well after reading the Guardian piece in more detail, I have to admit I'm more than impressed that after hearing about the foodbank plight of the Dickensian starving and half frozen to death darling daughter and grandchild during the bleakest of bleak mid-winters, the mother eventually weighed in with no less than two BAGS FOR LIFE full of shopping. Not just two bags of shopping, not just two carrier bags, but two BAGS FOR LIFE full of shopping. Them sturdy Bags For Life, eh?

Now that's real love that is.
Bags for life aside, another thought occurs to me. It's been decades since I've had to but on the very rare occasions when I needed parental assistance they just gave me cashos and trusted I would spend it on what I needed. I wonder why Big Dave 'n' Eve didn't do the same with Jack. Really makes you think.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.