Jack Monroe #452 Pulped Fiction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning ninnies - working from home today thanks to a: it being Friday and b: my youngest puking up what looked like a Jack recipe at about 4am šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

Will get some photos of GK a bit later on, but to kick start your day, there's a fresh article ripping the pics out of her, and I swear the author must be a StealthFrauā„¢ļø as there's 5 or 6 ready made, brilliant thread titles in there like "Our own modern-day Ma Ingalls":

Kathleen Stock is a proper hero of mine.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Lads I am whole thread behind but I am calling this as the best chaos of all time.

We knew the book was going to be tit - but I think even the most pessimistic fraus were not expecting the publishers to have to basically disown the book on the day of release.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 120
Annoys me no end how she thinks revealing herself to be disorganised, unprofessional, selfish, lazy and all round terrible at her job is somehow an āœØadorable quirk.āœØ
It also annoys me that she could make such a difference, she's got a decent following and she goes on other media. If she actually did campaign, actually share tips, actually did support food banks and yet does nothing other than moan about people calling her out in genuine issues. Moans about bullying yet is a bully herself.

She could still turn it around and do all of this if she was honest, but she won't and prefers to waste her platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I said on here a few months ago that Jack would be the perfect subject for a Netflix documentary and LJC it really is going that way.
I see it as a cross between Fyre and Wild Wild Country (she as a sort of thrift Bhagwan). Maybe some of us frauen can appear in silhouette with those weird mangled voices saying we had her number early on but no one listened to us?
Thrift Bhagwan šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 1858951

@Marmalade Atkins there's one right here, mind your fingers!

View attachment 1858953

She's got a drawer full of can openers

View attachment 1858954
Ok. You canā€™t just throw these photos in on a Friday morning and expect them not to be dissected (again šŸ˜Ž).

1. why is the horrid, dirty, wooden spatula got 33 on it? Are we to assume she has 33 spatulas?

2. is the murder ā€œicelā€ cleaver from an award?

3. whatā€™s the red slider thing?

4. the pink plastic thing in the DM, is that a straw?

5. she has a curved blade? How many murder implements does she own? Is this why she is obsessed with opening tins dangerously?

6. finally and obviously we have covered this before, WHY TF WOULD YOU PUT COOKING STUFF IN SHOES?

ETA- sorry. I just canā€™t stop. Even if you are fastidious about cleaning yourfeet and wear clean socks all the time and have new shoes all the time (which we know is not the case with Jack), you just wouldnā€™t put anything that you cook with near your shoes would you? I cannot get over this. I feel sick. I know the holey crumpets were bad (holes can really affect people- I did warning slides before showing holes on phobia lessons) but really, this is just bleeping foul.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Morning ninnies - working from home today thanks to a: it being Friday and b: my youngest puking up what looked like a Jack recipe at about 4am šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

Will get some photos of GK a bit later on, but to kick start your day, there's a fresh article ripping the pics out of her, and I swear the author must be a StealthFrauā„¢ļø as there's 5 or 6 ready made, brilliant thread titles in there like "Our own modern-day Ma Ingalls":

bleeping hell, as my ma would say, that review ā€œdidnae miss and hit the waā€™ā€ did it šŸ˜¬

my favourite bit:

36BC97DD-6C5A-4B3D-AC9B-8F4A70CE2F78.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Dont hold back kathleen. Blimey. Well at least she is honest and to the point.
But the "unintentional scamming" thing is a nonsense. Jack does come across as disorganised and scatty, but that's all part of her persona. She knows exactly what's she's doing and how to play it. The scam is very much intentional.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Ok. You canā€™t just throw these photos in on a Friday morning and expect them not to be dissected (again šŸ˜Ž).

1. why is the horrid, dirty, wooden spatula got 33 on it? Are we to assume she has 33 spatulas?

2. is the murder ā€œicelā€ cleaver from an award?

3. whatā€™s the red slider thing?

4. the pink plastic thing in the DM, is that a straw?

5. she has a curved blade? How many murder implements does she own? Is this why she is obsessed with opening tins dangerously?

6. finally and obviously we have covered this before, WHY TF WOULD YOU PUT COOKING STUFF IN SHOES?
And this speaks volumes about her too (and Iā€™m sure weā€™ve said this before) - how much in monetary terms is in that drawer? Knives by global, icel. Loads of cash spunked on them and yet look. All thrown in a drawer, bashing against each other, dulling them and theyā€™re all also stinking dirty. She respects nothing because sheā€™s never really had it hard. And it pisses me off. Sorry.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
She took out the home spa tip - table salt and orange peel
I'm sad that twitter didn't get to see the baking trays in your bed tip. There would have been much mirth šŸ˜”.

A comparison between The Batch Lady budget book also released yesterday, and TK. Jack can blame poor reviews on trolls, but trolls don't have anything to do with preorders. Speaks for itself. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Screenshot_20230106-074406_Amazon Shopping.jpg

TK:
Screenshot_20230106-074334_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 33
If she sees nothing wrong with storing knives like this, perhaps that explains why she sees nothing wrong with suggesting people use a knife and a hammer to open a tin. She just has no sense. These are all sharp (or they should be, if you look after them properly). You shouldn't store your kitchen knives in such a way that an unwary plunge of your hand into the drawer results in cut fingers. A lot of them are also expensive (I can see two Global brand, they're a couple of Ā£100 each) and storing them like this will damage them.

The red knife on the left, next to one of the Globals is a stanley type for DIY. Two three things
  1. it should be in your toolbox, not your kitchen drawer, you skanky mare
  2. the black slider is for retracting the blade into the handle so you don't bleeping cut yourself on it.
  3. She's so bleeping stupid and careless
1672991177828.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
If she sees nothing wrong with storing knives like this, perhaps that explains why she sees nothing wrong with suggesting people use a knife and a hammer to open a tin. She just has no sense. These are all sharp (or they should be, if you look after them properly). You shouldn't store your kitchen knives in such a way that an unwary plunge of your hand into the drawer results in cut fingers. A lot of them are also expensive (I can see two Global brand, they're a couple of Ā£100 each) and storing them like this will damage them.

The red knife on the left, next to one of the Globals is a stanley type for DIY. Two three things
  2. the black slider is for retracting the blade into the handle so you don't bleeping cut yourself on it.
View attachment 1858973
Genuinely would not expect to see this kind of shot outside of a true crime context.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Sheā€™s up. Sheā€™s seen the unherd piece. Sheā€™s now commenting to squigs about the book price. Iā€™ll leave that to another post.
10B3825E-B87A-4550-946A-9110035CA44B.jpeg

11C581CC-A8B2-4D9D-8172-9EFD582D1B06.jpeg

7AE010C8-7CC5-432A-9331-C745C82F0471.jpeg

14D078CF-E7C3-4468-8843-E1C2174CC45F.jpeg

87E0E325-3623-44D2-9A2A-147AD0A55A4D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 104

View attachment 1858973
I've wanted a Global knife for ages, but they're so expensive. Makes me sad to see them just chucked in a drawer like that. She's gross and doesn't deserve nice things.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.