Jack Monroe #447 Can’t even tell the truth about owning her own book

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly off topic but we had a wild night last night sneezing & watched a documentary on Netflix about the woman who wrote walking with wolves (about a woman who claimed as a kid during the holocaust she walked through Europe and lived with wolves for a while). Turns out it was bullshit but she had been through some trauma and almost convinced herself it was true (which I call bullshit on). Actually really reminded me of Jack-it finishes off saying she’s both a victim & a villain. Although I don’t think Jack’s been through trauma like losing her parents in camps obvs & blatantly lies without any justification as we’ve already seen this morning.
I watched that this morning. Couldn't help but notice the parallels.

Reactions: 22
The sad thing is this shows she’s experienced very little growth in the past year, and may have even regressed further. She did a massive self-pitying thread the other day about how she know she over-promises and under-delivers, knows her own “chaoses” etc. So why make (and announce to half a million people?!) such a ridiculous resolution that it’s essentially impossible to keep? I think with Jack, although her fundamental personality is rotten, it’s just the endless cycle of never learning that’s exhausting and irritating. Plenty of people are shitheads but few are so relentless in revisiting their failures and then crying about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
Her not engaging with the "trolls" is going well then. Lasted about a day? HAPPY New Year - start as you mean to go on you lying twit
Edit: not entirely sure why phone decided to give me 'happy' in capitals but I'm leaving it there as a mini chaos

• Haha
Reactions: 49
100 hr working week is 14 hrs per day.
Plus an hour to walk the dog
Plus an hour for her "meeting" (averaged over the week including travel time)
Plus 5 hrs sleep (I will take her claim of insomnia at face value)
That leaves 3 hrs per day to do EVERYTHING else - shop, cook, eat, clean, wash, school run, spend time with SB, see her "friends" go to the dog cafe, etc etc etc etc etc including reading a book every other day.
Nothing adds up.
Also, no wonder her mental health is shot if she's sleeping that little. She really should get medical help for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
So in 2022 she was reading an average of a book every 3 days, while:

-Working 120 hour weeks (avg 17 hours a day, 7 days a week)
-Attending 10+ AA meetings per week (around 2 hours each?)
-Parenting
-Walking her huge dog twice a day
-At least 2-3 hours every day fighting fires on her main Twitter, not to mention all the time spent on her sock accounts

She really needs to share her hacks for manipulating the space-time continuum, never mind faffing about with egg rings.
Plus her weekly volunteering at foodbanks and behind the scenes work in prisons.

None of her resolutions involved actual work did they?
* Start finish VBI
* Fulfil patreon promises regularly
* Get a job

(Bookworm Jack is a new one. Maybe one of her new gentle loving supportive friends is one too. We all know how she appropriates stuff all the time. You would think having read 161 this year she would've mentioned at least ONE. Just ONE).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I’m presuming all 161 books were on Twitter …
If she HAD read any books at all, she’d have shared every opinion she had about each and every sodding one.
Maybe she read 161 blurbs.

Reactions: 46
So her alternative Christmas lunch of Pie+Mash didn’t happen as “SB sick again and didn’t feel like it” - all ingredients in freezer for Tuesday. Suggestion yet again that SB only visits on Tuesdays and has avoided additional contact. View attachment 1845456
If my mum gave me eel pie on the only day I visited her I would sue her

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
So in 2022 she was reading an average of a book every 3 days, while:

-Working 120 hour weeks (avg 17 hours a day, 7 days a week)
-Attending 10+ AA meetings per week (around 2 hours each?)
-Parenting
-Walking her huge dog twice a day
-At least 2-3 hours every day fighting fires on her main Twitter, not to mention all the time spent on her sock accounts

She really needs to share her hacks for manipulating the space-time continuum, never mind faffing about with egg rings.
As one of the greatest minds of our time, Molly-Mae Hague said, 'We all have the same 24 hours'. Us mere mortals obviously aren't as superior as both her and Jack and aren't TRYING HARD ENOUGH TO LIVE OUR BEST LIVES. TOOT TOOT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY THREE BOOKS?!

I was literally paid to read for 3.5 years and I don’t think I managed this in that whole time. She’s absolutely mental.
I reckon I was about that when I’d use the “hotel libraries” aka book tables. I once did two Catherine Cooksons in a day. There was a LOT of Catherine Cooksons.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Eels make me shudder, not when they are swimming about happily though. Has anyone seen that midsomer murders episode about folk music with eels? Cos that's the vibe I'm getting from Jack and eels. Bonus inexplicable eggs too.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
We’re so stunned by the ridiculous reading claims we’ve overlooked the fact that a self certified pov who’s hired at least two full sized skips is still decluttering? 😱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
She didn't specifically state ~which~ books she intends to read. There's quite a large selection of "That's not my.." books.
Quite. I technically read 2 books a day, as my autistic child makes me read ‘that’s not my dinosaur’ and ‘ten little pirates’ every single night.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Egg rings.
I used to run a greasy spoon. I used egg rings every day. They were essential to make sure you could get as many eggs on the griddle as possible without them spilling into each other. But that was a business. Individuals and families don't need egg rings, certainly not ones made out of sawn-off baked beans tins.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
So there will be four blogs this week then.
How long will that last?
If she manages one this week I'll be amazed.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Egg rings.
I used to run a greasy spoon. I used egg rings every day. They were essential to make sure you could get as many eggs on the griddle as possible without them spilling into each other. But that was a business. Individuals and families don't need egg rings, certainly not ones made out of sawn-off baked beans tins.
Ah. Maybe she's getting confused with the time she was head chef at Blackfoot. Or when she was working the grill with Daz at the Harvester.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
When my dear old Dad was alive, he always used to tell me that my friends would let me down in the end and that family was what counted. I was young and full of piss and vinegar and didn't really take it on board. I thought he was being a miserable bastard.

Then one day, I started a family of my own and my life changed. And of course, when your life changes, so does the way you view life. I was still with my daughters Mum at the time and it was pretty novel having to not only book time off work to get rat arsed with my friends but also square it with her.

Eventually we started to argue a lot and split up but my responsibility was still there. I was 27 by this point but still the only one in my group of friends to have any children. It was around this time that I realized that the old man was right: Friends are for children. Friends are ephemera. In fact to me one of the most deplorable traits in a person (as demonstrated by Jack in that tweet) is the type of grinning dildo that goes round saying 'I'm friends with everybody'. This translates to 'I am a spineless berk without any scruples or standards. I will tolerate all manner of duplicitous and obnoxious people as long as my social circle is widened and my position in the flock is solidified.' So, if JM is indeed telling the truth about this New Years Eve party, then it's a great shame she can't just spend the night doing jolly things with her son rather than engaging in peer approval exercises most of us grow out of in our twenties.

P.S. I haven't had a drink since November 25th on medical grounds and will never be able to drink again. Therefore if you ever see me claiming to have made 100 sausage rolls or being 'all danced out' then the likelihood of this being true is zero.

Happy New Year everyone

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 91
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.